Fate/Stay Night Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2006)

What does Fate/Stay night means?

Roman1979

[1]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    I know it sounds stupid and I know English well, but can anyone smart explain the meaning of the name of that show. I watch it all and saw some fate and stay nights as well but how do they bound together? Simply, why this show is called as it is?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AznHalfBloodz

[2]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 17
    i can honestly say i really dont know.

colormyworld

[3]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 11
    I'm not sure either, I was wondering about that! Perhaps it means the fate of the world is darkness? Our fate is to forever stay night? That's really depressing, I know, but all I can think of >.0 I wish I knew!

kusanagis

[4]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 1
    This is just my thought not really that good. But maybe since this is anime about how the Servant life is chosen by if they fight and win battles. If they win they have another day to live and maybe fate just mean that every life has an goal or a death dunno this is just my thinking.

Master_M2K

[5]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 58

kusanagis wrote:
    This is just my thought not really that good. But maybe since this is anime about how the Servant life is chosen by if they fight and win battles. If they win they have another day to live and maybe fate just mean that every life has an goal or a death dunno this is just my thinking.

What you said didn't make any sense and one thing you have to keep into account is that this anime was originally a H-game. ^_^

AznHalfBloodz

[6]Aug 12, 2007
    Master_M2K wrote:

kusanagis wrote:

What you said didn't make any sense and one thing you have to keep into account is that this anime was originally a H-game. ^_^

OOOOOH! so you like H-games? i didnt know that. ;D i have the game on my notebook..but havnt played it in a long time. i had to have a friend translate it for me..it was very tedious. i would right down all the japanese and bring it to him and he would read it to me haha. im not in H though. im just a fan of F/SN.

Master_M2K

[7]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 58
    AznHalfBloodz wrote:
    Master_M2K wrote:

OOOOOH! so you like H-games? i didnt know that. ;D i have the game on my notebook..but havnt played it in a long time. i had to have a friend translate it for me..it was very tedious. i would right down all the japanese and bring it to him and he would read it to me haha. im not in H though. im just a fan of F/SN.

Well I know a lot of H games but I've never played a single one, because I can't be bothered and my Japanese isn't good enough to translate what's in it. Well I currently have the Tsukihime H game on my download list but there are other anime that are much higher priority, like Kanon (2006). ^_^

kusanagis

[8]Aug 12, 2007
    Yes I know the game startled out as an visual novel/hentai but the game story wasn't tottaly about hentai..

AznHalfBloodz

[9]Aug 12, 2007
    kusanagis wrote:
    Yes I know the game startled out as an visual novel/hentai but the game story wasn't tottaly about hentai..

i know that. this is why i got the game.

kusanagis

[10]Aug 17, 2007
    Are you playing it or did you got bored?

AznHalfBloodz

[11]Aug 17, 2007
    kusanagis wrote:
    Are you playing it or did you got bored?

ive already finished it a ways back.

Priest-Ohm

[12]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 15
    Roman1979 wrote:
    I know it sounds stupid and I know English well, but can anyone smart explain the meaning of the name of that show. I watch it all and saw some fate and stay nights as well but how do they bound together? Simply, why this show is called as it is?

Like said before, Fate/Stay Night comes from a game. There are also 3 different stories. Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and Fate/Zero, although the only one made into an anime was Fate/Stay Night.

Roman1979

[13]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    Well i guess fate is a fate and you cannot run away from it. It was nice to know what others have at least some idea why show called as it is. Thanks for the effort and i am definetly will be looking forward to playing those games, if I can get hold of them.

sandy1202202

[14]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 6

Roman1979 wrote:

I think that means the holy grail war is meant to happen so that is Fate.Then...the fate begins at night?I guess so.In addition,I heard other gossipy information about the tittle,many fans joke Fate/Stay Night means "Fate(a human's name),please Stay with me at Night."