Farscape Forums

Syfy (ended 2004)

Does this show end with a cliffhanger? Is it worth watching the whole series?

texag2005

[1]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 1
    Does this show end with a cliffhanger? Is it worth watching the whole series?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

raygoshay

[2]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    Truth be told, you may be asking the wrong people. I'd imagine most individuals posting on this board are fans. Plus, I'd hate to discuss the nature of a series finale with someone unfamiliar with the show.

spocks2

[3]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 4
    Hee, bias aside, hell yes it's worth it! If you're worried that the writers leave everything twisting in the wind, don't be - everyone involved with Farscape made sure that didn't happen.

kanniballl

[4]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 18

My favorite seasons were 1 and 2. It had the fish-out-of-water element, like Sheriff Carter in Eureka or Buck Rogers in the future. Crichton initially views everything around him the same as a normal human (or perhaps just American) might, making comparisons to comics / movies / etc. There were other gags like it took him forever to learn how to open doors and the realization on how these aliens clean their teeth. Eventually he acclamates to his environment, though he difinitely has his own personal view on things. It's still a good show at this point, I just liked him better when he didn't know up from down.

The series finale ends on a cliffhanger... the CLIFFHANGER of cliffhangers. It even said "To be continued." Yet that was to be the final episode. Long story short, SciFi changed its mind on whether it would make another season and finally told them they would do it. They adjusted the final scene for the cliffhanger and wrapped up, only for SciFi to change its mind again.

Fortunately they wrapped it up with a mini series, though I personally think they tried to cram too much into the mini. The show ended with a lot of loose threads and they tried to tie them all in the 4 or 5 hours they had.

A_Kefka

[5]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    The show creators originally planned 5 seasons, from the start. Season 4 turned out to be the last full season, ending on a cliffhanger that was supposed to lead into season 5. but something about the production company changing owners or something led to the show being cancelled. They did get to make the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries later, which was a compressed version of the season 5 story arc, and a good ending for the show.

jezzasparky

[6]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 3

The story-finishing mini-series only came about because the fans made such a noise about the show being axed, paid for ads in the papers, even actually got people interested to finance it (if I remember correctly - it was a while ago)...... - because we were so upset about the cliffhanger ending!

There's supposed to be some webisodes coming at some point but god knows what's going on there - haven't heard anything new about that for AGES!

As for "is it worth watching"? well - personally I'd say a resounding YES! but I am biased:-)

FrozenHeart_

[7]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    Id say yes its worth watching, There is better sci-fi out there in my opinion but not that many, And yes it ends with a really bad cliffhanger, Made me yell out "ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?" BUT, Theres a small mini series called the peacekeeper wars that wraps it up really nicely so make sure you can get your hands on that before watching the series.

pferreira86

[8]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 17
    I loved the show's cliffhanger. It was totally unexpected.

Farscape1812

[9]Mar 19, 2009

Certainly is worth every bit of it. No cliffhanger at the end as the above post stated. As far as best seasons, 3 and 4 are my favorites. If you don't want to take our word for it, then go to these websites and read about the final season + peacekeeper wars to find out on your own. farscapefantsy.com & discoverfarscape.com

Farscape1812

[10]Mar 19, 2009

Certainly is worth every bit of it. No cliffhanger at the end as the above post stated. As far as best seasons, 3 and 4 are my favorites. If you don't want to take our word for it, then go to these websites and read about the final season + peacekeeper wars to find out on your own. farscapefantasy.com & discoverfarscape.com

pferreira86

[11]Apr 24, 2009
    Farscape1812 wrote:

Certainly is worth every bit of it. No cliffhanger at the end as the above post stated. As far as best seasons, 3 and 4 are my favorites. If you don't want to take our word for it, then go to these websites and read about the final season + peacekeeper wars to find out on your own. farscapefantasy.com & discoverfarscape.com

Really? It said 'To Be Continued' at the end.

Jacks_Son

[12]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 13

pferreira86 wrote:

At the end of the series (Season 4), it did indeed say "To Be Continued", however the fan base raised so much Hell, that a finale to the series was properly filmed, and that was called, "The Peacekeeper Wars". PKW wraps up the series pretty much to every one's satisfaction except for one LARGE problem.

pferreira86

[13]May 15, 2009
    Jacks_Son wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

At the end of the series (Season 4), it did indeed say "To Be Continued", however the fan base raised so much Hell, that a finale to the series was properly filmed, and that was called, "The Peacekeeper Wars". PKW wraps up the series pretty much to every one's satisfaction except for one LARGE problem.

Sorry, I didn't take into account the TV movie. I thought you just meant the series. By the way, what's that one large problem?
    Edited on 05/15/2009 5:55am

Jacks_Son

[14]Aug 16, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't take into account the TV movie. I thought you just meant the series. By the way, what's that one large problem?

Sorry, but that last question is one you don't want to ask or should already know the answer to. It's a very sensitive subject.

Edited on 08/16/2009 1:28pm

mattgus

[15]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    MANY FIND FARSCAPE "TOO WIERD"...BUT IF YOU ARE A FANTASY/SCI-FI FAN AND ENJOY ADULT,INTELLEGENT STORIES,WITH LOTS OF ACTION,DRAMA AND YES MANY CLIFFHANGERS...WELL THEN YES BY ALL MEANS START THE WONDERFUL JORNEY THAT IS FARSCAPE.. THE BEST ANYONE HAS TO OFFER IN THIS CATAGORY BY ITSELF...IT WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE IT WAS SO EXPENSIVE TO DO...EVERYONE ESP THE CRITICS WERE SURPRISED AND SADDENED,NOT TO MENTION APPALLED...TREAT YOURSELF TO THE BEST OF THE BEST...I WISH I COULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN FOR THE 1ST TIME...I WATCH THE SERIES(WHICH I OWN)OVER AND OVER...ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IS WATCH IT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER SEEN IT...EVERYONE GETS ADDICTED...HAVE FUN....

KingofIPirates

[16]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 32
    At first I found Farscape rather weird but after continued watch I realized just how intricately well written and fascinating it really was.

pferreira86

[17]Sep 11, 2009
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

Sorry, but that last question is one you don't want to ask or should already know the answer to. It's a very sensitive subject.

Blast. I'll be kicking myself trying to figure out what it is. It's probably staring me right in the face.

Jacks_Son

[18]Sep 16, 2009
    HINT: It's the death of a character.

jrsgalaxy

[19]May 27, 2010
    • level: 14
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Wow I love Farscape and even I don't remember who died in the PKW. But then again I watched it when it premiered so probably just don't remember. That was like 5 years ago though.I know Zaan left by the end of season three and who is totally gorgeous in real life by the way. Damn it. I can't remember who died. Was it Chianna, or D'Argo. What about Aeryn or John. Could it have been Rygel.

Jacks_Son

[20]May 28, 2010

jrsgalaxy wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Wow I love Farscape and even I don't remember who died in the PKW. But then again I watched it when it premiered so probably just don't remember. That was like 5 years ago though.I know Zaan left by the end of season three and who is totally gorgeous in real life by the way. Damn it. I can't remember who died. Was it Chianna, or D'Argo. What about Aeryn or John. Could it have been Rygel.

Wow, nice fishing there.