FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010

Brazil vs. Chile

Aired Daily 7:00 AM Jun 28, 2010 on ESPN

6.7
  • What a wonderful match!

Although the outcome was never in doubt, both teams put on a wonderful offensive show generating many chances at both ends. It would have been tough enough for Chile at full strength, but with two defenders suspended for multiple yellow cards, the task was nigh impossible.

The co-favorite and World #1 Samba Boys put on a clinic. Their three goals were beautiful to watch and their talent and class obvious for all to see. I would have liked to see the Chileans get a goal; I though they richly deserved one for their game effort.

Chile becomes the first South American team eliminated from the Finals and it took a fellow South American side to beat them. There are still four teams left and we could very well see all advance to the quarter-finals. Three are already there and Paraguay should be able to beat Japan.

I can't wait for Brazil v. Netherlands - it should be a great match between two of the top four teams in the world.
  • bra vs. chi

Kaka! Kaka! Kaka! No, that is not the sound of a crow sitting on your fence chirping, it is the name of the star of Team Brazil.

Going into this game Chile needed a miracle, probably two miracles. They needed Brazil's team bus to get in an accident, that was just about the only thing that would allow them to win this game.

Brazil was my pick to win it all from the beginning and I do not see any reason to think they won't, unless Ghana really is as good as their dancing is (then they cannot possibly be stopped this year.)