Fear Itself

Something With Bite

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Unknown on NBC

5.6
  • Horrible comedy epsiode with bad acting and directing

This is the worst episode of the show... I finally had the opportunity to watch this one on the DVD set to the show... this actually turned out to be a comedy episode with horrible acting and a cheap looking werewolf. You can't take this episode serious and it certainly doesn't fit into "Fear Itself". I don't know what the intention of "Something with bite" was supposed to be. It's not scary at all and you really want to stop watching within the first few minutes. A total waste of time and budget. If this episode would have aired as a pilot or a follow up episode the show would have been with low ratings very fast and cancellation happened earlier.
  • A portly veternarian begins to change after examining a strange aniimal.

This epsiode completely misses the mark. For a series that goes for the scares, it's a misguided strategy to throw in a comedic episode. The script obviously was born from too many viewings of Eddie Murphy's version of The Nutty Profressor. I did enjoy the practical werewolf effects and costume. The final full body reveal at the conclusin was impressive and it was nice to see them steer away from CGI - at least from what I can tell. If you haven't seen the series and are looking for representative episode, this is most definitely not the one to watch.