NBC (ended 2008)

Official Episode Discussion: "In Sickness and in Health"

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 45
    This weeks episode please discuss here
    Edited on 06/26/2008 1:06am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvrev

[2]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    does anyone find it amusing that both the actor and actress are from tv show Psych and they are getting married on different show

milkhaswings

[3]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 13
    It is quite amusing. ^^ It'll also be interesting to see James Roday do a more serious role.

Unless he's one of those comedic serial killers.
    I wouldn't mind that though.

Seahawk18

[4]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 16
    I am really looking forward to this week's episode I love Psych

SpriteWolf

[5]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 12
    THAT MAKES NO FREAKING SENSE! (spoiler) If she was the killer the whole time, then why was she freaking out about the note? And her brother and all those bodies, what was with that? Are they a killing team? I don't get it! >

Dr_LaTino

[6]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 14
    I thought that was episode was great. There are some things I didn't get at the end, though. I guess it's because I wasn't paying full attention during the beginning? Anyone mind explaining...

jayman2310

[7]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 1
    Watched it, paid full attention, was fully enjoying the episode. I was excited and anticipating the twist, until the ending made no sense to me at all. Her brother is a killer, but she has no idea of this fact. Was he knocking at her wedding to make her afraid of her husband? Why does she say the note was meant for him since she is the serial killer? If she is the killer, she would not have been afraid of the note the whole time. Hopefully someone can help me make some sense of this ending. Please...

SpriteWolf

[8]Jun 26, 2008
    Maybe her and her brother, screwed up because of the death of the rest of their family, worked together killing people. When she decided to get married, her unstable brother wanted to put a stop to the wedding so that she wouldn't leave him. The reason she freaked over the note could either be because she was worried someone knew her secret or that, deep down, when it came to facing another killer, she didn't think she could handle it. That, or she has a split personality. *shrugs*

jayman2310

[9]Jun 26, 2008
    All good ideas and possibilities. I liked the episode and the story, but they did not spend enough time wrapping it up because I'm left confused, and in the end that kind of ruins the good episode they had...Still unsure of the 100% meaning of the ending.

danharr

[10]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 45
    Let me first say I enjoyed the episode the suspense was great and for once they did something different with the ending. As to the ending yes the bro and sis were a serial killer team and had a somewhat incestuous relationship. If not physically then mentally with each other and the note was the attempt of the brother to get his sister back on board. As to why she was scared of the note serial killers aren't supermen. It's one thing when you have the power over a victim it's another when potentially one night due to the person lying next to you, you becoming a victim. She would be all by herself living with a killer albeit same as her but without her brother to back her up and that's enough to make even a nut case scared.

jayman2310

[11]Jun 26, 2008
    Sounds good, thanks for clearing it up.

r8rrara

[12]Jun 26, 2008
    This episode was TERRIBLE! The setting was for a wedding but the whole thing was just an excuse to throw cheap scares at the audience...some people call this "great suspense" but it's just lame (pounding on doors, people crashing into each other in the dark...and with the lights on, more pounding on door "Oh, loud noises!"). I mean if you really believed that this fickle, whiner of a bride was a conniving serial killer then.....wait, no....this episode still didn't make any sense

drumrulz

[13]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 3
    It seemed to me, even though I believe that the other posts are correct that her and her brother are a serial killing team. The only thing that bothers me about that though is the fact the brother is the one that dropped off the note. What would be the purpose of giving away his and her secret to him unless they planned to kill him. My theory is that the brother would keep her kills secretive and that she was the true serial killer. The brother loved his sister because it was the only family he had left and was unwilling to give her up. He hides her kills because it seems to me that, her serial killer personality is hidden in her subconscious. Which could be shown in the scene where she looks at the word serial killer and it jumps off the page, which could be her mind trying to get her realize what is happening. This could also explain the fact that her friends never realized who she was and why they thought her brother was creepy, because he was always hiding her dark side. He was trying to warn the fiance (James Roday) to run for his life. This could also explain why the brother started to shout for her, because he wanted her back and so that he knows that she didn't kill anyone. But just a theory...

r8rrara

[14]Jun 26, 2008
    Despite all that, the brother still (for no rational reason at all) brought in a roasted rat in the end..... was this just a prop-closet left over??

tvfanatic91

[15]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 44
    What about the Uncle Bob guy and how he and the priest looked at each other when Sam followed Carlos into the Church?

SpriteWolf

[16]Jun 26, 2008
    also the completely random fact that nobody know what really happened to Carlos' parents. Though I guess that was just trying to lead us in the wrong direction. Personally, I think the writers were trying too hard to make us believe Carlos was a killer with how creepy he was acting in the whole situation. If he was just worried about her finding out about the dinner, why would he act like such a psycho jerk? Snapping so easily, chasing her, locking her up, yelling at her.

SweetMissJaye

[17]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 21

I've just finished reading the preceding messages and it's good to know that I'm not the only one who was left confused. Love James Roday and Maggie Lawson and was happy to see them play different roles but HATED the story line. This episode had so much potential. I can't even describe how disappointed I am. I would say more but I just wrote a really long review about it and I'll leave it at that.

I won't be tuning into any more episodes of Fear Itself. Just not worth it. Just my opinion.

meee223

[18]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    I came on here wanting to post how disappointed and confused I was at the end of this episode and I thought I'd be the only one, but I am pleasantly surprised. It seems a lot of people were confused! Now I don't feel so bad. I had no clue at the end of this show as to what the heck went on, but after reading some of the responses here, I now may have an idea. Still, a good show wouldn't leave the viewer so confused at the end, so for me, this was a complete waste of an hour of television time. I hope future episodes are better, and more clearer for the viewer.

yooperchild

[19]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 28

I really, really didn't like the ending. I figured out about halfway through that the note was meant for Carlos and not her (they made to big of a deal about the priest not being able to hear all that well & "him" & "Sam" could sound quite a bit alike.

I didn't get why you would enter that whole story about his parents, their weird wedding day, their death and his time in an institution if you were going to use none of it really in the plot (I understand they are only working with an hour...but it was still stupid). Also, if she is a killer, why would she be that afraid of Carlos? Especially once she had the weapon? It's like she didn't get a single bit of confidence back until she really knew that the note was talking about her & not him.

I want to like this show so badly. The original "Masters of Horror" on Showtime is one of my guilty pleasures. Other than the episode last week, this show just isn't doing it for me.

Also, not surprised to look up this weeks episode & discover it was written by the writer of Jeepers, Creepers...another horror movie I hated...

NativitylnBlack

[20]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 3

Awful episode, weak acting, not the least bit spine tingly, I saw the "twist" coming a mile away.

2/10, last time I go out of my way to watch this show