Fear

MTV - Music Television (ended 2002)

gabfan31

Fear Fan Reviews (15)

• Such a great show!

Man, I remember watching this on Sundays, it was such a interesting show. It was sort of a cross mix of Survivor and other reality shows, but this show, showed off a darker side of peoples emotions. It was really interesting watching people come into the show thinking they cannot be scared but end up quitting because they are really scared. This was a grade A show all the way around and I wish that MTV would bring it back or someone else. Or atlest make a show like this again. That is why this show gets a 10 from me.
  • i sadly never saw the episode. if anyone knows how or where i cound find it let me know..

This place also is an important spot for me. Not only is a peice of local history but my parents met at buck hill inn in the late 70s early 80s. they both worked in the kitchen and my father has told me stories that the matra-d whom he thought was crazy used to chase ghosts out of the kitchen and yell at them constantly. My mother also told me a story before the fear show was shot.. of a woman whom had been sexually assaulted at the hotel and later that same night thrown herself from the top floor. We have all snuck into that hotel at some point i myself was way to freaked out just being on the property but my friends have had very scary experiances. i dont condone trying to get on the property only because barrett township is very harsh on people who try.. its deff a place to see just the building itself is creepy to look at.
  • This show is the best in the world but i can never wathch it anymore so it stinks.

This show is going to blow you away if you watch it. it has twists and turns and the people go to hunt for money at the most haunted places in US. This show should go back on air but is isnt so it stinks. If you watch it it is way better then any show i have ever watched beause the people get so scared and it is so funny.This show is the best in the whole world if you havnt watched it you better because it is th best. If i could i would watch this show al night long.
  • Because they are a genius!

Real life horror - it doesn't get much beter than that.

Anybody who loves to be scared, this show was the ultimate sit on the edge of your seat adventure. I don't think anyone ever got seriously injured, but this show completely freaked me out and I wasn't even there.

If you believe in ghosts or any kind or paranormal phenomena -than this was the ticket! Leave young kids in so-called haunted houses in the dark, alone, and have their only companion be a walkie talkie which most times they had to turn off, this show was a total headtrip. At any moment, you expected something to pop out. They def need to bring this back!
  • I really do miss this show!

I loved everything about this show. The Places, The objections they had to do, the Theme songs, Everything. Then soon after I finally got into this show they cancelled it. I was Mad! It was one of my favorites! I have never seen re-runs either. I Miss it alot. I think either MTV or Sci-Fi could at least play re-runs becuase i most deff. want to see more of this show. So MTV I'm asking you, Either Play Re-Runs or make new episodes.
  • $5000 will be given to those who can endure certain trials -staying alone in a haunted house, ship, etc.; being buried alive, invoking spirits, etc. Many ghosts or paranormal incidents caught on tape. Forerunner to Ghosthunters - Taps on SciFi channel.

I loved this show! I was disappointed that MTV canceled it. I was intrigued by paranormal incidents and awed by contestants who had the courage to stay alone, in the dark, in purported haunted locations, invoking spirits. As far as I could tell, none of the incidents were staged. Cameras were set up throughout the locations, and Contestants wore a video camera get-up that allowed us to see the fear on their faces, etc. One of the two main TAPS Ghosthunters owners actually worked on this show before producing his own. I wish that they would bring it back.
  • A great show that always left you wanting more.

Fear was an awesome show! I remember watching it in 7th grade and talking about it with my friends. I loved the variety of people they chose to be on the show and the different places. It's hard for me to choose my favorite episode because I loved them all. My favorites are "St. Agnes Hospital" and "Mina Dos Estrellas 1 & 2". I could watch them all day. I really, really wished that it came back because Fear got into everyones' minds and not just the people who were on the show.
  • Needs to come back... and fast..

This show was just awesome. I loved the hospital episode where the big black guy went running down the stairs and you could hear something chasing after him. That whole scene was just freaky.

Around this time the show premired. It wasn't the only show. There was a show on Fox Family which had the same plot, but with a family and it took place in a castle in Europe. But FEAR was different, it had good music and allot more scary places. It was just all good fun and laughs. It was like a pre-mature version of Scare Tatics. This show needs to come back, or someone needs to really make a show just like it.
  • I liked the show alot.

The show fear was really good, I don\'t see why you guys took it off air. Maybe becuase you didn\'t have anymore haunted places, which i find very hard to believe. My whole family loved the show, and I liked it even more becuase it was actually real. You should really bring it back, even if it\'s re-runs. I\'d like to see it again, and I\'m sure alot of other people would too. But If you do bring it back don\'t change anything, kepe the theme song the same and everything. It\'d be an awesome show, esecially now a days when everything is so un-real. Well hope you bring it back.
  • Pretty good show. They need to bring it back.

Did they run out of scary places in the world? Or was it that low in ratings?
    I'm a firm believer in ghosts...although I'm not saying that everything on this show was true, but not sure if you could pay me enough money to stay at these places. I liked everything about the show. I like how the "missions" and the way you could watch them go through it.
    Bring this show back!
  • Loved this show. If it was real, bring it back!

Nothing more entertaining that seeing a bunch of youngsters boast about how they can't be scared and then watch as they dirty their undies while screaming and running away. Don't know about the validity of this show, but if it wasn't a hoax, it should definitely be brought back into production.
  • ok this is not cool some ppl like the show fear and you cancelled it wtf. come on i love the holy heck scared out of me and watching ppl scream of fear. wtf mtv just cuz it wasnt popular culture doesnt mean you can cancle it. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

i give fear a 10.9. bring it back you mean parent. tell your kids not to watch it or have it blocked duh! you parents suck! give us back fear.bring fear back! BRING FEAR BACK!! BRING FEAR BACK!!! BRING FEAR BACK!!!! BRING FEAR BACK!!!!! BRING FEAR BACK!!!!!! BRING IT BACK
  • coool

Foxtrot uniform charlie kilo this was a good show it was about ghosts. and people who went into haunted places. oohlala it was great. I want to watch it again and again but no no no it was cancelled after a season and never brought back... ever. the end one
  • Nice reality show, totaly under appreciated if more people knew about it then so many people would watch it.

I really liked this show, and I don't usually watch reality shows. I love things that have to do with the occult (supernatural) however, and so love to watch this show, especially when stuff happens. I have a hard time going to sleep afterwords though, but 5 min of family guy clears that up nicely. I explecally liked "Buck Hill Inn. One of the guys (Andrew) had an EKG (a device used for detecting ghost activity) and he was totally freaken. He started yelling and screming and I seriously think he was ready to bust some heads:

"Bring it on. BRING IT ON! (Kicks in bathroom stall doors) I don't see no horror. I got my EKG, b****." - Andrew

I halve expected him to fight somthing. But more to the point, I think that this is a great show for anyone who watches "Buffy" and thinks "Man I wish somthing like that would happen to me."

It's also good for history buff's I guess... just an on-the-spot-thought. So spread this show around. One TV station (YTV i think) shows it over and over again, so make sure you and your friends tune in for a show that should have gotten more publicity then it did....

...not like anyone will read this...
  • it always had me on the edge of my seat

Fear was actually one of the MTV shows i could watch besides daria and bevis and butt head now all the shows that mtv has on are crap they should bring back fear and take off this crap they have on now like pimp my ride and all those other stupied shows