Fear Itself

Spooked

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 12, 2008 on NBC

• I hope the next episodes are better.

It was pretty bad from the start. You have a guy who apparently kidnapped a child and an unbelievable "bad" cop who's slicing at him with a friggn' knife to get information?! Not even TRYING to hide the blatant police brutality. You know, I can deal with a bad cop. I see them all the time, they're in tv shows and movies. Fine, that's okay but am I really supposed to feel sorry for the child molester (I don't know if he molested the child but the child appeared to have been abused in some way)? The whole episode had him haunted by the "accidental" death of a pedofile. They should have used a "sympathetic" bad guy like a guy who resorted to dealing drugs to feed his family. Yeah, I know it's a cliche but so is the bad cop character and this friggn' story line in general. ANY "bad guy" would have been more sympathetic than a pedofile! It just left me shrugging my shoulders like "who cares". I don't know who wrote this episode but I hope they don't let him or her write any others or this series is gonna fail miserably!