Fear Itself

In Sickness and in Health

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 26, 2008 on NBC

• I expected a much better episode than what we got here.

I had sort of high hopes for this episode especially after last week's awesome episode (and to me best of the series thus far with Colin Ferguson) plus with a cast of Maggie Lawson and James Roday from the USA network show Psych I was excited. However this episode was a big let down. It didn't seem to go anywhere and when it tried to it just seem to brake down around itself. As my dad described the episode it was like watching a dog chase his tail around the rug for an hour. The episode kept going around in circles. The acting of Maggie Lawson and James Roday was good for the most part I thought they were just handed a bad script. I expected a little more from the writers! I really thought it was dumb that once again they relied on cheap scares such as pounding on doors, lights turning off and "things going bump in the night" (the vase falling and breaking for instance). I really hope they don't consider that crap horror I mean that's just bottom of the barrel stuff right there.

However to me the ending did make some sense. Her brother who loved her very much (crossing the insect line there) wanted her back and never wanted her to leave. To me it seemed like the two of them were this serial killer brother and sister team with incest ties. Regardless I hope next Thursday's episode will be better and I'll keep on trucking with this show.