Fear Itself Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

Official Episode Discussion: "New Year's Day"

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 45
    After a week long drought it's back enjoy!
    Edited on 07/16/2008 6:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Seahawk18

[2]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    I am really looking forward to this episode tonight

milkhaswings

[3]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    zombies!

Redraf

[4]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 4
    Best episode so far imo. Well done conclusion leaving you with an interesting new thought about zombie behaviour.

fignewtons6

[5]Jul 17, 2008
    all i have to say is........OH MY GOD!......i havent heard of this show before and i happened to flip to it at the beginning and i was like this sound cool and all i have to say is that i love the whole idea of the show...this episode blew my mind...im so glad i found it

danharr

[6]Jul 17, 2008
    Well for the cheap scare haters get ready to be enraged this one had plenty of them. I have to say the ending was what saved this one from a bad rating for me. The whole episode was all fluff typical horror movie stuff until the end. Loved that the girl was a zombie and seeing herself as normal it explained alot. Although the scariest thought is what would some do if they found a hot, big boobed, dead goth girl........ I was worried about old best guy friend there for a minute.

Dr_LaTino

[7]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 14
    A little boring. Some interesting parts here and there, but not really all that fun or scary.

nizzyomega

[8]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 1

Oh wow another twist how predicible. This show definately will be a one and done deal. Nothing yet has been very special. Just decent.

kgarland80

[9]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    Well, another disappointing episode. Another remake of the popular theme done as recently as with the movie The Signal" or not so long ago with Steven King's "The Cell". I expected much more from these writers but so far..... I don't think it will be back for another season.

jboze3131

[10]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    MAJOR SPOILER HERE (Hopefully, if you're checking this thread, you've seen the episode)...

Did anyone else think that ending was before the break? They cut to black, then we got the message that seemed to say stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of fear itself...

I thought that WAS the ending and the guy shot the girl who was perfectly uninfected and not a zombie. Which would have been interesting. It would have given you the impression that her supposed best friend wanted the guy so bad she lied and pretended she was a zombie, as her back was to James when he shot her. I think that might have even been a better ending. Anyone else get fooled into thinking that when they saw this?

The main girl looked like a young Rashida Jones, no?

Drewskixc

[11]Jul 18, 2008

The twist to this one was definitely different. I've watched this show from the beginning and special twists are expected now, so I was trying to guess at what this episode's twist would be. I actually thought the perfect one would be that their "New Years" Party would be the 2009 party, which would've been scary in a way, but I really loved the twist they had instead. It almost reminded me of "Land of the Dead" where the guy says he "wants to see how the other side lives" and chooses to live as a zombie instead of getting killed.

Best episode yet in my opinion.

arsilverangel

[12]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Anyone know the song's during the party at around 18 and 36 minutes?

MacCybex

[13]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    The episode was good and kind of reminded me the movie called "The Signal" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780607/).
    Edited on 07/18/2008 3:04am
    Edited 5 total times.

encmetalhead

[14]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    i'm confused at one part...how did she and the little boy become teenagers?

aktarian

[15]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 5

Awesome episode. Episodes like this one make me hope that this show will improve after all and that few early crapppy episodes were just flukes. The ending was somewhat predictable but not completly.

I was planning to give up on this show but now I'm glad I didn't. Just hope it stays this way.

frederik06

[16]Jul 18, 2008

really really liked this one. you could definitely see it is darren lynn's work though (which is a good thing), and which reminded me sometimes of the SAW franchise. thought the ending was great and definitely the best episode so far. there were some moments who were kinda ..dumb/lame? but overall quite entertaining, solid story, solid acting, great ending.

8.5/10

Vampgirl13

[17]Jul 18, 2008

Loved this episode. To me it wasn't predictable at all. I didn't really figure it out till about 10 mins before it ended. I love the fact that the girl turned out to be a zombie and the part where Helen and Eddie are holding hands at the end is awesome. Makes me look at zombies in a different way. The only thing I predicted was that James was cheating on Helen with her best friend. I honestly think this is one of the better episodes. Can't wait for the next episode.

pgsuperfan

[18]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 25
    Really liked this one was really weird and strange would have made Rod Sterling proud

danharr

[19]Jul 18, 2008

encmetalhead wrote:
    i'm confused at one part...how did she and the little boy become teenagers?

wtf? If you mean zombies the girl died in her sleep after a pill overdose. The gist of the show and zombie 101 is that the super secret virus always reanimates dead flesh hence the girl who died in sleep wakes up a zombie. As to why the boy was a zombie to begin with that wasn't revealed from what I could see.

ScorpionX3

[20]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    It was best than the two previous episodes, but that doesn't say much about it.

I liked the acting, except from the two old people, both seemed forced. Also at least one barwoman looked directly into the camera during the party... But from the main cast it was all good.

The story overall was really predictable, but then it didn't make sense... It would make sense if she was just a zombie, but with all the footage of her being a zombie in the scenes we saw, does that make what we saw a lie? a dream? I didn't get it...

Also it wasn't scary at all, the whole let's make millions of cuts during a scene so that it looks scary doesn't work.

I'm gonna watch all the other episodes of the show because I like horror shows, but I'm still waiting for an an over-the-top episode.