Father Dowling Mysteries

ABC (ended 1991)

Father Dowling Mysteries Fan Reviews (2)

7.9
  • A better-than-average amateur sleuth show, that rivaled "Murder, She Wrote" and "Diagnosis: Murder"

"Father Dowling" had all the ingredients for a successful, light-hearted mystery. An amiable sleuth, good mysteries and a neat hook. In this case, the detective was a priest who stumbled into crimes in and out of his parish. It helped that veteran actor (and former "Murder, She Wrote" sheriff) Tom Bosley was perfectly cast as Father Dowling. It's a shame this show was (by Bosley's admission) prematurely cancelled by ABC. It could have had a run to rival some of its similar shows in the genre. One idea - there was a point where several older TV detectives guested on "Diagnosis Murder." Too bad Father Frank Dowling could not have made an appearance to solve a case or two with Mark Sloan!
  • Tom Bosley is the Man!

Eversince I saw Father Dowling Mysteries from its pilot episode, I instantly became a bug Tom Bosley fan! He has the great acting ability and always provide the attitude and self-esteem to this personality. Ms. Tracy Nelson is the same as well; she's been classified at the most promising breakthrough actress during that time. Her best character involves of having a laidback nature, and it was nice to witness that she really blossomed in episode by episode. Each episode from this TV series is profited by great music, incredible plots, and best storylines. I bought a DVD Copy of this show which I purchased from DVDBOOTH .com. I'm pretty happy that this company delivered me the kind of quality that I'm looking for. This is one of the best purchases I have from an online store. It's nice to relive again those good old days!