Firefly

Out of Gas

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 2002 on FOX

• A nice flashback episode, but a bit too heroic and overdone.

7.6
    As the episode was starting, it seems to me, that it would be a typical "we are have no gas/fuel, we are stranded/helpless" where everybody just sit around, do deep conversations and no action happens. But i was surprised to see that it wasn't.
    The episode begins from the end sequence, and shows then, how it came to this point. The idea is not new, but brings more change to a "out of gas"-episode. Some action is there too. And of course the whole flashbacks to past, in which we can learn how Mal hired each member of the crew. Hiring of the mechanic surprised me a bit x-) i thought she were more... innocent x-) whatever, the last of the flashbacks where we see as the seller shows Mal a big-*ss ship telling how good it is, Mal ws looking at this firefly-class transport... pretty sentimental scene...

Two things i found exaggerated - as mal put the syringe in his breast and as he decided to stay alone at serenity, exaggerated, too heroic, don't like such stuff. People ain't acting so in real life.