FCW Wrestling Forums

Saturday 6:00 PM on Between Seasons

WWE releases talent from FCW

pitbull3

[1]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 41

Add developmental wrestler Kafu to the list of those let go by World Wrestling Entertainment this past week. Kafu, whose real name is Victor Ceron, was originally trained by All Pro Wrestling in California and signed to a contract in January 2008.

http://wzronline.com/2009/06/06/yet-another-wwe-release-revealed-wwe-supershow-more/

WWE has released developmental talent Jon Cutler. Cutler wrestled as "Prime Cut" Jon Cutler in developmental. He has been under contract since 2008. Cutler joins Maverick Darsow and Lupe Santiago as recently released WWE developmental talents.

As reported earlier, World Wrestling Entertainment has parted ways with Dakota "Maverick" Darsow (son of former WWE wrestler Barry "Demolition Smash" Darsow), Lupe Santiago (tall, Hispanic bodybuilder looking wrestler) and "Prime Cut" Jon Cutler (Winnipeg native signed last year). All three individuals were informed of their termination from the company by WWE Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis prior to last night's Florida Championship Wrestling television taping in Tampa. In an update, the word is that one of the wrestlers was let go as a result of a Wellness Policy violation, reports The Sun. The wrestler in question was set to be suspended, but Laurinaitis decided to let him go altogether. Additional details are still being investigated. Furthermore, more releases are expected to be confirmed, so stay tuned.

If any more are announced post it in here, If I dont see it

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrking

[2]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    I'm sad to see Kafu go.

pitbull3

[3]Jun 25, 2009

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (F4WOnline.com)

Amidst the talent purge of developmental two Thursdays ago, World Wrestling Entertainment also released Matt Walsh, otherwise known as Joseph Canterbury in Florida Championship Wrestling. Walsh confirmed the company's decision to let him go in a blog post on his MySpace account last Friday. His MySpace.com page is at http://www.myspace.com/mattwalshonline Walsh wrote: "If you didnt hear… I was released by WWE last week. This has been the biggest and most rewarding experience in my life. Although I will no longer be under contract I plan to continue my training and work on the things I need to so I can be a better and more rounded athlete to hopefully return in the future. Thanks to everyone in the WWE FCW and everyone who supported me!" If you recall, Walsh is the model/bodybuilder WWE signed following a talent evaluation camp at Florida Championship Wrestling headquarters last fall. You can see several photos of Matt Walsh by clicking here. Following the camp, Walsh continued honing his wresting skills. He would make his television debut on Florida Championship Wrestling in April, losing to Sheamus O'Shaunessy. Under the name Agent J, he soon joined Abraham Washington's camp as part of "The Presidential Security." John Laurinaitis, WWE's Executive Vice President, Talent Relations, was in Florida for the weekly Florida Championship Wrestling television tapings when he made the roster cuts. Other developmental talent let go that fateful Thursday include Lupe Viscara, Kafu, Jon Cutler and Dakota "Maverick" Darsow. It is believed that at least two of the cuts were related to Wellness Policy violations, although they were not publicly announced.

pitbull3

[4]Sep 13, 2009
    WWE released a few developmental wrestlers over the weekend including Fletcher Chase (Jason Garrison), Troy Jackman (Ian Richardson) and Aiden Frost (Jason Riggs).
    Garrison was signed late last year following John Laurinaitis' visit to Ohio Valley Wrestling. Under the name Fletcher Chase, Garrison played a "book smart" heel. His speaking skills were said to be more advanced than his in-ring work.

Richardson is a former football player who was never able to project a distinct personality in Florida Championship Wrestling.

In Riggs' case, not too many wrestlers get second chances in developmental. He was released in the fall of 2006 but managed to get a second opportunity with the company following a successful tryout at FCW. Unfortunately, he came up short in reaching his dream again. As a result, he has announced his retirement from the industry. His MySpace page currently reads: "I officially retire from sports entertainment."

In addition to the aforementioned three, sources say a few more cuts in developmental were made. Some names are circulating, but they have yet to be confirmed as accurate.

From Wrestlinginc

mrking

[5]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    I know two more on that list of releases. You will find out in a few days who the other two are.

PitBull can you re e-mail my Myspace account. I have now informed my admin
    Edited on 09/14/2009 5:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.