Find My Family (Australia)

Tuesday 8:00 PM on Seven Network Premiered Aug 26, 2008 Between Seasons

Find My Family (Australia) Fan Reviews (3)

• My Mum was a "War Baby"

My mother was what was known as a "war baby" conceived during WW2 by her married mother(whose husband was MIA presumed dead)we have bits and pieces of information(about her biological father) but as my mother was raised by her mothers husband when he escaped from a prisoner-of-war camp and returned to England, the situation(of her NOT being his biological child) was just not discussed out of respect. After he passed away I did try to question my mother's mother(my grandmother) about my mums biological father and although I got snippets of information I was unsure as to their accuracy as she had early stages of dementia at the time. One bit of information was that my mothers biological father did try to get custody of my mother when she was quite young and after speaking to my mum she did say she had an early memory of going to York and to a courthouse, so this may be true. I tried to search early court records but on my own had no would dearly love to help find him(if he is still alive) or know whether he had any other children(who would be my mums half siblings). If your show would be interested in helping me give my Mum some answers I would be most grateful.
  • Find My Family

Have been viewing the show for some time now and am heartened by all the "happy endings". I last had contact with my sister in 1978 and have since lost contact. Have tried various means to find her but to no avail. I really don't know if she is alive or dead but would dearly like to know one way or the other. Would your programme be interested in my story ???. My sister was born in 1931 in Sydney and given the names of Maude Adele Emerson. She married in N.Z. to a Peter Salvigny, was divorced and remarried to a Mr.Mcdonell. She lived in the Pymble, St.Ives or Turramurra areas. She had a nickname of "Sally". She worked at the St.Ives travel bureau and later for Franklins the grocery chain. She had changed her first name to Maureen.
  • finding father

i am help my boyfriend looking for his father when he was young that he have not seen him long time that haven't see him for about 28 years since he was abt 12-13year old so far cos of his mother stopped him see his own father he wants see his father it important cos he gonna married me so he wants his father be there for him hope if u can help me find his father name is Glenn Lawrence Reynolds who live in Melbourne, vic, Austarlian thank you