A Firefly Community
FOX (ended 2002)

In an attempt to remind the world it was still relevant, Yahoo announced Monday that it was bringing the fan favorite comedy Community back from the dead after NBC Britta'd it by throwing it in the garbage. According to EW, the production value of the series will remain the same, which obviously means Yahoo is rollin' in the Benjamins. 

Because we're kind and generous people, we thought we'd help Yahoo by offering to take a little of that burdensome cash off their hands. So without further ado—and with complete disregard for logic—here are the shows we'd like Yahoo to save next. For the greater good of humanity and all.

What other shows would you like to see revived?

269 Comments
Comments (266)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
nope nope nope. No Firefly. Wash is dead and that ship has sailed. It's the saddest thing in tv history that it was cancelled the way it was-but it is far too late to bring that baby back.
Flag
Being Human, Life and a bunch of others. Sports Night & some other shows that have been off the air for a while really can't be picked up with the same cast; maybe they can be rebooted with a new cast.
(Vikings has not been cancelled so there's no need for it to be picked up by Yahoo.)
Flag
I mean "Almost Human."
Flag
Terra Nova, Jericho, Firefly, Band of Brothers, Fringe, Vikings, Dexter, Heroes, V, Futurama, Prison Break, Lost, SG.U Stargate Universe and Californication :D
Flag
Terra Nova, Pushing Daisies, Firefly, The Finder
Flag
Terriers!!!
Flag
In the middle of season 2 for Deadwood. I hear it ends on a major cliffhanger. Where the eff is the movie.
Flag
Lie to me, The Finder. Dead Like Me and Dark Angel
Flag
Jericho and The Nine Lives of Chloe King!! Both were cancelled way too soon. ABC Family didn't treat TNLCK right either and then cancelled it with so many cliffhangers. A TV movie would be nice to wrap it all up.
Flag
Some excellent choices there! Can we add Suburgatory to the list please!
Flag
REVOLUTION!!
Flag
Since this is just a wishlist, I would like to add Almost Human to this list....
Flag
More seasons of Deadwood and Carnivale would be awesome!
Flag
BRING BACK HAPPY ENDINGS AND PLACE IT IN A BETTER SLOT :)
Flag
Friday Night Lights movie
Flag
chuck
Flag
Bunheads (ABC Family really treated that show poorly. Fortunately most of the cast has new gigs in progress or starting soon.), Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls (Thank you TV.COM for tipping me off to this show in a previous article. I checked it out on DVD and loved it.) I haven't seen some of these shows so I'll have to check them out.
Flag
I so want some network to pick up "Leverage" just a great show each of the five main characters inherently have their own distinction, and the chemistry among all of them is rarely seen across an entire cast. Usually you get one distinct character to focus on, in "Leverage" you get five to seven that fit intricately into a masterful showcase that was taken from us far to soon.
Flag
I'm down with Secret Circle and Enlighted.
I'd also welcome the return of Don't Trust The B...
Flag
Pushing Daisies. Pushing Daisies. Pushing Daisies and Intelligence. Oh, have I mentioned Pushing Daisies?
Flag
Almost Human!!!!

And: Lie to me, Stargate Universe, Awake, The Tomorrow People, The Fades, Dead like me, Sherlock.

And also: Do Legend of the Seeker over, but with the quality of Game of Thrones, boy did they mess up that gem. Restart Torchwood, but only if it is produced by the BBC. Ask Bryan Henson to do another mind-blowing scifi show like Farscape, or reboot/spin-off Farscape. And Star Trek…I am loving the movies to much to imagine a tv series…so no to that one…I can't believe I just said that...
Flag
enlisted - definately
firefly - to long gone now, plus they killed off characters in the film
last resort - meh, definately stuff to resolve but again meh
rubicon - was a good show, would be a good show to bring back
southland - dont agree, was an excellent show but ran its course and i think it ended pretty well
trophy wife - definately, how this managed to get canceled ill never understand

how about more comedies? There just not enough decent comdies around any more they keep canning all the good ones.
Go on - excellent heart felt comedy always made me laugh
back in the game - there was plenty of room for this to mature
the Micheal J fox show - was getting better and better, another heart felt warm fuzzy family comedy
mind games - would of like to have seen where this went
revolution - not excellent tv but had some decent threads , would of liked to see the march towards defeating the patriots
rake - maybe, had potential
legit - another how the hell did this get canceled
almost Human - most definately
intelligence - really liked this
Flag
Siberia!
Flag
ER
Flag
Leverage, Almost Human, Intelligence, Dracula, Spin off to Burn Notice, Primeval, The Dresden Files, Firefly, Angel/Buffy Spin-Off with Spike
Flag
Revive Fringe! Whether it's a movie or 6th season - JUST DO IT!
FRINGE
FRINGE
FRINGE
Flag
Firefly, Terra Nova, Enlisted, Pushing Daisies, Stargate, Dead Like Me, Legend of the Seeker, Xena, Alphas, Save Me, Fringe, Sanctuary, Primeval, The Almighty Johnsons, Go On, Human Target, The Dresden Files, Sea Patrol, City Homicide...
Flag
Firefly
veritas: the quest
Terra Nova
Almost Human
Stargate
Alcatraz
Enlisted
intelligence
Flag
Caprica
T:SCC
Stargate (under any franchise even a new one)
Highlander
Monk
Pushing Daisies
Tomorrow People
Firefly
Terranova
Alcatraz
V
Reaper
Alphas
Jericho

and last but not least by a long shot:

3rd rock From the Sun
Flag
REVOLUTION! Please...
Flag
Firefly absolutely. Wherever there is a kick starter or rumors of dead shows coming back to life, browncoats will always be there screaming "PLEASE JOSS PLEASE!"
Flag
LOST!!!!!!!!!! JK!!!

Alphas was really imho! Almost Human could really be a nice show if showrunners weren't such a bunch of chickens!
Flag
Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles!
Flag
Happy Endings and Middleman! Deffo.
Flag
I was really into Dead Like Me (the movie was not as satisfying as expected) and Drive was in my opinion quite valid. Whatever happened with Touch? I loved it...
Flag
The movie sucked. A very, very poor end to an interesting project. As for Drive, I thought I was the only person who ever watched that! Emma Stone on TV!
Flag
I would love for them to bring The Legend of the Seeker back I absolutely love that show and it shouldn't have been cancelled, it had so much more life in it. Part of me wants to say please save The Secret Circle but then another part of me wants the actors to stay on their current shows (teen wolf, under the dome and the leftovers). Others would be alphas, dark angel, almost human, and believe.
Flag
I loved Firefly, but with Nathan Fillion in Castle and it doing as well as it is, and Adam Baldwin now in The Last Ship, it won't happen in the next decade.
Threshold would be my choice.
I was probably one of the few that watched it, and it was probably way too confusing for most (It was probably too confusing for X-Files fans), but with Peter Dinklage's new popularity (well deserved I might add) and GOT ending in a couple of years, Brent Spiner, who is always great in these type of shows, it could do great coming back... that is if the aliens didn't take us all over.
Flag
Threshold started a little too slow and by the time it sped up it was too late...or am I thinking of Invasion?? or both??
Flag
No that was the issue. Never saw Invasion, but probably another show that died too early.
Flag
Some of my top picks are Wonderfalls (best fantasy show ever), Pushing Daisies, Legend of the Seeker, Caprica, Roswell, Brimstone, Reaper (that cliffhanger!) and Wolf Lake, just to name a few. I would have said Heroes (my all-time favorite show), but it's getting a resurrection as a miniseries, so YAY! I can take that off the list. :D

And this doesn't really count as a resurrection because it's a miniseries rather than a show, but The 10th Kingdom is my favorite movie of all time, and even though it wrapped everything up, it left the door wide open for a sequel, which 14 years after it aired, has yet to happen. Fairy tales and fantasy are so popular right now, it's the PERFECT time for House of Wolves (the unwritten but outlined sequel that writer Simon Moore told a fan about in his response to a fan-letter). I've got it all worked out:

Since T10K aired on NBC, and NBC owns SciFi Channel (which is pretty much the only channel that does big SciFi/fantasy "event" miniseries anymore, sadly), SciFi could rerun The 10th Kingdom with some cheesy tagline like "Before Once Upon a Time/Grimm/what have you, there was... The 10th Kingdom." Then if it gets good enough ratings, they could FINALLY make that sequel. Maybe it'd be shorter, have a smaller budget, have a new cast, but as long as Simon Moore wrote it, you can be sure the T10K family/fandom would be all over it. :D

Me and my family watched it when it first aired (I was just nine at the time), and we have loved it ever since. We get together and watch it once a year together. It's also my best friend's favorite movie; it's what bonded us in the first place. I can't put into words what it means to me, and I know other T10K fans feel the same. &3

And we're still waiting for that sequel!
More+
Flag
Reaper. There's one I kinda miss. Light fare, but very entertaining. Alas, Missy is holding down the fort on Rookie Blue, hardly a future classic but probably a decent paycheck.
Flag
invasion!!!
Flag
Alphas and Firefly absolutely. One or two seasons definitely not enough. Terriers, yeah, but at least it felt finished. You forgot Dark Angel and Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles, both of which ended in cliffhangers. I would add Life, with Damien Lewis as well, although it did wrap up it's two season arc quite nicely.
Flag
Almost Human!

That is all ;)
Flag
Pretty much everything you listed, but I'll also include Jericho, Carnivale, Awake and Go On.
Flag
Yes, Awake was an interesting show which clearly rushed into an unstaisfying ending after notification of cancellation. It deserved a better finale.
Flag
Actually, I'm not dissatisfied with Awake's ending. I think they did an interesting creative choice once they knew they were going to be cancelled. The ending reminded me of Life on Mars (the British version, nothing to do with the American one), another show I loved. But I would like to know where the show would have gone if it had lasted at least a couple of seasons more.
Flag
If I could resurrect one show it would be the A&E version of Nero Wolfe...
Flag
Totally on board with The Secret Circle. But then again The CW does this all the time, a great show is here one minute and then gone the next. The Tomorrow People needs to be brought back as well because those last few episodes were when this started to get good.
Flag
The tomorrow people was a great show and Luke Mitchell was brilliant as John they never should have cancelled it, I just hope he gets a role in another series maybe The 100 I could see him in that.
Flag
- Enlightened. Yes! It was way too good to end after only two seasons.

- Pushing Daisies. OMG! Yes, one of my favourite shows of all time! It was so colourful and quirky! Love!

-Trophy Wife. That show was really funny. I was actually shocked when they canned it. It needs to come back! ASAP!
Flag
I need to throw Jericho on to this list as well.
Flag
CW's Star Crossed is one of the most creative shows I have seen in a very long time. The story line is more than just a romance, it has meaningful lessons about tolerance, understanding and portrays history, Little Rock Nine anyone? I feel CW made a hugh mistake in canceling Star Crossed and thousands of fans worldwide wish someone would pick it up.
Flag
Personally, I felt Star Crossed was a little heavy-handed with its treatment of racism. Good guys and bad guys rather than frail, faulty humans dealing with issues they are not well-equipped to handle. I expected more in this day and age. Moral ambiguity isn't just a creative choice. It's a recognition of our current reality.
Flag
Love to see Star-Crossed picked up. I've heard Yahoo only buys comedies. It would be great if they branch out into other genres.
Flag
mmm Firefly and Rubicon from that list... far too late for Firefly now, but Rubicon, maybe...?
Flag
I would make Yahoo my home page AND primary email if it meant that Happy Endings was still a show.
Flag
Yahoo was able to save Community because contracts hadn't yet expired, they got lucky, grabbing a high(ish)-profile project that had just be canned and held away from Netflix and Amazon Prime by Hulu's phony interest and struck at the last moment when the iron was rocket hot. Community doesn't have high production costs so it's right up their alley, it's just talent costs in front of and behind the camera, and the show never did well enough to inflate those to epic proportions, making it the perfect show for an up-and-comer like Yahoo to get a piece of that. That is a recipe for the proverbial "perfect storm", they're not going to get another opportunity like that for a while, and none of these shows would work out that way.

I guess I just don't see the point to living in fantasy, getting hopes up knowing for sure they'll come to nothing.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members