Farscape

Nerve (1)

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Jan 07, 2000 on Syfy

• Love this episode.

Aeryn is dying, and John decides to become a Peacekeeper once again in order to save her. For me, the sweetest moment of this episode was when Chiana lied Gilina that John loves her, and not Aeryn. Although, every scene with Chiana in it is great, caracter and actress are both perfect. D'Argo is also very kind, he helps Aeryn, but don't want her to know - he wouldn't want to hurt her pride. Even though she knows it, Aeryn lets him keep her alive, and connect her to Moya. Scorpius is shown up first in this episode... He is the greatest villain in the show.
    In the end, Moya will make their roles in saving John even harder... But, long live babies !
  • Everyone got some nerve

Once again, a fantastically well written and acted episode of a superb show called Farscape.

In this episode, hey continued Aeryn’s storyline about being stabbed in ‘A Bug’s Life’. Now she’s ill and going to die any minute now. John wants to save her and the only way is by bringing a donor thingy that will cure her again.

John leaves with Chiana to the peacekeeper sector in the neighbourhood. Once again they act to be peacekeepers.

In this episode we also meet two new characters, Scorpius and Stark. We also see two known ones back, Crais and Gillian.

John and Chiana are almost caught plenty of times but saved by Gillian. She still has obvious feelings for John but he doesn’t have them back, he has already fallen inlove with Aeryn.

Meanwhile there is someone there, Scorpius who sensed that John isn’t a peacekeeper.
    He arrests him and puts him on a chair, then he and a machine go into John’s mind, but something is blocking. They do find about the alien in ’A Human Reaction’ that gave him hints on how to make a wormhole and eventually took him where he is.

But the machine can’t go back to earth. They also see the captain Crais that wants to kill John so they decide to call him.

When John is put in a prison he meets Stark, he is also used on the chair and is completely nuts.

Meanwhile Chiana escapes with the machine to help Aeryn, and they are right on time because Aeryn was dying.

Gillian who has been helping them put the alarm and now they want to know who did it and go into John’s brains.

To be continued…

This was a very exciting and amazingly well acted episode. A great first part of a two-parter. And yet another Farscape classic.
  • Amazing acting. One of the best episodes of any show that I\'ve watched in a while.

First I must mention that the scrip is brilliant. Old characters come back and new ones are introduced. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Guess who's back? Crais and Gilina. I really didn't see that coming until it "hit" me. Another great thing about the script was the Character development it had. Not only for one character but for all and also the development of their relationship with each other. We had the chance to see Chiana more like a member of the team and not like an "outsider".
    As Aeryn was dying we could see how much Ka D'Argo cared about her. I also loved the effort John made to save her.
    Great acting from all the actors but I must mention Claudia Black and Ben Browder. Claudia had to "pretend" she was dying and she really made it real. You could almost fell her pain. Ben had to be tortured. John was in the chair having in brain "read" and making an "experience" like that seem real has to be difficult but Ben made it. He even drooled and seemed really in pain. That's why I say that this is one of the best episodes of any tv series that I have seem in a while.
PIVOT