Fear Itself Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

So where the hell is the new episodes NBC!

michaelhanergod

[1]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    The olympics are over. So where are the new episodes freakin NBC!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BillieBJones

[2]Aug 28, 2008

I believe they dropped it.

I've checked the TVGuide, The Futon Critic, BuddyTV, NBC Press Realease and Listings, and Official Fear Itself site, and found NOTHING, it's like thes series does not exist anymore to them.

On the Official Fear Itself Board though i found this post about main fall premiere dates, and there's seems to be no place for Fear Itself on their timeslot.

Copy/Paste from the board:

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
    "My Name Is Earl" -- one-hour premiere (8-9 p.m.)
    "The Office" -- one-hour premiere (9-10 p.m.)
    "ER" (10-11 p.m.)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30
    "30 Rock" -- (9:30-10 p.m.)

So much for Fear Itself it seems.

cleo_4_a

[3]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    This is stupid, I really hope you're wrong, I'll hate for such a good series to get dropped....we need smth new and fresh like Fear Itself.....

Seahawk18

[4]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 16
    Wow that really sucks if they dropped it. A werewolf episode was coming on!!!!

mojomoonjo

[5]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 4

I'm curious..did any of those that visited the nbc site ever bother to drop them a line and ask them what the status is?

Maybe going straight to the source could yield some answers....

Rahsten

[6]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    Usually when something is dropped by a Network and announcement is made...somewhere. I can find nothing. So being an optimist I think they'll air the last episodes. If not on TV then through the website I'd think. At that same time we would probably hear that it has or has not been dropped.

But, yeah...someone should ask the bigwigs at NBC.

staceyb72

[7]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 2

TV Guide's MattRoush on Fear Itself:

Question: Can you please tell me if NBC'S Fear Itself has been cancelled, or if the remaining episodes will be shown at a later date. - Greg

Matt Roush: The horror anthology hasn't been canceled but it certainly hasn't been renewed (and I'd think that unlikely). As for the remaining five episodes that were filmed but not aired, it's possible that they'll still be shown, but no word yet when or where. This is the kind of show that could very easily be dropped into the schedule if a hole opens up, but it's also quite clearly the kind of show that can just vanish without a trace.

That is the closest I've come to finding any answers anywhere!

justinwestnet

[8]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 17
    It's not back next week and with the seasons of regular shows starting soon, it's probably not back. What happened was it vanished for basically a month due to the olympics and the political conventions. Why try to salvage it?

BillieBJones

[9]Sep 8, 2008

I stick to the idea that they dropped it (Matt Roush's reinforces that theory).

It wouldn't be the first time they do that (and certainly it 'won't be the last). Bad the less that it was not a continuing story, but stand-alone episodes. That way it won't leave the viewers wondering, like those who watched "Threshold, "The 4400", and so many other series which simply disappeared.

It was not my favorite show, but it just pisses me off when Networks do that, because, i have said this before, it's a total lack of respect to the viewers (whether they love the series or not), mainly, it's a lack of respect and consideration to the show's crew. That's someone's actual work they are ditching!! The least they could do is air what has already been finished.I understand this is business, but to everything there is a limit, enough is enough.

I'm sorry about all this, but i just hate that, seriously. It's like Networks CEO's are mighty Pharaoh's and the tv crew is their slave. They're only there to please and serve the master. And they're only useful as long as they allow the master to profit heavily over their work. And so are we, it seems.

I'm not up to all the things the writers demanded during the strike (besides salary raise), but i am one of those whose opinion states that there should be a big clause about their creative rights and broadcasting what has been done.

gold167

[10]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    Another good show cancelled/not renewed just left limbo
    Bring on the DVD set

SkulleryMaid

[11]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    Even if the series came back after the Olympics, there's no way they'd make it through all 13 episodes... since they're already made i'm expecting a Halloween DVD set.

Ilovthevu

[12]Sep 15, 2008
    They could put it on sometime during October, or what would make sense is when all the stuff is in reruns in December, and January. Or it could be to fill in a show that's a flop. They still have it on the website. http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Itself/recaps/#cat=1&mea=110&ima=48304 It's just not a "current show".

flwr1993

[13]Sep 27, 2008
    we loved this show and the first episode was the best. I hope it comes back

KChameleon

[14]Oct 25, 2008
    Why aren't they at least putting the last episodes on for Hallowe'en? It makes perfect sense!!

I do seriously wish that they'd keep it going for another season, too!

36th_Phantom

[15]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    my guess is we will all have to wait fot the boxset to see the last episodes!

ThWorldGreatest

[16]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 1
    BillieBJones wrote:

I stick to the idea that they dropped it (Matt Roush's reinforces that theory).

It wouldn't be the first time they do that (and certainly it 'won't be the last). Bad the less that it was not a continuing story, but stand-alone episodes. That way it won't leave the viewers wondering, like those who watched "Threshold, "The 4400", and so many other series which simply disappeared.

It was not my favorite show, but it just pisses me off when Networks do that, because, i have said this before, it's a total lack of respect to the viewers (whether they love the series or not), mainly, it's a lack of respect and consideration to the show's crew. That's someone's actual work they are ditching!! The least they could do is air what has already been finished.I understand this is business, but to everything there is a limit, enough is enough.

I'm sorry about all this, but i just hate that, seriously. It's like Networks CEO's are mighty Pharaoh's and the tv crew is their slave. They're only there to please and serve the master. And they're only useful as long as they allow the master to profit heavily over their work. And so are we, it seems.

I'm not up to all the things the writers demanded during the strike (besides salary raise), but i am one of those whose opinion states that there should be a big clause about their creative rights and broadcasting what has been done.

well said man.

hades200621

[17]Dec 12, 2008
    dunno how or why but here in Israel I just saw episodes 10-13 (total of 8 episodes already) when each day 2 episodes shown im sure by the name and the plot that those were the new episodes you are talking about...

Episodes saw already:

1-1 The Sacrifice
    1-5 Eater
    1-6 New Year's Day
    1-8 Skin & Bones
    1-10 Chance
    1-11 The Spirit Box
    1-12 Echoes 1-13 The Circle

most favorite I have to say were "Eater" and "The Circle"...