Felicity Forums

The WB (ended 2002)

Your Least Favorite Character???

MeyaP

[1]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 2

My least favorite was DEFinitely JULIE, HANDS DOWN!!

I couldn't stand Julie, and everytime I go back and look at it, I like her even less...

It just seemed like she was always having some type of issue...and would be so depressing...

I mean, I guess considering all of the circumstances in her life, it's sort of understandable why she was like that, but dang....It just got to be a little too much to me at times...

Not only that, but I wasn't too crazy about the way she treated Felicity near the end, either...

And didn't she start dating Ben at some point, too, knowing what he meant to Felicity and who he was in her life?!?!?  NOT A GREAT FRIEND!!

So, yeah....was glad when she left...

Besides her, I know I'm going to probably catch some serious slack for this, but I wasn't too crazy about Ben, either...

He was just such a jerk for the majority of the show, in my opinion....and he, too, seemed to always have some type of new issue or drama - he just made everything so complicated, both when it came to him & Felicity...and in general...

So, I guess, in hindsight, he and Julie were much more made for each other than I thought!!  lol

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilovedb

[2]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 21
    For a main character I agree that I did not like Julie. The hair clips bothered me and she was always just so depressed. I feel like the show was much lighter after she left. I did like her when she appeared in season 4 though.

For recurring guest role, I could not stand Avery, Maggie, David, or Greg. They all annoyed me so much and Ben and Felicity could have done so much better.

KamakaLo

[3]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 22
    I pick Julie too.

Donna48

[4]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 12
    I have to say Julie too. As hard as I tried, I just couldn't warm up to her.

ez1jb

[5]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 14
    Julie was a backstabbing ______.

Pitchounne

[6]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 6
    I'm sorry to say that I really appreciated Julie  but my least favorite character was Ben,  I could not stand his voice that's lame I know, but I always had the feeling he was trouble and he acted like he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders! yuk !

panicatthemonie

[7]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    haha all the heys that ben gave was annoying. but julie.. was the least. she was the emo..

Firetears

[8]May 13, 2007
    • level: 23
    MeyaP wrote:
    And didn't she start dating Ben at some point, too, knowing what he meant to Felicity and who he was in her life?!?!?  NOT A GREAT FRIEND!!

I only watched season 1 and episode 1 of season 2 so far but I have to disagree with everything you said, especially including that statement. Julie turned Ben down numerous times when he asked her out because of Felicity. Even though Felicity told her over and over to date him. After a while, Julie just had to do her own thing. Besides, Ben felt nothing for Felicity at that time, so what real reason did Julie have to hold back? A high school stalker-esque crush?! If I were Julie I would've been started to date Ben.

Now Felicity, on the other hand, turned down a trip to Berlin with her boyfriend-like person(Noel) and went across country with Ben only a day or two after he dumped Julie. Lucky enough for Ben and Felicity Julie got over it because I don't think I would've ever forgiven my friends.

Out of all the characters, I think Julie was my favorite. She always had a dark cloud over her head but she never let it show and she battled with her emotions all the time. I respected her because she always put herself before everyone else. Ben sometimes was an ass to her and she still smiled at him. I just don't see how she was always depressed. I also don't see how hair clips can bother someone.

Now, If I had to choose any main character I like least, I'd have to choose Felicity. She never seemed to make a smart or mature decision, but with her being the main character, I guess she wasn't supposed to.

FCBarca

[9]May 28, 2007
    • level: 15

Well, I think that while Julie is the obvious choice for many, I find that it was simply the poor writing that lacked any continuity that was her downfall...I thought the acting was pretty good for her, as it was overall on the show...Yet, they started storylines with her only to reverse course or simply disengage for no apparent reason...Shame, really...I thought the story arc regarding her adopted parents was a strong one but the writers dropped the ball on that one...She was a whiny kinda depressed figure because the writers made her out that way.

If nothing else, for me, Molly had to be my pick for least favorite character...Not only poorly written for but a seemingly useless ancillary character...The drug addiction storyline was the only interesting story for her otherwise she served very little purpose on the show...She was essentially a bandaid for Julie's departure, IMHO.

SassyMax

[10]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 40
    haha, Julie! I couldn't stand her! Not one bit!

Dina-M

[11]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 9
    Between Noel, Sean, Meghan, Elena, Julie, Ben & Felicity my vote goes to Ben i guess, i won't say Julie because her character just had bad things happening to her most of the show. Ben was boring...

Black_Thorine

[12]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 11
    Julie is my least favorite.

FCBarca

[13]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 15
    I'd concur on Julie but only because of how poorly she was written and yo-yo'd throughout the series

dawniej

[14]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    I'm going to say Elena. I think her character was written ridiculously stereotypical and she just grated my nerves. And yeah, I didn't like Julie either.

soapieaddict23

[15]Dec 16, 2010
    • level: 18

Seriously, I agree so much on the Julie hate. I'm only just starting to watch the series, I'm four episodes in, and OMG SHE IS SO ANNOYING! I seriously want to stab her in the eye with a fork every time she's on screen. I think the main thing is probably the fact that Ben likes her. WHY? Why would he like her when Felicity is after him? Felicity is prettier, nicer, and pretty much better in every single way. Maybe she'll get better later but right now, I can't stand her. I also hate how she's all sanctimonious about how she's staying away from Ben for Felicity. She should do that anyway, and not be so annoying about it.

chicooss

[16]Dec 28, 2010

@Firetears

OK, I understand your opinion about Julie, but don't you think you should wait until you completed the entire series to talk? There are more characters to come until the very end, so wait a moment. I think Julie was an interesting character, but I have to agree to the fact that she wasn't really attractive, I definitely understand how she can bore people, y'know? She suffered a lot throughout the show and that kinda turned her character down a little bit. Still, I can't say she was completely boring,dull or whatever. But I would have to say that she is my least favorite character. I really love this show and I love the characters. But she just doesn't mean that much to me.

But I think you're very wrong about what you said about Felicity. You know, you didn't watch the entire show! You don't know how much she grows throughout it! If you don't like Felicity, how can you watch the show and love it? You should really consider what you said about her. She may have done some irrational decisions or whatever, but that's the thing about the show. It's real. It happens in real life. People screw up. Make mistakes. I don't see a great level of maturity in Julie's actions actually. Do you?

Edited on 12/28/2010 9:13am

paryah

[17]Oct 18, 2012
    Richard & Molly. Though I found some redemption in Molly's character and her pairing with Richard towards the end.