Felicity Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

Do you prefer Felicity&Ben or Felicity&Noel?

Black_Thorine

[61]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 11
    It's really hard to choose, but I prefer Felicity & Ben.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zsorzsi

[62]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    Ben and Felicity always!

truereviewer

[63]Jan 28, 2009
    Felicity had NOTHING in common with Ben, and don't tell me opposites attract. In real life, please go for the person with at least half as many brains as you? DO NOT go for the jerk: that's the trainer guy that helps you realize you DON'T want to date an immature jerk. Instead, although Noam was AWESOME to her, and interesting, and supportive and smart, she sold him out. She sold out her best friend who really liked Ben. The authors also sold out their loyal fans (people like Felicity) for teeny boppers who wanted Scott Speedman, even though it was supposed to be a college series, wherein people discover they actually want someone intelligent. Even thinking about being an artist instead of a doctor was SOMEHOW selling out! Check out the "Where are they now?" thread for what would REALLY happen after season 4 And if you've been through by college now but liked Ben before, do a double take at Noam now

dawniej

[64]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 2
    They say that nice guys finish last but not with me...I was always a Felicity/Noel fan. I don't HATE FelBen, I can handle it. I just prefer the deeper more tender relationship that she had with Noel.

Bren_thy_God

[65]May 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    Okay so I know how it ends but I just recently bought season one. And I dunno I would rather Felicity and Noel.

fabby_silva

[66]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 4

dmarex wrote:
    I don't know why, but I was always a big fan of Felicity/Noel. I never liked Ben. But I guess the ending was good anyway.

I couldn't agree more.

shboogies

[67]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    Noel and Felicity all the way. I can't believe how many Ben and Felicity fans there are - to me he always treated her like crap. Noel and she had this awesome chemistry and he always loved her from day 1 - eventhough she apparently liked being beat down by Ben all the time.

amberramat

[68]Jul 26, 2011

Felicity&Noel would be much more realistic and I really hate that were no romantic scenes after the christmasbreak only the stupid stupid episode gimme an O; nobody would ever do or even consider all the things she did in that episode!

leash10

[69]Sep 15, 2011
    • level: 5

secret_samadhi wrote:
    I could not stand Ben. Seriously, the only time he ever was interested in Felicity is when someone else was. Plus, he cheated with that married woman, got some girl pregnant in high school and didn't even show up at the abortion clinic, knocked that one guy straight into a coma. He had some serious anger issues. I loved Noel. So sweet, caring, goofy, and smart! He was the one who was always there for Felicity, from day one. He deserved Felicity. I love the show (still my favorite) but I wish the ending were different.

I felt the same way. I thought it would have been great had she ended up with Noel. She went to NY chasing after Ben, but ended up with someone even better. Ben had way too much angst, anger and jealousy even. He didn't like when Felicity was with someone else, but didn't always want her for himself either. Ugh.

IHeartSB

[70]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    I am currently rewatching the series on Netflix. I didn't really watch much of the first season (maybe one or two episodes)because of the time it was on, but once it moved to a better timeslot I watched every week religiously until the end. I kinda had a celebrity crush thing on Scott Foley like the entire series so I was always kinda bias towards him and Felicity getting together vs. her and Ben. That being said, I do believe that as the series went on Ben became more and more of a jerk. He only thought of himself and Felicity was too nieve to see it. She would let her self time and agin be hurt by him and think this was alright. It kinda made me doubt whether Felicity was as strong as she eventually thought she was. I think one of the happiest times for me for Felicity in the series was when she and Nole were talking on the roof of the loft and then kissed. I don't think I could have cheered louder. Too bad it wasn't until the crappy time warp episodes that she did anything about it and *Spoiler Alert Warrning for anyone who has yet to see the series* even then it wasn't real. Maybe Felicity was meant to be with someone entirely different;someone she meets after the series is over. At least she didn't listen to the demands of her overbearing father and move back home to live out his dreams. I think that if she had ended up getting married to either Ben or Noel she would have regreted it everyday of her life. Her college years were just what they were supposed to be, a time of self discovery and as long as she never made the decision to move back to California, things would have worked out for her just the way they were supposed to.