Firefly Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

How'd you get into Firefly?

B-MaN003

[21]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 12

well basically I heard from friends that the movie "Serenity" was good

Since I never saw the series before, I decided to watch it first and then watch the movie. After the first episode of Firefly....I was HOOKED!!! Love the show to death (became a Summer Glau fan ), thought the movie was great (was a little sad on the characters that died), and now I got one of my friends obsessed about the show as well.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvrev

[22]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 23
    after watching the flim

alison_974

[23]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 17
    Telkiar wrote:
    Well. This is a fact AND a rumor: There may be two more movies one day. Morena Baccarin apparently signed on for a trilogy of Serenity movies. It'd make snese if you were hoping for more movies, get the actors to agree up front to three, then try to get the bigwigs to sign in, too.
    So there may still be hope for atleast a sequal.

What I hated most was Australia got Serenity a day and a half before the rest of the world. I missed out on premire, though.
    Next time though. Front of the line, day one, Possibly in the brownest coat I have (Driza-bone all the way)

I would defnitely try to make it to a premiere.... a trilogy would be great. I didn't know what it was then so i idn't pay much attention... i just remember seeing the trailer on tv, the line Mal-"you wanna run this ship" Jaybe"Yes" Mal-"Wel... you can't"... that was what made me want to see it, it looked funny, i don't remember much else about the trailer though

Telkiar

[24]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    Lol, I used that trailor to hook a few people, mainly my brother.
    And that scene in the train job:
    "Here's all the money Nishka gave us... (And so on)"
    "Keep it and use the money on a funeral, because the last thing you'll ever see is my knife"
    "Oh well"
    *kicks him into the engine*
    "Here's the money Nishka gave us..."
    "Yes. yes i understand, we're good"

That hooked some more people

alison_974

[25]Jan 5, 2007
    hehehe... i really like the quote in your sig too.

SMGslayer97

[26]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 34
    alison_974 wrote:
    hehehe... i really like the quote in your sig too.

Hilarious Jayne line, he's hilarious in that episode.

alison_974

[27]Jan 7, 2007
    Jayne's hilarious in every episode LOL
    Pretty cunning don't you think.

masterofaeons

[28]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 15
    After everything was over and I heard that fans were so crazy for the show it was starting the movement for a movie, I decided I needed to give it a shot. I then proceeded to get ALL of my friends into it and we stormed the theater opening night. After that, I watched all of Buffy then all of Angel. After I finished Angel, I went straight to the TV.com boards and noobed out.

I'm out there still preaching, wearing my shirts labeled "Browncoat" and "Joss Whedon is my Master now". I try to keep the signal going.

DungeonDragon18

[29]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 10

most of the guys in my Dungeons and Dragons group were fans of the show, and constantly reccomended that I watch it. so I borrowed a copy from the library, watched the pilot episode and was immediately hooked. but then the stupid DVD started messing up during the second episode, and I couldn't watch any more. so I got my own copies of both Firefly and Serenity for my birthday, and I'm currently about halfway through the series.

alison_974

[30]Jan 13, 2007
    i hope your birthday was only a couple of days ago...LOL... the first time i watched the series i watched it in two or three days, i immediately regretted this when i had no more episodes to watch, but on the plus side, i could then rewatch them all over again!

kronikaid

[31]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    One of my brothers (who's opinions and taiste are on average just complete crap to the best of my judgement) suggested I watch it and after about 20 minutes of him attempting to convince me (mostly because off the bat he stated that it was created By Joss Whedon......Buffy..*cringe*) he used the words "I think you'd like it" which is a phrase within my family that I've never seen proved wrong...and now it's right there next to the likes of Arrested Development, Deadwood, Carnivalle, The Sopranos and the 1st 3 seasons of Family Guy on my "the single best show ever" list. Considering the amount of TV I watched during it's air life, it's really messed up that I didn't hear of it untill 2005.

thoughtsofjapan

[32]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 5
    My dad is a truck driver, so he doesn't get to watch tv shows when they come on, so I record them for him. At the start of fall seasons, I tell him about all the shows that are premiering that season, and he tells me which he'd like to have recorded for him, and I take care of the scheduling (we have alot of tvs, and alot of vcrs, so I can record two shows at the same time), and he happened to like Firefly's premise. I recorded every episode for him, but never really watched them. It wasn't until the DVD for the series came out, and I watched it with my dad, that I realized how great it was. We went to see Serenity at midnight the morning it came out. We even went to Walmart at midnight the morning they released Serenity on DVD. I even got a copy of "Done The Impossible" to my dad, so he could watch it. Since then i've followed the cast in what they are doing nowadays, though I don't watch Standoff.

Lythac

[33]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 1

Well I was looking up firefly for pic on google for a tatoo saw a pic of mal and thought to myself hey isn't that dude caleb from buffy clicked got a little review of it found times it was on and started watching it and thought to myself

"this is friggin awesome"

LMH68

[34]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 57
    Watched Firefly because was a fan of Joss Whedon from Buffy & Angel.

Never looked back.

Serenity - how sci fi films should be made.

tallly

[35]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    One of my friends, who watched Buffy and Angel, brought it over one day...
    Let's just say, she had to wait till i was done with the whole thing before i'd give it back to her...
    After that, we watched Serenity once or twice... or like 10 times ^^

cittiecatte

[36]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 7
    I was actually just flipping chanels one night with 15 mins to kill before having to pick someone up and I came across a 'witch' burning scene and thought "huh whats this?". As soon as I saw a spaceship and heard the line 'Shes our witch and we want her back" I was hooked, Space Western! I then pretty much did my best to not miss anymore episodes but some IDIOT at fox went and canceled it shortly after, man was I pissed.
    When it came out on DVD I actually spent a whole day dragging my fiance going from store to store to find a copy as most places only had a total 3 or less but were sold out, however every place was happy to 'order' it for me. [*note most places dont like when you say 'I need it today right now, I'll just go somewhere else'] while he whined about how all this trouble had better be worth it. We ended up finding a copy highly overpriced at suncoast, later that night after watching disc one the fiance told me making him watch Firefly was the smartest thing Ive ever done. I still do my best to convert people in fans.

gabfan31

[37]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 100
    beachball417 wrote:

I saw that the movie Serenity was out in theaters and had really good reviews, and since it was sci-fi I thought I'd see it.  After it was over I was so intrigued, and found out there was show that the movie was based on, so I bought the series on dvd and have been loving it ever since.

Me too, except I was also a faithful (but not Faithful) Buffy fan, and watched Angel regularly until they introduced Connor. I had actually seen about 15 minutes of the first Saffron episode, and really liked it, but I was too busy friday nights to watch regularly, and then they cancelled it. But I bought the dvds, and the movie, and would love to spend more of my hard earned pay if those CRETINS!!! at FOX or otherwise would bring it back! Pretty please with strawberries on top?!

KutieKity

[38]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 6
    It all started when I went to see Serenity at the theater and absolutely loved it. My boyfriend and I were dying for more so the next day we went out and bought Firefly on DVD. We still want more. Hopefully in the form of another movie Wishful thinking.

keturah1013

[39]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 13
    kronikaid wrote:
    mostly because off the bat he stated that it was created By Joss Whedon......Buffy..*cringe*)

I have never, ever, ever been even remotely a fan of Buffy. I would rather gouge out my own eyes than watch it. Anyway, I have a couple of online friends who are Browncoats and they talk about it all the time so when I saw it at EzyDVD for $30 I bought it and watched it. And I fell in love.

ChicksHateMe

[40]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 8
    I actually got into it from Reading here on TV.com. I looked for series' that got high ratings and then read about them. I am not really into space SCI-FI much, but saw FireFly on the list, and people with the nics Related to FireFly so I read about it. Still wasn't sure if I'd like it, but eventually checked it out, and it was great. I want more...