FOX (ended 2002)

How'd you get into Firefly?

fatfreeoreos

[161]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 40
    lazyjay wrote:
    Igarka wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

OK, I'm now going through everybody's posts, and I know this is ancient news,

But...

Joss Whedon did Toy Story???? Dude, I gotta watch Toy Story again! I loved that movie, and I'm blown away Joss Whedon wrote it!

Wow...

Kat

If I remember it correctly they had problems with the script and hired Joss to "fix" it.

I'm convinced "You're a sad, strange little man." has to be a Joss line.

You're probably right. You should ask him on Whedonesque or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fatfreeoreos

[162]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 40
    I just happened to be flipping through the channels one day a couple years ago and I saw that Sci-Fi was having a marathon of some show called Firefly. I was lucky enough that I caught it from the beggining as they were playing the original Serenity pilot and The Train Job. I stopped watching before the next episode started because I already knew I wanted the DVDs and I wanted to watch them all on there.

jedihiro

[163]Apr 22, 2010
    • level: 1

Well, I am an avid reader of XKCD, and Randall Munroe writer of the XKCD comics is a Brown Coat, so to get some of the jokes in his comics, I decided to watch the show. What's funny is that I laughed when River said "this food is problematic," because I finally get a Firefly themed XKCD comic.

spikemaniac

[164]May 6, 2010
    • level: 50
    charlottedotcom wrote:
    Nathan Fillion was in it

That one. Also, Joss Whedon.

Starprincess13

[165]May 31, 2010
    • level: 24

I was put onto Buffy a while ago. That plus my new like for Nathan Fillion after seeing him in Castle led to me giving Firefly a shot. I actually just finshed watching all the episodes yesterday and fell in love. I plan on seeing the movie as soon as possible.

AllieAllie

[166]Jul 3, 2010
    • level: 22

First I started watching Buffy. I had watched a few episodes a few years ago but my friend got me to try it again. I loved that and Angel, so I wanted to check out Joss' other shows. My friend says Firefly's somehow connected to the buffyverse too, but I'm still not sure how, I've only watched the first three episodes maybe it will get clearer later on?

WolfgalX

[167]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 22

My mom was watching the movie one day and I happened to wander in. Which means I got everything spoilered (?) to me before it happened, but I loved it anyways.

novasheep

[168]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 2
    Well I actually caught the first couple of episodes when it first aired; I didn't like it at first. I know blasphemy right?

A few years later my roommate and I wanted to check out serenity. I knew what it was based on and the trailers look good. After watching and really liking the movie I went out and bought the dvd set. Been a huge fan ever since!

Love the show!

lazyjay

[169]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 30
    AllieAllie wrote:

First I started watching Buffy. I had watched a few episodes a few years ago but my friend got me to try it again. I loved that and Angel, so I wanted to check out Joss' other shows. My friend says Firefly's somehow connected to the buffyverse too, but I'm still not sure how, I've only watched the first three episodes maybe it will get clearer later on?

Story wise there is no connection to the Buffy-verse, but Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal) played Caleb on Buffy, and Summer Glau (River) was the Prima Ballerina from the Angel episode "Waiting in the Wings" and Gina Torres (Zoe) was Jasmine from Angel and Adam Baldwin (Jayne) was Hamilton on Angel. Jonathan Woodward guest starred on both Buffy (Holden Webster from Conversations with Dead People) and Firefly (Tracey from The Message) and played the semi-regular character Knox in the 5th season of Angel.

novasheep wrote:
    I didn't like it at first. I know blasphemy right?

I don't even know how to talk to you. *dramatically turns away*
    novasheep wrote:
    Love the show!

That's better.

Nagowteena

[170]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 13

I read a lot of comments from people all over the internet talking about how awesome it was, and I wanted to see what all of the hype was about. Watched it on hulu, and loved every second of it!Laughing

lare84

[171]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 38

Word of mouth from friends.

lilnicky482

[172]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 8

Watched it due to boredom on NetFlix , little did I know that I would turn me into a Joss Whedon fanatic!

NiallB31

[173]Nov 13, 2010

I heard about the show but it was never shown here in Ireland on any of the Irish channels but the UK showed it but I never saw it so I decided to buy the series on DVD and I have loved the show ever since.

DJWoodbine

[174]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 4

I had no idea Firefly even existed until I heard about serenity. So I saw Joss was making serenity I got interested heard about firefly and I absolutely loved it, best sci fi I have ever seen and was so sad to know it only had 1 season.

Was/is a masterpiece.

kepa55

[175]Jan 27, 2011

Watched Buffy, enjoyed it hugely. Started somewhat reluctantly watching Angel, loved it about as much. So I had to check if Firefly had that same magic. And yup, it did.

CappinHoff

[176]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 5

Recently finished Andromeda and was looking for more obscure sci-fi shows. Found Firefly and currently watching it. Already watched Serenity.

Tiingeling

[177]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 6
    My roommates made me watch it. "It's great. You'll love it." It's not the first time they done it, sometimes they're right, somethime they're wrong. This time they were really, really right. We watched all the episodes and they kept telling me about behind-the-scenes trivia they know, about the cancellation of the show, about role playing books they had and so on and so on. It was kinda cool.
    I'm currently introducing a friend of mine to the show. She loves it too. Almost feel like returning a favor.