Farscape Forums

Syfy (ended 2004)

Do you like ben Bowder and Claudia Black better on farscape or SG1?

Angel2408

[41]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 9
    Thanks for your answers. I made up my mind to give it at least a try without expecting to see Aeryn and Crichton back again but rather enjoying to watch Claudia Black and Ben Browder. I need to watch more of them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thewiseman

[42]Jan 5, 2008
    I think they are excellent in both shows.
    Edited on 01/05/2008 1:56pm

farscapefanuk

[43]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 32
    I agree, i think the obvious choice is Farscape because they did that show for two years. Stargate we got less then two years of Ben and Claudia together so cosidering that i do think that Stargate is a close second.

Clemontine

[44]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 23

Although Aeryn is more complex and probably harder to portray, comic relief isnt necessarily easy simply for being considered a less important element in a story. It wasnt until I saw her as Vala in SG-1 that I became a fan of her, and realized how much she could do. Now I am somewhat obsessed or in love with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NExxlZ0RrLg

abigailmarissa

[45]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think with Ben it's difficult to say because John and Cameron are so similar although I'm more inclined to see Farscape simply because it came across in SG-1 like they were trying too hard just to throw in a replacement for Jack rather than thinking out his character properly. But with Claudia I'd say she's better on SG-1 no contest. She just has such charisma and I think the character of Vala really allows that to come through.

Angel2408

[46]Feb 7, 2008

Now that I've seen Ben and Claudia in both Farscape and Stargate I have to say that I do like them better on Farscape. While I truly enjoyed the character Vala I still think that CB and to a greater degree BB were a little bit limited in their portrayal on Stargate. I think their characters had more depth and ranges as Aeryn/John. But I think that may be because on Stargate they were among more "important" and established characters (for a lack of better description) and were not given enough material to really shape their characters and ultimately not enough time. But watching the actors work is great for both shows. Of course, IMO

KingofIPirates

[47]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 32
    This is not even close, they are much better in Farscape.

CSIGeekFan

[48]Feb 22, 2008
    I like them on SG-1, but I LOVE them on Farscape. The chemistry, tension, love, absolution, and grace they exhibit on Farscape are utterly amazing.

I got the Peacekeeper Wars for Christmas. I've been watching it over and over... and skipping SG-1 to do so.

Idbeolderifiwas

[49]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 20
    Overall I like SG-1 more than Farscape, but when it comes to BB and CB, there is no comparison. They are much much better characters on Farscape. On SG-1 they were basically thrown in with barely any background on them or anything. Cam was a pretty boring character IMO, where as with Crichton we got to see his background from the start, and watched him and Aeyrn fall in love. I haven't seen the last 2 seasons of Farscape yet, but already the characters are much better than their SG-1 counterparts. Plus, Ben is extremely good at acting insane, so he really fits the Crichton character.

knuckelhead

[50]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 5

I preffer them on Farscape

Knavehart

[51]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    Oh no doubt they are better on Scape. Chemistry is a big factors, plus there was much more character development due to the shows story arc structure. They were allowed to build directly on what came before, and not have everything solved and reset to the begining status after 45m.

Vala was a more interesting character than Cam, but Aeryn had so many more layers - it was fun watching the 4 season as she finally got to showcase them (granted some of the fun was in Chricton's head in Chricton kicks, and Quixote - Claudia in that blond wig and the lisping southern accent! loved that, the huge toothy smile she gives, "i'm not the prithess you theek, but we could still have a really great time" )

And in the last 2 eps on Katrozi, the elevator dancing scene, and getting caught in the flower pit - loved it loved loved it LOL

MajLorne

[52]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 21

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    Overall I like SG-1 more than Farscape, but when it comes to BB and CB, there is no comparison. They are much much better characters on Farscape. On SG-1 they were basically thrown in with barely any background on them or anything. Cam was a pretty boring character IMO, where as with Crichton we got to see his background from the start, and watched him and Aeyrn fall in love. I haven't seen the last 2 seasons of Farscape yet, but already the characters are much better than their SG-1 counterparts. Plus, Ben is extremely good at acting insane, so he really fits the Crichton character.
    I agree totally. I like SG-1 more, but for character portrails, both of them are better on Farscape [I didn't get a chance to watch Farscape but i did catch the 4 hr Peacekeeper Wars which aired just recently]. So my opinions are based on that.

The parody in SG-1's '200' was kinda appropriate where BB played Stark I think and MS played BB's Crichton character, which alluded to the end in 'Unending'.

kraylith

[53]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Farscape all the way, it's superior to Stargate in any way. I really like Stargate, but I love Farscape. ^^ Especially Claudia Blacks character is sorta boring in SG-1. In the beginning it was actually kinda nice, but she got more boring toward the end.

hbktimf24

[54]May 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    Ha sweet to see my 2 year old post still going. Still i prefer them on farscape.

pferreira86

[55]May 15, 2009
    • level: 17

I always liked them better on Farscape. They were given great characters to work with.

ann_e

[56]May 25, 2009
    • level: 6
    I deffinetly like them more in Farscape. They just had a great chemistry. In SG1 they rarely even interacted. And I don`t think Mitchell and Crichton were all that similar. Crichton was so passionate, he was a free thinker to the point of childishness. Mitchell was an outstanding military man.

hbktimf24

[57]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 7
    Rewatched both series and the chemistry they had in farscape was still amazing

JazmynSwan

[58]Dec 14, 2010
    • level: 1

I like Ben Bowder on Farscapebecausehe was funnier and always goofing around but i liked Claudia Black on SG1 becuase she was the goof. it's like their roles were completely reversed.

nasatala

[59]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 6

I definitely prefer them on Farscape! Though I think that their acting job on Stargate is just fine, I just like the other characters better.

jrsgalaxy

[60]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 14
    morganblin wrote:
    />What I do love is how they managed to prove their acting capability, because when I watch Stargate, instead of just seeing Crichton and Aeryn in an alternate universe, I can really believe they're being Vala and Mitchell.

xXx
    That could probably be due to not making them love interests. It would've been harder to ignore the parallels then.