Fear Itself

In Sickness and in Health

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 26, 2008 on NBC

• Almost impossible to believe a John Landis directed this, but then I remembered The Blues Brothers 2000.

4.4
    I'm truly puzzled why I stuck with this painful mess till the very end, but then, if I hadn't, I wouldn't be able to warn you away from watching it. This was the first episode I watched of this Friday night horror anthology but clearly, if they were willing to let this air with their names attached to it they aren't too concerned about the quality of their episodes. Flip over to virtually anything else and you'll be happier. Why? Oh, if you have to have reasons: extremely rushed appearance to the overall production, blocking, camera setups, acting, everything appeared as though you were watching the first or second take, characters who seemed like they might have something to do with the plot but ultimately had zero to do with anything, a hair brained "twist" ending that was tacked on and in no way made any sense, acting that wouldn't cut the mustard on even the most mundane of soap operas. I could go on, but why bother.