Official Episode Discussion: "Family Man"

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 45
    This weeks episode hoping for the best
    Edited on 06/19/2008 6:33am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bloodbath_87

[2]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    First episode that i've seen, it's awesome so far.

Vandelay2K

[3]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    Really good so far. The best of the three episodes.

Love Daniel Knauf's writing!

danharr

[4]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 45
    Now this one was good should've been the pilot congrats to anyone who saw this as their first viewing of the show. Leave it to the guy who made the great Carnivale series to give us our first truely good episode. Now I need to go back and find out who directed those clunkers we've been watching for the first two weeks. Even the by now cliched sad ending was done well guess it's the writer that'll determine how things go each week.

ShumaGorath666

[5]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    Was excellent...until the ending. Just horrible. Was hoping for a real showdown but the same thing that ruined last week's episode happened. Please, no more third-person shooters!

Seahawk18

[6]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    I really loved this episode, I think its the best out of the three so far

ejwlover

[7]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    Very good Episode!!!

Steve-Ooooo

[8]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    I think the build up was fine, but it was not particularly well written. They kind of gave the killer mystical super powers in the beginning, but then dropped it really fast (what the first officer said in the cell and then when he hit him with a nightstick and he didn't even flinch). I think it would have been cool if this guy now had an amazing body but could not have his family or something...but they dropped it really fast.

The ending was bad too. It was fairly clear that the family was going to be gone (because the killer had pushed them away) or dead. The way the story ends up is basically the world taking a collapse dump on this one guy for no reason, not really scary but just depressing for that one guy.

Chingtothay

[9]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    I enjoyed this one quite a bit actually. Colin Ferguson played his part really well, not all that much happened during the episode yet his acting intrigued me enough to stay interested. The ending was a killer too! (GET IT! it's a pun guys, you'll appreciate it i'm sure)

Vampgirl13

[10]Jun 20, 2008
    I didn't really like this episode as much as the other two episodes. For the most part the acting was good but I just didn't like the way it ended and the way the guard acted to the serial killer it seemed almost like he was faking the emotions. In my opinion the guy who played the guard isn't a very good actor. I don't know the guard just annoyed me. Other than that the acting was good and the plot was good. There just wasn't as much action as I hoped there would be. The end fight scene was awesome. Yet again it was kinda predictable, I kinda figured he would kill the family. In my opinion it was a decent episode but so far I think the best episode was the first episode.

Loft

[11]Jun 20, 2008
    Good story and a good ending. I just missed a bit more suspense...

averysays

[12]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    Three bad episodes in a row!

NativitylnBlack

[13]Jun 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    Bleh, mediocre, best so, far, but that's like beating 2 quadruple amputees at basketball

siddy_2005

[14]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    I liked this episode. It had a good storyline, and I found it the best out of the current 3 so far. HOWEVER, it really wasn't scary. Just more suspense/thriller or something but definitely not horror.

Next weeks episode on the other hand looks like a classic. Especially with the cast lol. I'm really hoping next weeks episode keeps me at the edge of my seat and jumping every now and then. From the previews, it seems that way

iluvjkras

[15]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think it's the most depressing so far. He didn't really deserve it. In the ones before, they had it coming.
    Edited on 06/22/2008 12:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ContinuumVortex

[16]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 15
    did not like this episode enjoyed the previous 2 as those guys were bad deep down so deserved a bad ending i'm all for the no one gets out endings that made things like creepshow cult classics but this guy didnt do nothing wrong he shouldnt have had his wife and son murdered then blamed on him a drastic drop for me hope the next improves on this

Chingtothay

[17]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 18

ContinuumVortex wrote:
    did not like this episode enjoyed the previous 2 as those guys were bad deep down so deserved a bad ending i'm all for the no one gets out endings that made things like creepshow cult classics but this guy didnt do nothing wrong he shouldnt have had his wife and son murdered then blamed on him a drastic drop for me hope the next improves on this

So because he was a good guy and didn't deserve what happened to him, this is a bad episode? Personally i think that it makes the ending a lot stronger. I can't really see a 'happy' ending suiting this story at all, he swapped bodies back and his family was safe...that doesn't sound like an ending to a horror story for me, i'm more content with the direction they went with.

puddleglum5999

[18]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 6

iluvjkras wrote:
    I think it's the most depressing so far. He didn't really deserve it. In the ones before, they had it coming.

Agreed. If you're going to let something that bad happen to the main character, he'd better deserve it. In the last three minutes, I went from really liking this episode to really hating it. And I'm sorry, NOTHING justifies killing and/or traumatizing a kid in any kind of movie, horror or otherwise. NOTHING. I'll keep watching, but I don't care to ever see this particular episode again.

ScorpionX3

[19]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    I don't see why everyone liked this one so much. Ever see the movie Face/Off? It's the exact same plot. But Face/Off actually has fantastic action while this one was just a bore til the end, and then the ending fight scene was awful. The ending was the one thing that saved the episode.

orangemann327

[20]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 23
    This was by far my favorite episode. The ending was cliche and predictable, but that's exactly what I was hoping for. I bet it was fun for the guys who played the dad and killer being able to portray two different characters in one episode.