Fear Itself

Spooked

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 12, 2008 on NBC

• Aside from not being scary at all this was awful!

I get that these episodes need to introduce characters and plots and wrap them all up in a hour... no easy task I'll admit, but this episode didn't even have a plot worthy of 30 minutes!

I really expected that this series would be introducing some up and coming directors/writers and they would be sharing something interesting, maybe even innovated. Instead it seems that we might be in for several weeks of retreaded horror story lines.

In Spooked we are introduced to a cop that we don't really get to know, a parter/employee that is a waste of screen time and a femme fatal that is totally transparent from the beginning.

What makes things scary, Im my opinion, is the emotional connection to the characters... if you don't care about the people you don't care what happens to them... In Spooked I have to say that I didn't care about anyone!

I was rooting for a Reservoir Dogs ending where everyone died! The only thing I liked at all was the performance by Cynthia Watros... her laughing at the end was the scariest thing in the whole episode!

Next weeks episode, Family Man, was written by Dan Knauf who created the HBO series Carnivale and writes episodes of Supernatural so I am optimistic that this series will improve...