Father of the Pride

NBC (ended 2004)

Father of the Pride Fan Reviews (37)

• Two things killed Father of the Pride. The channel and the price. The humor and the production quality was, and still is, top notch.

Father of the Pride was one of those shows that was simply destined to die. Not because of production quality. Dear lord I just about died on some of the jokes on the show (Not kidding. I was coughing I laughed so hard on the last scene of "The Siegfried And Roy Fantasy Experience Movie") and the animation, for the time, was first rate. No first off it was on NBC....The family station. It catered to the wrong crowd. Simply put America still doesn't get that animation does not automatically equal family friendly. This show is easily in the vein of Family Guy and South Park...if not worse, or better depending on your point of view. No If this had been on the cartoon network this would have been an entirely different ballgame.
    Second was price. At 1.6 million per episode and something like 9 months to develop an episode it simply was too much. Now in 2008 I'm willing to bet the price would be much more reasonable. But at the time.....the price killed the show.
    But again, the humor while very much adult in a wink wink nudge nudge way that any child would NEVER get, was blindingly hilarious. Quote "OK ladies. Its time to love our special flowers. Everyone, take out your hand mirrors" *Larry dives through the plate glass window in horror.* I spent 20 minutes laughing as I slid off the couch onto the floor.