Father Knows Best Forums

CBS (ended 1960)

Father Knows Best

rikisue

[1]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    I wish that FKB would come out on dvd or be shown on tv. It was such a great family feel good show and a whole generation is missing out on it. It was well written show that has become a classic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

awerlwas

[2]Apr 11, 2006
    • level: 36
    I agree with you. It would be nice. It is hard to do the guide without actually copies of the episodes for recap. I have a few video taped from long ago. ann

tvshowfan

[3]May 4, 2006
    • level: 1

I'd like to see it again too.

LilsZoo

[4]May 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    Me, too.  I loved FKB and wish it would come out on DVD.  You can cast a vote for your favorite shows on a website (tvshowsondvd.com) and hopefully when the final talley comes in they will have to pay attention and put it out on DVD.  Long live Father Knows Best!!!

1950sTVFan

[5]May 27, 2006
    I wholeheartedly agree with all of you. Father Knows Best should definitely be released on DVD! The fact that it has never been released on any medium guarantees a ready audience of purchasers. Outside of "I Love Lucy" and "Leave It To Beaver", it is probably the next most fondly remembered TV sitcom of the 1950's.

Secondly, the syndicated episodes (which is what we have all seen in reruns) all have at least 3 or more minutes cut out of each episode. I have seen the original version of one episode, "Kathy Makes Magic" and there is at least 3 minutes cut out of the very beginning of the episode.

Hopefully, Sony will one day see the light and release the complete versions of FKB on DVD.

tvking1

[6]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 42

I'd also like to see a DVD release, and can't believe there hasn't been one yet. It was a family sitcom classic. Hopefully a DVD release will include good special features, like background info, and maybe some episodes of the radio series.

Why is this the first post to this forum this year? Where are you, FKB fans?

mike3959

[7]Sep 6, 2007
    There is a collection of Father Knows Best on DVD--all 205 episodes.  Go to www.dvdcollections.tv.  They are selling it for around $80.00.  I want to buy it, but need to find out about the quality of the transfers first before I do.  Does anybody know?

circa_1948

[8]Jun 16, 2008

the dvds are done for season 1 (april 1, 2008 release) and Season 2 (Nov 2008 release).

These are by shout factory, excellent in my opinion. I have the 4 disc season 1 and love it.