Fillmore!

ABC (ended 2004)

Fillmore! Fan Reviews (40)

• Partners In Anti-Crime.

I can't believe what I'd been missing this whole time for as long as I had. I passed up on watching this series when it originally aired as part of ABC's One Saturday Morning block, but after catching up on seeing some of the episodes on Youtube years later, I now wish that I had gotten into it sooner and regret not doing so. And even though I still had other episodes that I hadn't seen or have yet to see (I'm caught up on all of them now), I also still wish that it ran longer than it did, as it deserved to do so. I feel that so much more could've been done with it. Sorry, but dern Disney or ABC for dropped it too soon. Not yet, dern it and dern y'all. I would've liked to have seen and known if there were some, certain characters that would've been featured in more than one prominent role, such as the return of Brad Parnassus from "Ingrid Third, Public Enemy #1. Because it since became one of my favorite cartoons/programs and I find this to be one of the better/best shows to spring forth from Walt Disney Television Animation in not only the last decade, but of all time. I have to disagree with the reviewer who mentioned that it was better that the show ended at the point it did before it got too stale. I don't think the cases would've gotten too stale had they continued nor do I see how so, each is individual in its own right. There's nothing the same about any of them. So whatever with that horse-feathers and get off of that. To heck with that. It was one of those things that had such grand potential, possibilities and had a lot more cases left in it. As the final series produced by the studio/company independently before hooking up with the Disney channel, I'd say that this was the one to go out on with a bang and I'm glad they did. And with the 10th anniversary of its premiere approaching next year, I say it's high time and overdue for DVD releases of both seasons. I almost hate to say it, but I'm afraid that this just may have been the last (or one of the last) truly great, WDTA series. Ever since most, if not all, of the shows that followed it and originated on the Disney Channel, it's been downhill with Disney ever since. Based on lower rated reviews of some other Disney cartoons I read, I've yet to be impressed with a Disney animated series that's on the same level and of the same value as this one. The biggest one still going strong currently is Phineas and Ferb, but it still has it's flaws, more so than this. I really think if this had aired as part of a weekday afternoon block instead of on Saturdays, there would've been an almost sure-fire guarantee that more episodes would've been ordered. In fact, there would've been more episodes in the first season, rather than 13 episodes in each of the two. It would've been great and I would've loved to see this continue airing as part of the Disney Afternoon block, but unfortunately, it was already defunct over three years prior to Fillmore!'s premiere. Either that or a similar weekday afternoon block would've had to be made. Who knows, the majority of episodes could've aired on there and some others could've aired on ABC, like what Disney did with Darkwing Duck. Imagine that. If only, oh, what more there could've been. This is Disney's third crime/mystery/suspense cartoon after Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers and Bonkers, and I wish it had ran for as long as those two. Sorry for rambling on and on about how this show got the shaft prematurely, but I just had to get it off my chest and vent. But then again, it could've been worse, by being a one-off thing, like what happened to Fluppy Dogs. 26 is a decent number of episodes, but more would've been much better. Although, of course, I'm grateful Disney didn't jack us fans over by doing much worse of Fillmore! getting much less episodes, meaning a shorter run. We rather it wasn't done that way and wouldn't want that. Anyway, onto the review at last.

What I really love about Fillmore! is the basis of its originality, intrigue and difference that separates it from others of the same formats/genres: It being a detective show set in a junior high school. Starring its titular character (full name Cornelius Fillmore), a street-wise black American student and his partner-in-crime solving Ingrid Third, a goth girl with a keen sense of photographic memory, they're two safety patrol officers who act as investigators and attend X Middle School. And they're not your typical safety patrol officers. Both previously came from troubled backgrounds, but they'd change their ways and decided to go straight after eventually getting caught with the crime-committing, and now having chosen instead to join the safety patrol. It makes for a great back-story of how they met (as in the episode "Ingrid Third, Public Enemy #1", in which Ingrid had transferred to X) and I like how that all came together in the end. Other members of the safety patrol team include Mexican American commissioner Horatio Vallejo, Italian and Japanese American forensics specialists Joseph Anza and Karen Tehama, and Irish American crime scene photographer Danny O'Farrell. The junior high principal Dawn S. Folsom acts as the mayor and vice principal Raycliff is her right-hand man. The whole thing is a kid-friendly take on various crime-fighting series like Shaft, Dragnet, Magnum . and the . franchise, serving as a parody of sorts. Speaking of which, another reviewer took the way some, certain things occurred and mentioned too seriously. They may not have been allowed to happen for real (and though I agree somewhat they shouldn't), but then again, who cares? It's just a satire. A third reviewer who reviewed this because the cartoon ran too often for him or her in his or her area, that's sort of a wasted review. All that reviewer had to do was simply take a break if he or she is/was tired of it, no need to bring that up here.

Another thing I like about this show is its mixture of action, comedy and drama, which are what else it has. I think it's one of the wittiest and most intelligently well-done shows that one will ever come across. It has it all: Great characters, superb stories, witty writing, all-star voice casting and more. It is what I'd consider to be a perfect Disney production. And despite what the few nay-sayers here already typed about it, to anyone reading my thoughts on it, don't listen to them. I implore y'all not to sleep on it like I did. This is amongst the best of the best that beats a majority of the rest, especially in over the past decade. I wish there were more cases, as the series has left and made me want more since.
  • This show is quite stupid. Replacing crimes with silliness and police officers with kids. IT'S STUPID! My actual rating for this is 0.3 But TV.com just won't let me rate it below one.

This show is quite stupid. Replacing crimes with silliness and police officers with kids. IT'S STUPID! I hate this show. The school has "crimes" like everyday and people still go to this school. They overeact for like killing a spider. I mean, 2 years detention for killing a spider?! And when an actual crime did happne (stealing) nothing happened to them. The bad peoples consequence is detention! Stupid!!!!! And they ALWAYS, ALWAYS RUN. Absolutely stupid. And arrg, it's also boring! Most of the characters are stereotypes. ARRG. And, god, I hate Fillmore he insults so many of the bystanders and keeps on saying "bebe". What is he? And idiot? You don't go around doing that. And what's with all those school events. A macoroni statue contest? huh? I have nothing left to say accept, the princaple is a bossy, vindictive, b**** who always wants her way. The show could've been good if it were actual crimes and ACTUAL police. And a tip to the "safety patrol". When the school day ends and the bad people aren't caught. The check their darn house!!!
  • Family Channel, Take It Off.

3.8
    K this show has repeat each episode about 50 times, Take This Darn Show Off. Replace with a old show that you used to run then was cancelled like all-that, american dragon, or a new show, its kinda boring when you already no who the theft is. take it off.
  • Awesomest show on Earth...well, not on Earth, but it's still awesome.

Hello, Earthlings...two words: awesome sauce! This show is that awesome, it can only be described by these two words. I love it, and I wish I knew it was even on back then. It seems to me that the network it was on was pummeled in a web of cancellation, and...you know what? I'm just trying to get 100 words in here, so I'm just going to hum the Recess theme tune and sing the Pepper Ann theme song for the rest of this review...

*hums and sings, hums and sings, hums and sings and hums....

and sings and hums...and sings*
  • A great show that was cancelled just in time.

Fillmore! was an amazing show full of on-the-edge-of-your-seat excitement and crimes that kept you guessing as to who the perpetrator was. It had the characters, no two were the same and they were funny in their own ways, Fillmore with his attitude and his constant demolition of school property, Ingrid with her ways and photographic memory, Vallejo with his many problems (mostly ones to deal with Fillmore), Principal Folsom with her constant threats towards the safety patrol and even Vice Principal Raycliff with his quick information and for backing up Principal Folsom, and all the other characters of course.
    The crimes were well thought up as unrealistic though they were, they gave room for imagination and speculation and it was always interesting to see what the producers would come up with next.
    The show was cancelled at a great time - before the characters became boring and before the crimes began to seem repetative. All in all, I would recommend this show to anyone who likes comedy, drama, mysteries, suspense, or crime solving.
  • Pure awesomeness

X Middle School is the place to be if you want vivid drama and action. X Middle School is huge, over the top, and is chop fulled of conventional and unconventional clubs. The clubs vary from the book club, the sandwich club, the model train club and various sport teams and activities. The main club is the Safety Patrol. Their safety patrol team is different from any other typical safety patrol team instead of helping people across the street; the members solve real crimes within the school. The show gives a melodramatic and suspenseful 1970s crime solving show. So people like that and some others don't. I can easily say that I loved it so that why I would recommend it to anyone willing to give it a chance.
  • A smart, witty riot.

This show is funny, very funny some times it's so funny you don't know why your laughing. it's smart with a 70's style cop show feel to it. The characters are funny, the jokes are good, the cast is very good and the plots are funny too.
    This show like I said before is just fun, it's just very fun to watch. Don't believe me? then just watch it although it;s very hard to catch, but worth it. Just keep your eyes peeled for it. You might enjoy it, you might not.But hopefully you will, unless you don't like the 70's or something...
  • show about seventh grade detective Cornelius Fillmore and his partner in anticrime Ingrid Third

Cornelius Fillmore was once a rebel but changed his ways and is now the top officer of the Safety Patrol beneath the chief of operations, Vallejo. Ingrid Third, also once a delinquent, was convinced to turn to the good side by Fillmore and they now work together to solve crimes. The crimes in question are often complex plans and the characters behind them have similarly complex reasons for commiting them. Each episode is divided into 'acts' and each has an interesting title. This is quite an enjoyable show and one of my fave cartoons. The characters plots etc are all great and certainly very creative. In the rather unique setting of X Middle School the safety patrol never fals to entertain. I think it was worthy of a few more seasons.
  • God, I wish I had there school.

This is one of the few good cartoon disney shows (like the weekenders, american dragon, kim possible, recess, lloyd in space). Nowadays, disney is doing bad because of the new shows (but there are some good new shows like cory in the house, and phineas and ferb). This show is pretty cool because of the great mysteries and smart characters (except for o'farrel and the one-time characters). But the stupid lines is what held this show back from me giving it a 10. I also made a reference to fillmore on my case closed review, now that was a good detective show.
  • A middle school student is part of the school safety patrol at his school--suspenseful, witty...melodramatic?

6.9
    When the show, "Fillmore" first came on, I was intrigued by the mystery element of the show. The exact details of the show are a bit fuzzy, but I believe it is about a boy, Fillmore who is a reformed troublemaker. Instead of causing distress, he's now stopping it by joining the school safety patrol with the help of his partner, Ingrid.
    After a while of watching "Fillmore", I became irritated about certain things. One thing I don't like about this show is how much they exaggerate the situations. Whenever I watched the show, it seemed like a poorly written, melodramatic crime show with prepubescent kids as the police officers and detectives-to put it bluntly.
    The "drama" in the show is forced, as well as the suspense. When someone does one simple thing wrong that should earn him or her detention for two days, they act as though that person should-and will-get life in prison.
    I think I would've enjoyed the show more if they toned down the drama and tried to make the situations more realistic.
  • fillmore is a new breed of shows that adds excitement and action together into a crime theme.

Fillmore himself is an enforcer of the law of the school and also tries to help the people who break the law of the school.

Fillmore used to be a person who would break the rules, but then turned his life around and joined the safety patrol, which gives himself an insight into how the criminal mind works. This show brings a new kind genre to the media as it is presented in such a way that it is not just a crime drama but one that is set in a school, and so brings new meaning to crime. There is no prison and no hearings but the problem is always resolved by the and and everyone is better of in the end.
  • Oh, Disney. it seems that the best cartoons are the ones that get cancelled, and Fillmore! is one of these. This cartoon features great storytelling, subtle but effective plot twists, and all the makings of a great cartoon!

The story of Fillmore! revolves around X Middle School, where Cornelius Fillmore and Ingrid Third, officers on the Safety Patrol, enforce justice and make sure what is right prevails. The cartoon is chock-full of slick action animation, but the characters and storylines don't suffer at all. It's a well-developed show with fleshed-out characters and another victim of Disney cancellation.

Unlike some cartoons, Fillmore! is both witty and gritty, with all the trappings of film-noir style detective storytelling. It manages to make the best out of life-lessons, which lurk just under the surface where they aren't overly played-out, as well as nice animation which doesn't overrule the good storylines.

Overall, Fillmore! is just one of those great cartoons you can't get enough of. It's clever and cool, with a suitable infusion of earnestness. Just like a good cup of cocoa. ;)
  • fillmore is about a middle school called X middle school and there safty patrol...paticularly cornilious fillmore and ingrid third!

i first saw this show a while back and saw like 4 episodes before it went off air and loved it but because at that i didnt have the internet i gave up on it and moved on to favorite other shows well i found tv.com looking for avatar cause i was sick of waiting around for the new season so i started investigating shows i used to watch and wallah i'm back at fillmore. ok on with the review lol well i gotte say i do appriciate a good mystery and this show is full of them my fave character is ingrid third i relate to her a bunch this show in my eyes has a good balance of drama and comdy and thats just what i like!!! so yeah an all around great show!
  • Always loved this show. It's perfect for its small bits of comedy, parodies, allusions, and above all its originality.

This is undoubtedly the best show on family channel, and I know that's not saying all that much, but it really is good, and I enjoyed it more than any other cartoon. I always used to love this show, for some undescribable reason. There is no easy way of explaining why you like this show, because if you summarize it it doesn't sound all that special. It's about safety patrollers (which are about the next level of hall monitors) in x middle school , and these safety patrollers tackle strange problems within the school, and instead of saving a life, they save the day. Don't ever take this show seriously, because you will hate it. If you ever watch this, don't think, just watch. It's not a thinking show, and I can't really persuade anyone to like it, but it's just a wierd case, because it's so good, but noone knows why. This is why it's hard to describe : example: It's cool in a cheesy way, but at the same time it isn't cheesy. Make any sense? No, it doesn't, but just watch it and you'll know what I mean. I give this a ten out of ten, because I enjoyed every single episode for its cheesy non-cheesy seriousness.
  • I'm in love!

Yes, that’s right; I’m in love with a kids TV show.

Fillmore is about a former trouble maker (Cornelius Fillmore), now turned Safety Patroller and his brilliant partner (Ingrid Third. Together, with the rest of the Safety Patrol they solve the crimes of X Middle School! There’s something so refreshing about Fillmore. It’s such an original idea, especially for a Disney show. There are so many great things about Fillmore; the characters that are uniquely cool, the voice talent that absolutely rocks, the fabulous writing, the parodying of old cop shows, and the weirdness of it all. Because Fillmore is a little weird, but in a good way. Because you know there’s no school in the universe that would be anything like X-Middle School, but that makes you love Fillmore more. Its unbelievable-ness makes all the more fun!
  • awesome absolutely awesome no not even awesome BRILIANT

awesome absolutely awesome no not even awesome BRILIANT
    awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
    awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
  • Fillmore has to solve some sort of crime commited in a school, I lost attention after 5 minutes, but the start was good, very good...

Massive respect to da X Middle Skool!!!
    Anything I type from here on in is just to fill up my one hundered word review work count thingy...

Massive respect to da X Middle Skool!!!
  • this is one of my all time favorite show....

wow i love this show this is like a cop show but kids style the show is one of a kind this is the only show that really differnt all the cartoons these days are only about super nartural dont get me wrong i love that kind of stuff but its something differnt i am upset they only had like a season i would give this show more then 3-5 season at a time i really wanted to be on the saftey team you will not find anthor show like it thank you for reading my reviews over all fillmore rules
  • One word discribes this show BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Fimore was a great show about patrol oficers that acted like real cops. Fillmore& Engrid made a Great team. I really liked this show The only reason I did not give this show a 10 is becuase the network it was on DisneyChannel.Has been a brian teaser to, I used to play along with the shows challenges, I would like to see one last epidsode.
  • Please bring it back!

This show is so cool. It reminds me of Recess a little. I don't care because I like Recess also. It has a lot of voice actors I recognize from other shows. Ingrid Third is my Favorite. I didn't watch it much but when I did it was awesome. I was young when it was on '1 Saturday morning' so I might not have understood it that well but it was good. I don't get Toon Disney so when it comes on there or came on there I can't watch it. Safety Patrols are some cool people. Though I think these kids acted like police officers.
  • The show is ace but...

The show is ace but I don't get it there were at least about 50 epesoids made but only 26 shown and the rest in clips in the intro I wunder why they din't show them on tv?????? I always watched this show but now it's only on for you if ur off skool sick coz it's only on at 1:20 plus toondisney was replaced by the disney channle now.
  • Brilliant.

A cool little show that you could just sit back and watch and never get bored of it. This show is a detective programme that takes place at X Middle school. The main characters are ex delinquents Cornelius Fillmore and Ingrid Third. There adventures range from getting back X's stolen mascot to defeating the Lunch bag bandits.
    Cornelius Fillmore has many enimies that he has "busted" while on the safety patrol. He mostly goes by the book unless he has to break the rules in order to catch the person responsible.
    Ingrid Third is incredibly smart for somebody of her age. Her photographic memory allows her to remember things that could be possible clues.
  • Nifty little show.

5.2
    Fillmore is a pretty good series. I am not certain as to why it only had 26 episodes, but based on the handful that I've watched, it is worth watching. I am pleased to see that Disney still keeps it in it's line - up although it's usually at odd airing times.
  • Why Did They Cancel This Show?? It Was A Gr8 Show!!!! now they just have this show on when I can\'t watch it!! i say...Bring It Back 2 TV!!!

I used 2 watch this show all the time when it was on... now I can\'t watch it \'cuz it\'s on either 2 early or while I\'m in school!! This Stinks!!!! Bring This Show Back 2 TV (better yet...2 a time that I can actually watch it!)!!!! & mayb even make more episodes!
  • This show is nice and has some nicer stuff, but some stuff is really annoying.

7.6
    This show is pretty good and sometimes has some great episodes. However, sometimes it has some annoying plot holes, for example, in almost ever episode, there is alway a chase that starts with throwing something at the Safety Partrol then running, it happens way too much, even if it is sometimes someone who didn't really do anything wrong. I know it's in the style of many old cop shows, but it still can get old fast.

However, this show does have a lot of good points as well, it shows some stuff that has a lot of requirment of use of the mind with some of the mystery and has a lot of funny moments as well, so far I think this is a great show for kids, but still, it could use some improvment.

I would still recommend this show for many kids, it is fun it a lot of ways to for those who enjoy this thing, and I have seen a lot do so this is a good show, I do like it too but it is not one of my favorites.
  • As yet another programme that felt the strain of the Disney episode rule, the show was cut down in it's prime. Shame though, it was amazing.

I hate detective shows, I literally can't stand watching them. But strangely, there's something cutting edge about Fillmore that drew me to watch it. It could be a number of things.

The storylines? They were amazing, especially how a case that seems so simple can have so many plot twists and turns, and so many shocking answers. Even as a teenager, I don't work out who is the culprit until they work it out!

Maybe the characters? Of course the best characters are Fillmore and Ingrid, but there's other characters I love, too. Namely, of course, O'Farrell. You can't help but love him!

Other factors are, of course, the brilliant voice actors, especially Tara Strong. I love the voices she makes!

If I could, I'd definietly make more episodes. Unfortunately, it's down to Disney, and therefore, we will lose yet another great show.
  • This series could have far surpassed 26 episodes.

I mean, come on. It had to have had high ratings. I never missed an episode. I have recorded all but 7 episodes. I think this show deserved an EMMY. It was so great and hilarious. The chase scenes were simply hilarious. Orlando Brown and Tara Strong did a great job in voice acting. I simply say, bring it back.
  • My review. Well, I can't come up with anything.

Fillmore! is an awesome show, and unlike what Chris Roman said, it IS funny (supposedly one of the reasons it was cancelled). I personally think that Disney should stop worrying about ratings and commercials, and pay attention to the viewers. It's obvious there are more Fillmore! fans then Chris Roman was saying in his questionaire with Puppet Show's webmistress (in which he said "the show was not popular").

I guess in the mean time, I will write Fillmore! fanfiction, and perhaps maybe I will send a couple to Chris Roman. Then maybe we'll get some new episodes.

Also, just to tell everyone if they didn't know. There are also several unaired episodes of the show too. :(
  • 26 episodes? This cartoon was great for me. Why did Disney cancel it? I wish it comes back!!!

Disney's Fillmore as said by another reviewer is a mini version of Crime: Scene Investigation. The storylines were interesting so humor wasnt needed for the show. It was a shame that Fillmore was dropped off the air before i was hooked to it.

I also haven't seen the first episode about Ingrid Third coming to X Middle School. I want to see that one!!! The music for the show was indeed what I liked very much and the style of the show was unique. I just wished that Disney gave it more than just 26 episodes and that more people will appreciate it more.
  • I love the show usually id guess who the crimemaster is if i was wrong man, id be mad but i still love the show its the best show ever i wish theyd bring it back like code lyoko i may like Code Lyoko and xaoilin s

I love the show
    usually id guess who the crimemaster is
    if i was wrong man, id be mad
    but i still love the show
    its the best show ever
    i wish theyd bring it back like code lyoko
    i may like Code Lyoko and xaoilin showdown better but Fillmore is soo very cool. :)
< 1 2