Fear Itself

In Sickness and in Health

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 26, 2008 on NBC

• I wanted to rate this 0.1, but it wouldn't let me. I'm watching it a 2nd time because after watching it the first time, the ending made less sense than betting your life savings on Uwe Boll winning an Oscar, and I want to know what I missed.

I like James Roday and Maggie Lawson - though I have to wonder if NBC thinks that "Fear Itself" will have a big enough audience to get people introduced to the actors from "Psych" and follow them back to their normal show, or if they think "Psych" is popular enough that using actors from that show will bring fans to "Fear Itself."

In either event, this just has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on TV. Twist ending are all well and good, but once the twist occurs, there needs to be a feeling that the story somehow led up to it and all the questions raised by the plot thus far will all click into place. Under NO circumstances should the twist make so little sense that you feel compelled to go back and rewatch it to find out what it was you missed. Whatever. I may give it one more shot, but if the next outing is *this* bad, it certainly won't last any longer than that on my DVR.

==========================================================
    --------------- **spoilers in the update** ---------------
    ==========================================================

UPDATE (10:48pm) Nope, didn't make any more sense the 2nd time around. I've gotta agree with the other posters who find it ridiculous that, if *she's* the serial killer, why would she be afraid of marrying one? You'd think she'd figure that either they'd have a *lot* of fun working together or that if she started to feel threatened by him, she could pretty easily take care of herself, eh? Yeesh! And was it really clear that she's the killer, or is it that her brother dresses up like her so that if she were ever to try and tell anyone, evidence would lead to her and not him (not that that's terribly likely to work in the real world, but obviously this episode didn't take place there, so who knows?) Maybe that's why she never reported him to anyone.

And what was the deal with the identical twin uncles, and all the hush-hushed talk about Carlos' parents? Red herrings are all well and good, but this was more like when one of the soap operas had lost one of their regular actors, so one day his character went upstairs to check on something, and he wasn't sean, heard from or spoken of again until a few years later when they hired a new guy to play him. There just needs to be *something* that those tie into, even if it turns out to be very subtle or unimportant.

What a *waste*!