Firefly Forums

FOX (ended 2002)

Why oh why did it end?

Tinkerbellv101

[1]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 8

I loved this show! I am so sad it ended i could tell it would have been an awsome Joss series. When the show ended i was so sad i am glad they made a movie but i still wish there was more of the show. Because even though i loved the movie the episodes where my fav. I love the cooky storylines and the awsome character relationships.

Zoe and Wash were such a cute married couple ( I was so sad when he died in the movie). Mal and Inara where such and awsome love hate but mostly hate jk relationship ( I hated that she left serenity even though she comes back in the movie). Kaylee and Simon where my favorite because she so cute and he so serious and always a gentlemen ( Im so glad they hooked up in the movie).

Simon: "My one regret in all of this, is never being with you."

Kaylee: "With me? You mean to say...sex?"

Simon: "I mean to say."

Kaylee: "Hell with this...I'm gonna live!"

I really hope they make another movie! Or Joss uses his awsome super powers to have it continued! I manly watch shows for the relationships and all the relationships in Firefly were the best! I wich they made someone for Jayne and then eventually for River too!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

exterminator25

[2]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 27
    As much as I want another Firefly movie, I think the movie was a good ending to the series (considering it never got the chance for a proper television ending) and how would the story successfully continue into another movie? The film was about wrapping up the storyline, giving it a proper ending to the whole River on the run storyline.

Tinkerbellv101

[3]Feb 12, 2010
    Yes i see what your saying. I am glad that the movie left me satisfied but i wish that the show had a longer run. And i didnt really think about it before but your right they couldnt make another movie because they pretty much destroyed the alliance with truth and justice! But i still wish the show had a longer run.

exterminator25

[4]Feb 12, 2010
    I know. Joss Whedon said on the DVD Commentary that he had a seven year plan for Firefly, and listening to how he spoke of the show, he appeared to love it more than anything he had done before.

ana_jovanovic

[5]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 12

exterminator25 wrote:
    As much as I want another Firefly movie, I think the movie was a good ending to the series (considering it never got the chance for a proper television ending) and how would the story successfully continue into another movie? The film was about wrapping up the storyline, giving it a proper ending to the whole River on the run storyline.

The movie only answered one of the questions from the series, the origin of the Reavers. But there is at least one more large arc that was left dangling in the air if you will. And that means at leas one more movie would be possible (the return to TV format is not). And that is the uncovering of the Blue Sun corporation and their involvement in the entire 'Verse...

But unfortunately, I think it's safe to say we will never ever see get to anything else Firefly from the works of Mr. Joss Whedon.

exterminator25

[6]Feb 13, 2010
    ana_jovanovic wrote:

exterminator25 wrote:

The movie only answered one of the questions from the series, the origin of the Reavers. But there is at least one more large arc that was left dangling in the air if you will. And that means at leas one more movie would be possible (the return to TV format is not). And that is the uncovering of the Blue Sun corporation and their involvement in the entire 'Verse...

But unfortunately, I think it's safe to say we will never ever see get to anything else Firefly from the works of Mr. Joss Whedon.

Actually, that's not true. Joss Whedon confirmed that he would release one more Firefly comic book, detailing the past of Shepherd Book. So thats another mystery we'll get an answer to.

Tinkerbellv101

[7]Feb 13, 2010
    Wait they have firefly comics???? OMG i want then i want them!!! I will get them! I really hope he does because i want to know about Book's past too he was really mysterious! Also even thought in the movie they then outed the alliance i still think Joss had a bigger purpose for River!

exterminator25

[8]Feb 14, 2010
    Yes, there's firefly comics. 2 are already out. The first took place between the end of Firefly and the beginning of Serenity, showing what happened to the Hands of Blue, why Shepherd Book left and the return of Agent Dobson (from pilot episode)

The second comic I haven't read, but is about the crew striking it rich

Tinkerbellv101

[9]Feb 14, 2010
    what's the frist comic called? i went to borders to look for some but there where lots of different firefly stuff and i didnt know which one to start with...

ana_jovanovic

[10]Feb 15, 2010
    exterminator25 wrote:
    ana_jovanovic wrote:

exterminator25 wrote:

Actually, that's not true. Joss Whedon confirmed that he would release one more Firefly comic book, detailing the past of Shepherd Book. So thats another mystery we'll get an answer to.

Should've been more clear. Nothing TV/movie...

I know about the comics and the two already out r great, but... u know...

ana_jovanovic

[11]Feb 15, 2010

Tinkerbellv101 wrote:
    what's the frist comic called? i went to borders to look for some but there where lots of different firefly stuff and i didnt know which one to start with...

First one is "Those left behind", second "Better days"

Tinkerbellv101

[12]Feb 16, 2010
    Thanks!!! I can't wait to read me some Firefly!

canyb52

[13]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 1

I AGREE, WHY DID IT END SO SOON??? IT WAS A FANTASTIC SHOW, THAT i STARTED WATCHING ON-LINE FROM THE 1ST EPISODE AND COULDN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE NEXT AND THE NEXT AND THEN WHEN I DISCOVERED THERE WERE ONLY A FEW EPISODES TOTAL I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Edited on 02/16/2010 2:46pm

canyb52

[14]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 1
    WAIT...THERE WAS A MOVIE? IS IT ON-LINE TO WATCH? PLEASE ADVISE

Tinkerbellv101

[15]Feb 16, 2010

OMG yess you have to watch the movie!!!! You wont feel complete without it! Its called Serenity and baby i even got the link for you!

http://www.movies-links.tv/movies/serenity/

Watch the movie!!! Its awsome! Its the frist cancled show to make a movie or at least i think it is!

Edited on 02/16/2010 10:17pm

lazyjay

[16]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 30
    Tinkerbellv101 wrote:

OMG yess you have to watch the movie!!!! You wont feel complete without it!

And even with it you'll feel there's something missing. But yes. Really. Watch Serenity.

Tinkerbellv101

[17]Feb 17, 2010
    OMG its awful just talking about firefly makes me want more and more! God i love Joss! I've seen Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse and of chorse Firefly. If there are any other shows done by him can someone tell me! I want to watch everything he's done!

lazyjay

[18]Feb 18, 2010
    • level: 30
    Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. It's nothing short of brilliant. It's not a full blown episodic show, but a short 45 minute musical released online. It used to be on Hulu, but not anymore. Here's the first part of the first act on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g
    (You can also buy the DVD from amazon and in most retailers now)

Igarka

[19]Feb 21, 2010
    Yes Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is a must for any Joss fan. It too is Amazing.

Frenz9

[20]May 9, 2010
    • level: 10
    Because network execs made just as bad choices back then, as they do now.