Feasting on Asphalt

Saturday 9:00 PM on Food Network Premiered Jul 29, 2006 In Season

Feasting on Asphalt Fan Reviews (3)

• awesome show

Alton Brown travels the country in search of good food in small towns on motorcycles with his crew the first and second season were amazing and better than i thought it would be and i cant wait for the next season it would be cool to be on Alton Browns crew and ride a motorcycle on the wide open roads in search of good food
    Alton has such a nice sense of humor
    this is one of the better show on the food network channel even though it sounds like a tons of the other food network shows its not really like any of the others
  • Makes me wish I knew how to ride a motorcycle if only for the chance to join Mr. Brown on the road.

Feasting On Asphalt combines one of my favorite personalities from The Food Network and one of the things my family loves to do and that is the 'Road Trip'. We also like to eat and growing up as the daughter of a truck driver, I love truck stop food. Not the chain truck stops one finds along the interstates today like Circle J or Stucky's but those mom and pop cafes that served homemade food and lots of it.

I have so many fond memories of vacation trips across country, stopping along the way and eating at places with naugahyde covered benches or stools. You could watch the cook as he made your meal. You could smell and hear everything that was being cooked on the grill or burner and it just made your taste buds water even more while you waited for your food. Feasting On Asphalt brings that all back to me and it's what I try to find when my family goes on one of its weekend road trips. I want my children to experience all the different tastes we had available to us as children. Unfortunately those small cafe's and diner's are falling quickly by the way side and I'm really glad that Alton Brown is able to still find some in his travels.

Add in Alton's incredible sense of humor and knowledge of food; and you've got a real winner of a show.
  • great show...

Alton Brown scoures the country for food that makes it unique. Now, this sounds like a dozen other food network shows, but this one is unique. They go on a real road trip on motorcycles and find unique places that most people, other than the locals, never see. The places they find are amazing and different and they serve food that is defenately unique. I really like Alton Brown and he brings a lot to the show in terms of information and entertainment. I also love how he tells it like it is. I remember seeing an episode when he didn't like the food, and he said so, politely. Anyways, great food network show.