Fish Hooks Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

Why are people saying this is another Spongebob.

Toonrater21

[1]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 19

I've seen episodes of Fish Hooks and have yet to see anything that reminded me of SpongeBob. The only thing I did noticed is compered to "SpongeBob" "Fish Hooks" has interesting characters. Remember "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack", that cartoon felt like I was watching another spongebob then this show does. I read someone say that the Fish Hooks episode where Milo gets a ninja bodyguard is a resemblance to spongebob. Why because it involves karate underwater?

Edited on 03/02/2011 3:23pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Boolia

[2]Mar 1, 2011
    • level: 23
    I think because the setting is underwater just like SpongeBob and there's fish in it.
    Edited on 03/01/2011 8:20pm

nicknameless101

[3]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 25

The setting may be underwater and have aquatic creatures in it, but there's no sponge, starfish, jellyfish, or most other species featured in SpongeBob Squarepants.

LunaGirl196

[4]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 4

I think one thing that causes issues is the fact that C.H. Greenblat is a director for this show and he worked a lot on Spongebob before moving on to his own show Chowder and later this one.

But the characters live in a world that's a lot different than Spongebob's and a huge amount of the characters act differently than the characters in Spongebob as well. The only character that's hard to defend is Mr. Baldwin who looks and half the time acts like Squidward without his snobby traits.

People need to forget about Spongebob because it's gone on for too long, the first couple of seasons were great and something that this show hasn't gotten up to yet, but Spongebob sucks now because there's no effort or ideas left and it's being used as a cash cow by Viacom.

Edited on 03/13/2011 10:33am
    Edited 4 total times.

Toonrater21

[5]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 19

LunaGirl196 wrote:

I think one thing that causes issues is the fact that C.H. Greenblat is a director for this show and he worked a lot on Spongebob before moving on to his own show Chowder and later this one.

But the characters live in a world that's a lot different than Spongebob's and a huge amount of the characters act differently than the characters in Spongebob as well. The only character that's hard to defend is Mr. Baldwin who looks and half the time acts like Squidward without his snobby traits.

People need to forget about Spongebob because it's gone on for too long, the first couple of seasons were great and something that this show hasn't gotten up to yet, but Spongebob sucks now because there's no effort or ideas left and it's being used as a cash cow by Viacom.

So true.Smile

stui8

[6]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 30

its just that they are fish under water. The similarities really stop there. people are comparing SIU to Hannah Montana and Sonny with a Chance just because there is music and they are on tv which is really stupid. because all three of those shows have nothing incomon

stui8

[7]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 30

LunaGirl196 wrote:

I agree i mean it's been around for 12 years and all it has it 7 ( or 8 idk) seasons? there just like. Ohh i have an idea we can try to make into a script and i have noticed alot seem to come out in specials.

Boolia

[8]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 23
    stui8 wrote:

its just that they are fish under water. The similarities really stop there. people are comparing SIU to Hannah Montana and Sonny with a Chance just because there is music and they are on tv which is really stupid. because all three of those shows have nothing incomon

What's SIU?

doguineta

[9]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 20
    Boolia wrote:
    stui8 wrote:

What's SIU?

Shake It Up. And Toonrate, Flapjack was NOTHING like Spongebob.