Fish Hooks

Disney Channel (ended 2014)

Fish Hooks Fan Reviews (64)

4.9
  • Sponge bob rip off

I'm happy this is canceled its like spongebob + degrassi + Fanboy + FBCC

it sucks its horrible Disney none of your cartoons will never beat spongebob.
  • walt disney would throw up in his grave

also, this is a spongebob ripoff. how dare you rip off the best show on nickelodeon right now. spongebob will last 100 years and this show will last one year.
  • just wow.

Come on guys,its just a cartoon for kids and people who know how to have a good time. And BTW the ended already
  • Disney trying to compete with Spongebob.

While this isn't the worst show on Disney, it certainly isn't the best either. This show is about these highschoolers named Milo, Bea and Oscar who attend a school named Freshwater High School and go through typical high school drama. Been there done that. So this is basically another one of those teen sitcoms except it's animated and revolves around fish. The characters were just bland sterotypes with no characteristics or development and were either boring or annoying. Oscar freaks out too much. Milo is a bumbling moron. Bea is your generic drama queen. The jocks are jerks for the sake of being jerks. The teachers are stereotyped too. None of these characters are likeable, they are much more forgettable.

The storylines are dull and forgettable and usually never make sense, some of them are just rehashes that we've seen happen in other shows.

The humor was the only good thing about the show. It isn't laugh till you do humor but to be fair it did get a few laughs out of me.

The artwork is mediocre, and the characters look ugly. The animation though is good and moves smoothly. I don't however like the fact how they mix live action backgrounds with Flash animation though.

Overall, this show tried to be successful like Spongebob Squarepants but just failed. I was happy when this show was cancelled. It is a Spongebob rip off with hardly any redeems.
  • its ok.

hey, im a very odd person, as u may know from my other laugh at things that are stupid and make fun of them. its rare that i laugh at an actual joke.

sometimes ill laugh, just like when my little brother got the lego movie and watches it 10 times a day, the only time that i laugh really hard at it now is when the blind grandpa says, "emmet, you didn't let me finish earlier, because i just LOL! anyway this isnt complete crap. its not usually broing. but i never see it on tv anymore. boo. but not as good as impractical jokers.
  • A bad low for disney

2.5
    I couldn't watch this but the theme song was annoying and I was like shut up! shut up! expectantly the la la la part, I cannot stand that annoying theme song so i ignored while it on TV!
  • This belongs on cartoon network

Seriously, this show is a rip off of Sponge Bob and either belongs on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. All this show is about is 3 fishies going to this high school. This show needs to be cancelled.
  • Nope Sorry...

This show is just Lame. It's Pretty Annoying! And why are they Realistic Things in This Show?! It's looks Awful! I'm sorry but i dont like this show so much.
  • This show is pretty lame.

3.5
    From the creator of the god awful almost naked animals, comes a show that is 10x better than crappy teen sitcoms, but at the same time, is very lame. The animation is nothing special, the characters are all generic teenagers, the humour is bland for the most part and the premise is not that original. I only gave this show a chance because I heard that c. h greenblatt (who worked on spongebob, billy and mandy and chowder) was working on this show too. Well, the show turned out to be a huge dissapointment. Don't watch this show. Watch gravity falls, wander over yonder or heck, even phineas and ferb instead.
  • .....

When this show was announced, I was actually really excited that another cartoon besides Phineas and Ferb was on Disney Channel(considering the shit storm was being dropped on DC at the time). But from watching a couple of episodes, my feelings of it let's look at it.

The animation isn't great, but really good for other Flash Animation these days. The designs aren't that fun to look at, and sometimes can be a bit nauseating. The voice actors are great(It's really nice to hear Kyle Massey's voice again). But the characters themselves aren't that wonderful. They could be a lot more creative, they basically work like this:

Geek Friend- Likes friend that's girl secretly

Friend that's Girl-Likes Geek Friend as a brother

Dumb Ass Friend-(Usually Geek's brother) gets into "Hi-Jinks"

The premise of a bunch of Teenage Fish living in a Pet Shop sounds like it could be really fun.

BUT IT TAKES PLACE IN HIGH SCHOOL. *Dun Dun Duuun*

I really don't like that part in particular because that's almost every single Live Action Show on DC today. and the less of that shit the better.

Plus the humor can be a tad slow at some points, and don't really have that much of a satisfying punch-line. Plus the stories can have some potential, but don't really add up to anything that good.

Sometimes the show can have it's moments, but sometimes it doesn't

Hey, at least it isn't Johnny Test.

• This show is annoying

The show is sooo gay take it off already
  • What a stupid show

Worst show on Disney... must be taken off the air now!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have nothing else to say but annoying and awkward.

2.5
    This show is so strange. It's stereotypical, awkward, and just not really unfunny. Everything about this show is just so subpar, the characters, the plots, the animation (which made my eyes bleed). It's just a bland and boring cartoon, in my own opinion. I don't really have much else to say but forgettable, lame, unfunny, and sucky. I really don't like this cartoon and I'll end it here. That, and I hardly have anything to say about this series

This series utterly sucks.
  • An Embarassment to Disney

Disney is a great channel with a lot going for them but this show lacks a storyline, humor, and entertainment. Fish Hooks should be taken off the air now!
  • Dumb and stupid

I thought Jessie was bad till I watched this crap it's stupid dum and they don't even stare straight
  • What the...

Basically, this cartoon isn't funny at all, the plot lines are boring and the characters (specially Oscar and the clam) are annoying and even disturbing.
  • When was the last time Disney Channel made a good Cartoon?

This show just mixes in with Disney's recipe for disaster. This show is not humorous at all.
  • This is...

the worst show I have ever seen.

I've never seen anything more crappy in my life-such a rip off of Spongebob. It belongs on Nickelodeon, not Disney. Either Nickeloden or nonexistance. I can't believe Disney would make such a show.
  • Fish Hooks: Bad & Stupid

Just like the other animated cartoons on Disney Channel, this one is just as stupid and ***ed.
  • Better than "Phineas and Ferb".

This is just a great show! It doesn't belong on Disney Channel it belongs on Cartoon Network. The show started to decrease with "Doggonit" but it really brought itself back up. It's just randomly funny jokes. Heck, I would even compare this to Regular Show. It's Disney's at it's greatest. It's Disney Channel's best animated series of all time (The only one running besides "Phineas and Ferb" and the upcoming "Gravity Falls") Even though the storylines are stupid, at least there stupidly hilarious! Just watch one episode of this show and you will love it. This show just doesn't get the credit it deserves like:

Fish Hooks = Gets no credit (But it's great)
    Phineas & Ferb = Gets all credit (But it just repeats every storyline)

It's the same as Cartoon Network:

Adventure Time = Gets all credit (Sucks, pretty much)
    Regular Show = Gets no credit (Best cartoon of all time).
  • Are you kidding me?

3.5
    Seriously, I thought Phineas and Ferb was a bad show, until I watched this utter crapfest. The story is basically about three fishes going to this high school. While the story does some boring, but most shows know how to spice up their boring premise. That's not the case for the show. The plots themselves are rehashes, and they are not interesting at the least bit, either. As for the characters, they are stereotypical and are as flat as paper. I mean, in Phineas and Ferb, there were at least very basic character development, but they throw that out of the window. Milo tries to act cool, but he isn't at the least bit, and is a complete moron. Oscar is supposed to be a stereotypical nerd or something. Bea is supposed to be the super cool one out of them, but really isn't. Don't even get me started on how stereotypical the bully and the teachers are. The animation itself is OK, but it's nothing new, and doesn't out from other shows. In addition, why is that all the characters have an annoying voice? I'm just asking. The humor itself is unbearable, although it could offer a chuckle or two.

So while the show has its moments, it will offer nothing new to fans of Disney, or to people in general. If you want to see something with humor, go watch SpongeBob SquarePants. At least that show is worth watching.

Presentation: 4.5/10 God, will a modern show ever have originality in their plots or stories.

Animation: 6/10 Decent, but the fact that it doesn't stand out makes the score very lower.

Voice: 2.5/10 Unbearable. All the voices are downright annoying and stereotypical, and the lip syncs seem off.

Entertainment: 3/10 While the show does offer a clever joke, the other portion of jokes are very painful to hear.

Lasting Appeal: 3/10 Does offer moments, but it all goes back to painful humor.

FINAL SCORE: 3.5/10 Awful
  • one word... stereotypes

1.5
    This show sucks. I mean, all the fish on that show are teens in HS but Bea, shellsea, and numerous other fishies act like sterotypical teenagers while milo acts like hes 5 while he supposed to be a lot older than that. Does disney think its funny for some fish dude to act like a toddler? Hmm... anyway the animation is a mixture between real life and cartoon so not a good mix. I think it would be better for everyone if they just took it off disney.
  • This show is my third fave modern cartoon after phineas and ferb and gravity falls

I really really like this show it's very funny I know most people don't like it but I think it rocks mostly milo is funny and bea is very funny cuz she screamed when she saw a regular picture I laughed so much on that episode and I like how oscar is kinda like me we both like video games we both have bros we have some stuff in common
  • just no

this the first disney cartoon that i actually hate the characters are bad and so annoying
  • This Is Torture For Me!

My friend showed me this show a few years ago and it has got to be the most flat, boring show i've ever seen! It didn't help that i had to watch it all day.
  • So, i'm here to come back to this show, and now that I look at it... It doesn't even COMPARE to T&J. (EDITED)

4.5
    First of all, this show REALLY Isn't that good. I KNOW I SAID IT WAS GOOD BEFORE, but things change when you're bsent from for 263 days. But, who's counting? Anyway... this show is bad. I mean, REALLY BAD. It may catch your appeal with certain episodes like Milo Gets a Ninja & Halloween Haul, but overall, it's just overall terrible. Just avoid it at all costs, like Planet Sheen. 4.5/10

Don't expect me to re-review my other Fish Hooks reviews. I am satisfied and this is probably one of the only three re-writes I have planned.
  • Where's the GAAAAAAAAY seal when you need it?

'Nuff said...
  • it's ok...

This show is ALRIGHT, it has funny moments, but isn't as good as Gravity falls. I'm not a fan of the flash animation, it's quite lazy actually, but the drawings aren't terrible which kind of makes up for it. I've seen worse art, it looks like they put in some effort for the art style. Which is better than no effort at all. I like the voice actors, they are all pretty good, and their voices fit the characters perfectly. I wouldn't reccomend this show, but it's NOT horrible, it's kind of cute in a way. But older kids might not like it. Maybe I'm wrong, older kids might watch it, but it seems like around the 10, 11, 12 catergory. This show is fair, if your bored you might watch it. I normally watch it on lazy Sundays.
  • Better than stupid Spongebob

This is so much better than the stupid Spongebob Dorkpants. This is really a cute show. I agree it's not the best as Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls, but it has funny moments.
  • The animation sucks

I have been going around reviewing different animated shows, and this show probably has the worst animation. The real life objects that mix with the show's animation make it quite unattractive. The characters are also annoying as well, especially Milo. An average show at best and nowhere near Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls.