Fear Itself

Family Man

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 19, 2008 on NBC

• The twist at the end saved this episode.

6.4
    I was not impressed by this episode. It started off decently, I suppose. The car crash really made me jump. It caught me by surprise. But the episode absolutely dragged after that. Okay, these guys have switched bodies. This premise is not original at all but I'm okay with remakes and copycats, as long as they're well done. Most of this episode was basically the bad guy taunting the good guy, who was stuck behind bars. It really felt like nothing happened. This episode could have been compressed into a half hour; that's how uneventful the episode was.

It bothered me that these guys switched bodies and Dennis suddenly spoke differently. Even if he switched into the other guy's body, shouldn't he have spoken with the same accent and used the same language? I'm not sure how the criminal spoke before (but I can guess), but he definitely didn't have an issue imitating Dennis' way of speaking. This just wasn't very believable to me.

There was not one scary moment in the entire episode. Not one. It seems that the guest directors don't realize that the name of this show is "Fear Itself". Why promote a show as scary, even give it a title that exemplifies the word "scary", if it's not going to be scary?

I know that some may think I am being harsh but this show has been a tremendous disappointment. I've continued watching because I know that different people have worked on different episodes. But it's just not worth it.

I will be watching next week simply because I'm a huge fan of James Roday. Psych is my favorite show. John Landis will direct and I hope he can save this show. So far, I am far from impressed by the episodes.