Fear Itself Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

I'm predicting this show as will become a fan/cult favorite like Supernatural

LoomisFDP

[1]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 2
    Most shows in this genre are not usually that big in the ratings but will thing that is true is it either does or does not have the most loyal and devoted fans you will ever meet. I predict that these show will have a fan big fan base just like Supernatural. I can tell you after the Piliot episode I am a fan for life I just found my 4th Diehard fan show. I am predicting that this show will have a huge fan base. They may not mean it will get a second season but this is one of those show's i can tell that will attract people to it. It has that appeal to it. Tell me what you think i think it will suceed if Nbc gives it a chance. If it does do good though where will the second season go is the question. Only time will tell.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Brokenwingsx88

[2]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    Supernatural has reoccurring characters for fans to follow though. This show is going to be a collection of individual stories. Not saying it can't acquire it's own die hard fan base, but it's a bit different than a show like Supernatural.

There's no one character to tune in for, no couples to root for. Hopefully horror fans will still back it up.

danharr

[3]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 45
    I have my doubts especially being on nbc at the most it'll pull in enough rating for 2-3 seasons during the summer at least that's my hope.
    Edited on 06/07/2008 8:41pm

puretoomas

[4]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    Brokenwingsx88 wrote:
    Supernatural has reoccurring characters for fans to follow though. This show is going to be a collection of individual stories. Not saying it can't acquire it's own die hard fan base, but it's a bit different than a show like Supernatural.

There's no one character to tune in for, no couples to root for. Hopefully horror fans will still back it up.

At least it's original that way, at least i think it's original

Dobyrider

[5]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 9

Brokenwingsx88 wrote:
    Supernatural has reoccurring characters for fans to follow though. This show is going to be a collection of individual stories. Not saying it can't acquire it's own die hard fan base, but it's a bit different than a show like Supernatural. There's no one character to tune in for, no couples to root for. Hopefully horror fans will still back it up.

I completely agree with Brokenwings. I'm a die hard fan of Supernatural and I get the feeling I'm going to like Fear itself but I don't think there's anyway you can compare the two. They're totally different. This doesn't take anything away from the fact that Fear Itself probably will develop it's own strong fanbase, it's just that it will be for entirely different reasons than why Supernatural has built up it's fanbase.

Hopefully the viewers who do like it will keep watching and spread the word as much as possible, but like danharr I can see it going maybe 2 or 3 seasons.

kdtfiles

[6]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    I'll give it a couple more weeks before I decide if I'll keep watching. The first ep was just good enough to keep me coming back for this week's ep.

haldrey

[7]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 22
    That is what I like best. Nothing to get tired of

NativitylnBlack

[8]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    "Horror fans" wil probably be the last to watch this crappy show

farscapefanuk

[9]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 32
    I'm not so sure about this becoming a cult favourite come on Masters of Horror never really did? And also unless the ratings buckle up a bit we will be saying goodbye to this show very soon unfortunatly.

addict666

[10]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 45
    this show will never be like supernatural, it is bad and will probably be canceled soon, it is some of the worst televison i have seen in a while and i like bad television

quantumnexus

[11]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    It's possible but I wouldn't predict it.

monti1023

[12]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'm a horror fan and a HUGE Supernatural fan and I was looking forward to another "horror" show. I liked the first ep but it has gone downhill for me since then. I disliked last weeks ep so much that I'm not even going to bother to watch this show again.

subpardaemon

[13]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    and i'm predicting this show will run out, all the episodes of this season are shown, then quietly cancelled. an anthology show can never have such a dedicated, rabid fan-base as a regular show. also, supernatural has well-thought-out, engaging, funny, witty characters, major storylines with big payoffs, and a great mythology. fear itself is a network horror show, which means that true gore or really grotesque stories are probably a no-go, nothing hardcore, and while a great director and a great writer can create lasting, haunting or morbidly funny pieces, FI, just as MoH (the same branch of people) was seldom home for truly outstanding directors and stories. yes, occasionally brilliant, but usually much more mediocre or even straight-out crap.

36th_Phantom

[14]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 9
    in all fairness Supernatural isn't of "cult" status it has a more higher fan base than that. I remember when it was advertised as "sexy" and all that and now it is huge.