Farscape Forums

Syfy (ended 2004)

CRAP!! Farscape to be released WITH PK Wars

Jacks_Son

[1]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 13
    Okay, this sucks. I pre-ordered the complete series through Amazon (sans PK Wars), and now I find out that the complete series PLUS The Peacekeeper Wars will be sold only through Best Buy.
    Edited on 09/22/2009 11:06am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    Your right, that does suck.

agent_0042

[3]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 66
    Jacks -- I just checked and assuming I was looking at the right page, what you preordered doesn't release until sometime in November. Amazon does not charge you for a preorder until your item actually ships. If you want the set from Best Buy that also has Peacekeeper Wars, what you should do is immediately cancel your Amazon order and that way you won't be charged for it. Then you can go ahead and order the better set from Best Buy instead.

Jacks_Son

[4]Sep 23, 2009

agent_0042 wrote:
    Jacks -- I just checked and assuming I was looking at the right page, what you preordered doesn't release until sometime in November. Amazon does not charge you for a preorder until your item actually ships. If you want the set from Best Buy that also has Peacekeeper Wars, what you should do is immediately cancel your Amazon order and that way you won't be charged for it. Then you can go ahead and order the better set from Best Buy instead.

I've already thought of that, but the problem is, the Amazon price for the complete series w/o PK Wars is $104. However, I've heard that Best Buy's price for the complete series w/PK Wars will be around $150. I already own PK Wars in widescreen and since none of these sets will be on Blu Ray, I have to decide whether I want to pay the additional price for the set w/PK Wars.

agent_0042

[5]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 66
    Ah, I got ya'. In that case, the best move might be to wait until closer to when the actual release is and see what price each is offering at that time.

Jacks_Son

[6]Sep 23, 2009
    I think I'll wait for confirmation on the inclusion of PKW. I went to Best Buy's web site and they list the complete series but w/o PKW. I heard on a podcast that it was going to be included but perhaps the podcaster got the information wrong.

buffyTVSrox

[7]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 33
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    I've already thought of that, but the problem is, the Amazon price for the complete series w/o PK Wars is $104. However, I've heard that Best Buy's price for the complete series w/PK Wars will be around $150. I already own PK Wars in widescreen and since none of these sets will be on Blu Ray, I have to decide whether I want to pay the additional price for the set w/PK Wars.

Personally, there's no way I'd pay that much extra just for a set with PK Wars included, especially if I already owned it. In fact, I do own it, and so I pre-ordered the complete series (minus it) from Amazon quite happily. I just feel bad for the people who order it and haven't seen the whole show yet, and think it really is truly the complete series, and then get to that cliffhanger and think that's it.

If I may ask, why is it such a big deal for you that PKW be included if you already own it? Is it just so it will all be in one nice and neat box set? If that's it, it hardly seems worth it, unless you have severe OCD, in which case, go for it.

Jacks_Son

[8]Oct 14, 2009

I thought I had posted an amendment to my OP, however, it doesn't appear to show here. Anyway, I looked at the set on Best Buy and it doesn't say anything about PKW being included. So far, it appears that Best Buy will be selling the same set that Amazon will be selling. I wanted a completely NEW set (including PKW) because my existing sets are getting heavy use.

NiceZork

[9]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    I also ordered of amazon the complete and just bought peacekeeper wars from ebay

spocks2

[10]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    For a limited time, www.deepdiscount.com has the set priced at $74.38.

spocks2

[11]Nov 16, 2009
    Oh, look at that. Here's a $5 off (orders of $25 or more) coupon code for Deep Discount: N4V24RVDNH That makes it $69 for the set, no taxes and free shipping.

chaosrainz

[12]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 17

spocks2 wrote:
    Oh, look at that. Here's a $5 off (orders of $25 or more) coupon code for Deep Discount: N4V24RVDNH That makes it $69 for the set, no taxes and free shipping.
    Maybe I should have read this post sooner?! I just posted a thread about the set being on sale at Bestbuy.com right now. It's $69.99, but there are taxes and shipping unless you can get it locally (which I can't)at a store. I'm not sure how long that deal lasts though and with free shipping and no tax...yours sounds like a better deal. thanks!

update: Bestbuy is on backorder and so is Deep Discount.

Also that code is not valid according to the site.....

Edited on 11/18/2009 10:40am

spocks2

[13]Nov 18, 2009
    Try this code: LTPVNY3FX8