Felicity Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

when did Felicity cut her hair?

drezito

[1]May 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    can anyone tell me in which episode does Felicity cut her hair?? I'm going nuts 'cause I can't remember... It was the last episode I watched and I want to resume from then on...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XandraSkye

[2]May 31, 2006
    • level: 8

It was in Season 2. It was either the 2nd or 3rd episode of that season. Look at the episode guide, it should tell you.

UPDATE:  I just checked the Episode Guide and it happened at the end of Episode 2 in Season 2.

Edited on 05/31/2006 10:33am

omaritoto

[3]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 18
    I heard ratings dropped after she cut her hair.

LukesDiner

[4]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 3
    Ratings did drop, but the haircut is a lame excuse. They dropped because the show moved to a new night and the storylines in season 2 got really stupid. It had nothing to do with the hair, but it was an easy and convenient excuse.

tdakoo

[5]Aug 8, 2006
    • level: 16
    It was really stupid becasue then there was this whole supposed WB memo that went out to all the actresses saying that there would be no drastic haircuts without the station's approval. Crazy. I just feel so badly that they blamed it all on poor Keri Russell when it was really the time shift that caused ther atings to drop. I thought her hair looked cute short, but it look even better now that it's straighter.

misshysteria

[6]Aug 10, 2006

To answer the question of this thread, the episode where Felicity cuts her hair is S2.Ep2

Ben retracts himself from their relationship. Felicity consults a magazine to win him back but breaks it off with him because Felicity felt that the state of their relationship was keeping felicity from being true to herself.  As an act of independence and strength  Felicity gets her hair cut short.

misshysteria

[7]Aug 10, 2006

To answer the question of this thread, the episode where Felicity cuts her hair is S2.Ep2

Ben retracts himself from their relationship. Felicity consults a magazine to win him back but breaks it off with him because Felicity felt that the state of their relationship was keeping felicity from being true to herself.  As an act of independence and strength  Felicity gets her hair cut short.

many say that the series jumped the shark when felicity cut her hair short but this is my opinion:

superficially, i really liked Felicity with long hair like in season1 and was pretty anxious to see her get her hair cut so short, but then, i got used to it and she just looked so much more mature (Gilmore Girls fans: don't you think it was the same deal when rory got her hair cut short?)

otherwise, i think that felicity cutting her hair that short was an act of bravery.  most people hide behind their hair (usually girls) but she decided she wasn't going to hide herself anymore.  she decided she was going to come out and be exactly who she is, and i think that that was a very very courageous thing for her to do.

ez1jb

[8]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 14
    The hair was more infamous than the series? That's ridiculous; overall - Felicity is one of the best teen dramas ever created. Hair or not!