Firefly Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Second Serenity Film

  • Avatar of mathewb

    mathewb

    [1]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 01/20/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 67
    i have heard they r doing a second film
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MichaudMR

    MichaudMR

    [2]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 03/22/06
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 429
    That would definitely be a good thing.....but I'll believe it when I see it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of keturah1013

    keturah1013

    [3]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,090
    They're making a second Serenity movie the same way they're making a second X Files movie...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [4]Feb 22, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    You might have heard wrong, it has been said that Joss had planned on making Serenity a trilogy having signed on the cast memebers for three pictures but I believe that planned has long since been scrapped.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spacekicker

    spacekicker

    [5]Feb 23, 2007
    • member since: 11/18/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 90
    I've heard it's not going to happen. If it did however, I'd love to see it as a swashbuckling romance between the captain and Inara.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dregj

    dregj

    [6]Feb 26, 2007
    • member since: 01/02/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 326
    surley he could con some suckers into funding one last film
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AZbookgal

    AZbookgal

    [7]Feb 26, 2007
    • member since: 12/25/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 36

    To quote the Bedlam Bards:  "Trilogy, O trilogy, I want my trilogy, Don't stop at one, Don't stop at two, Gorramit, gimme three!" 

    I hope someday it happens!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of salsasharkprod

    salsasharkprod

    [8]Feb 26, 2007
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 6
    Joss made two blogs last year on the topic of a second film.
    "There's no sequel, no secret project regarding Serenity or somesuch and I'm not even sure how anyone thought there was talk there. I've seen Nathan and Tim (and Summer and Alan) recently because they're my friends because I'm so, yeah, awesome. So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow."

    "Holy Mother of Oats! I turn my back for five minutes (that's how long it takes to admire my lovely back) and the interweb goes banoonoos! Isn't there any ACTUAL news to get wrong? Sorry about all this; it might be best if I just stay off the computer for a while....Here's a thing: when Firefly was cancelled, my heart got broke. Sounds a bit much, but it changed me. Not even Serenity could patch that wound. I'm wearier, warier -- after all those years as a movie writer, you'd think I'd be prepared for another lesson on my unimportance in the scheme of things, but I wasn't....All these rumor of projects or the death of projects... When the two worlds align and something actually happens, whatever it is, you guys know I'll be on this site as soon as I'm allowed to be. And I'll be very very clear. There is no news. Not never, just now."

    Right now, not a lot of hope for a second or a third film. However, there are supposed to be a new line of Serenity comics coming out this fall that are supposed to take place during the Firefly timeline.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Resist_or_Serve

    Resist_or_Serve

    [9]Mar 2, 2007
    • member since: 06/30/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 259
    keturah1013 wrote:
    They're making a second Serenity movie the same way they're making a second X Files movie...

    Agreed, I have been waiting for a second x Files movie for over two years (really i have lost count of how long it has been) so I wont get my hopes up on a second "serenity" movie. If it happens i will be quite ecstatic however i wont be expecting one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [10]Mar 3, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573

    Resist_or_Serve wrote:
    keturah1013 wrote:
    They're making a second Serenity movie the same way they're making a second X Files movie...
    Agreed, I have been waiting for a second x Files movie for over two years (really i have lost count of how long it has been) so I wont get my hopes up on a second "serenity" movie. If it happens i will be quite ecstatic however i wont be expecting one.

     I believe Joss abandoned the idea long ago, though I do remember reading somewhere he always intended for Serenity to be part of a trilogy that was scrapped long ago.

    Edited on 03/03/2007 8:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shivkala

    Shivkala

    [11]Mar 3, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 71
    Even if I very much gave up hope on a second BDM, there seems to be some life left in the 'Verse:
    A new special edition of Serenity will be released on DVD (see Joss' post here)
    And a new comic series will come out in September.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [12]Mar 4, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    Shivkala wrote:
    Even if I very much gave up hope on a second BDM, there seems to be some life left in the 'Verse:
    A new special edition of Serenity will be released on DVD (see Joss' post here)
    And a new comic series will come out in September.


    As long as we are all here and as long as all the fans in the world still enjoy the verse then there will always be life in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skye2477

    skye2477

    [13]Mar 10, 2007
    • member since: 07/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,995
    while I don't think there is anything really planned out... I think the new DVD bodes well,a nd as much as it sucks for Joss to be done with WW... it does open him up to other options... so never say never
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of keturah1013

    keturah1013

    [14]Mar 17, 2007
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,090
    Resist_or_Serve wrote:
    keturah1013 wrote:
    They're making a second Serenity movie the same way they're making a second X Files movie...

    Agreed, I have been waiting for a second x Files movie for over two years (really i have lost count of how long it has been) so I wont get my hopes up on a second "serenity" movie. If it happens i will be quite ecstatic however i wont be expecting one.


    Um, FTF came to cinemas in 1998 so we've been waiting about 8 years for another one. I can't believe I only saw it twice at the cinema!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of farscapefanuk

    farscapefanuk

    [15]Mar 20, 2007
    • member since: 03/05/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 1,483
    It would be great if it happened but i fear it never will, or the second movie is many years away.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [17]Mar 26, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    ssa2204 wrote:
    How could anyone be so naive as to belief this train wreck of a show would warrant another movie. Show bombed, movie bombed. People, there is no one left on this planet dumb enough to finance a second film....


    While I don't think a movie will ever be made how can you say the show bombed when there was such a loyal fan base that a movie was made because of them?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of keturah1013

    keturah1013

    [18]Mar 28, 2007
    • member since: 07/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 3,090
    ssa2204 wrote:
    How could anyone be so naive as to belief this train wreck of a show would warrant another movie. Show bombed, movie bombed. People, there is no one left on this planet dumb enough to finance a second film....


    *cough*TROLL*cough*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of petef20

    petef20

    [19]Mar 31, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,166
    While ssa2204 may be a bit blunt, he has a point. As brilliant as the show and film were, it'll be difficult to get a production company to back it if there's little to suggest that it'll make much money.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [20]Mar 31, 2007
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    Well honestly I think we all knew that after Serenity didn't do as well as we had all thought it would that a second film was really out of the question especially seeing as we were so lucky just to get Serenity at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.