Filter Forums

G4 (ended 2006)

Filter Revamped - The return of Filter.

darquesyde

[1]Apr 20, 2006
    • level: 53
    Looks like Filter will be returning to the line up at G4, but with the standard "change" to recruit more of the young male audience. Looks like Beth Ostrosky has been slated to be the new host. She is supposed to be associated with Howard Stern in one way or another. More later...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darquesyde

[2]Apr 20, 2006
    • level: 53
    Forgot to include that it begins in June.

map586

[3]Apr 23, 2006
    • level: 7
    This sounds exciting, I just get the e-mail about it today from g4.  I'm glad they are putting another video game show back on.

EvilSausage

[4]May 27, 2006
    • level: 8
    It will no longer be about video games. One planned show is the "21 Best Parties of All Time".

enervator

[5]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 38
    Beth is very hot, but I miss Diane.  Diane was great, had a nice, sarcastic attitude, and was very sexy.  I'm also sorry to see that video games have been completely dropped.  The network was G4TV, which I thought was Games for television, but now that games have almost no place on this channel what's G4 stand for?  And how long until they just rename the whole network?

shabulia

[6]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    The new Filter sucks. It doesn't compare to what it used to be. G4 is going downhill and becoming a collection of shows about guys and sex. That all sounds cool, but pathetic losers that don't ever go out on dates sit around and watch shows like this and the Man Show. Diane Mizota kept the show's charm and I liked it more when it was about gaming and gadgets. Now its about sex, which most people watching are not having.

Silvereign

[7]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 6

hmmm. G4 is making a big and stupid mistake. Think about it. How long do you think there going to remain on the air? The reasone why G4 became so popular in the first place was because of being thee only major mainstream network channel for games. It made them unique. Now that there playing second rate shows as there main attraction I think they will suffer because they lost their uniqueness and they lost there luster. Fastlane a failed show that aired on XFX. G4 sucks now. 

Resist_or_Serve

[8]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 16
    I absolutely agree with the statements above. Not only has this show been ruined but the entire network as well. As stated the core audience was made of video game enthusiests and movie buffs and yet g4 has turned their backs on them in order to bring its predominantly male audience more of what they think we want. what I want is more info about the latest in the movie and video game industry and what others out there like myself think about it (something this show used to provide) but now all i get are second rate tv shows no one cares for. also for the record beth-o is not all that hot unless you, for some reason like the dumb-as-a-doorknob blondes.

Silvereign

[9]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    OMg yes Resist you hit the nail on the marker. I can't believe G4 turned their back on their hardcore gaming community and whats worse is that there playing bad shows. The Man show? That still comes on? I mean Im not even in the hardcore gaming community but I know that they are the ones who establish G4 as a network. Poor decisions just poor. Combining Tech TV and the Game channel was in my opinion a mistake and many will probably disagree. But their not different but there too huge broad of topics to be combined into a single channel. The man show.......G4 probably figured that it wants to be a magor channel and that the gaming community is too small of an audience but playing fastlane is not going to help there cause. Street Fury is just a Fast and Furious series thats on you know what. There host for E3 were terrible. They had one host who couldnt talk English and I was listening to Morgan Webb and ADam talk more then the actual Game creaters. I mean. Now I only get information on games from Gamespot. I mean you dont see Cartoon Network playing shows like Twilight zone.