Fear Itself

Spooked

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 12, 2008 on NBC

• This episode was okay, but overall, a disappointment.

7.2
    While I was pleased that this episode had more thrilling moments than the pilot episode, the story left a lot to be desired. The episode kicked off with a bang, with Harry interrogating and assaulting the suspect. But half way through the episode, not much had happened and it was disappointing.

I was further disappointed when I learned about his childhood and how he'd killed his brother by accident. I don't understand why his father wanted to hide the accidental death. It doesn't make sense. I've unfortunately read stories like this that have actually happened, where one child shoots another by accident, and the children don't face criminal charges. I don't understand why Harry's father wanted to pretend the boy went missing instead of just letting the authorities know he'd been killed accidentally by Harry.

Another part of the episode that didn't make sense to me was the "grand finale". I understood that the woman was basically avenging the death of her brother but I totally didn't understand why the guy who worked for Harry (I just saw the episode and I can't even remember his name) came in and shot Harry. Did not make a lick of sense. Then he runs over to Harry and says it was an accident...terrible.

I don't know what I expected to happen at the end, but it certainly wasn't this mess. Anyway, to sum this up, the episode was slightly more scary than the pilot episode but didn't improve on the pilot in any other way. The story was a bit of a mess, a let down.