Fist of the North Star

TV Tokyo (ended 2008)

marvelfan89

Fist of the North Star Fan Reviews (13)

7.8
  • This show is fantastic!

It's about a guy named Kenshiro who kicks ass, good characters, kills the villains, good story line, it's so manly and scientific. he's better than the anime characters that I like. Hell he can kill Goku too. He also reminds me of Bruce Lee: The famous martial artist. And there's other anime that relates to this show. It's called Otokojuku. But that's another topic.
  • Real Old School Greatness. Interesting and Uncompromisingly violent But it can be unintentionally Funny too.

The plot In FONS is really paper thin by today's complex standards, Kenshiro is an 8 foot long Bad @ss who stands up against Evil and Injustice. So Kenshiro Basically Just goes around Beating Even Bigger Men (some as big as 12 foot long!) than he is. This Show is Extremely Violent, The animation feels Poor by Today's standards but it is Original, True anime fans will Relish the Old school artwork. Kenshiro is The Original Bad @ss of anime. His enemies are 'Already Dead'. The Combat is Gory and you see body Parts Flying everywhere. The Old animations can make it seem extremely funny. Kenshiro just goes "ATATATATATA" or just makes some hand signs and Squish!. Blood Gushes out his enemies, then he says something and POP!, The enemy's Head pops out. Most of his fights are One sided with Kenshiro Disposing of them even without Laying a hand. There's a good chance you'll love FONS, You'll either like it because it is a Classic anime icon or because it Just goes into the category of "so bad-it's good" Type. Either way This Show Rules....
  • How many times have you got into the conversation of how each anime rips off each other?

The fact is most of what we see in typical fighting animes (DB, Naruto, Bleach) all follow the simple formula set in Hokuto no ken (aka Fist of the North Star).

The story is set in a post apocalyptic future, where the world has descended into chaos where the strong rule. There is one man who chooses to stand up against the tyranny and that is Kenshiro.

FOTNS was famed at the time for being ultra violent, in this day and age though the effects and animation are poor. The sound effects and imagery leaves the rest to the imagination and there is plenty of violence.

The amazing storylines and the quest like nature of the show will draw in plenty of viewers despite the old style animation. The main thing to remember is that if you can get past the poor visuals (that is compared to todays standards) you will certainly be rewarded.
  • Fist of the North Star is a must see!

I believe there are at least 5 titles every serious anime fan should watch and Fist of the North Star is one of them! Fist of the North Star is great! It may fall down a little with the storyline but the overall action will leave a lasting impression on you - believe me when I tell you - It shocked the pants off me when I watched it as a young teenager. It literally set the trend and I think it continues to do so. Just keep in mind its vintage anime (1980's)and it doesn't look as flashy as the new stuff but what it lacks in appearance it makes up for with blood and gore. I had no idea you could make an exploding brain look so real. The good thing about this anime is that it continues to be reinvented and you'll find there are remakes of it all over the place.
  • The most BA martial artist kicks some @*#%!!!

This is a very original, old 80s anime. Just because it is old doesn't mean it has bad quality animation, infact it is smooth and fast paced. It is best described as Bruce-Lee staring in Mad max the animated series. This is a VERY gory show. Kenshiro's body was mutilated by his old friend and rival, Shin. However; he goes on a quest to get revenge and clean up the war-torn wasteland called Earth. Kenshiro is master of a martial art that uses pressure points to basically slowly blow you up from the inside out. He meets other very strong martial artist, including his three other brothers. There are memorable fights such as the fight against Rei and Juuda, both narcisstic fighters, they fight to see who is more beutiful in a mound of quicksand! Althought strange the series gets very interesting when the characters pasts become revieled, and of course, when kenshiro blows everyone up in a waterfall of crimson pain!

Overall, if you have a strong stomach for this kind of thing, i would reccomend it to you!
  • A good but gruesome show

As I said this show was pretty gruesome.. alot of blood and people blowing up and stuff but it is still a good show. Alot of action, kind of like a DBZ show, but they dont take years poweringup. If you like shows like DBZ< but more bloodier, this show if for you!
  • it about kenshiro with a deadly 2000 year old martal art.

this show a classic because of the blood and gore of it.kenshiro is the man because his martel art can killed alot of people.when i first watch it back 2002 i first thought the show had to be a spin off from street fighter because of some of the charecters look like.also when i first shall kenshiro seven scars i tought it was bullet holes.the first eposode i watch was when ken fought maddam patra and drago.when i start watching it i couldn't beleve and the heads was blowing offever since then thats why i start watcing it.
  • Personally, this animation series does not really do the manga justice. Although the show and the manga has been criticised for it's extreme violent content. It teaches the viewers about the consequences of violent behavior. Fist of the North Star

Fist of the North Star is a violent animation to the extreme. Despite that, Fist of the North Star is a show meant for young teens and adults. It drives a hard lesson about the serious consequences of using violence as a solution to problems. And it teaches viewers that martial arts is about restrain, and used only as a last and final resort.
    The story is about a man named Kenshiro, a martial arts disciple and heir to a 2000 year-old martial arts form, Hokuto-Shinken. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic era. And involves a search and rescue of Kenshiro's lover, Julia. In his search, Kenshiro also learns of the survival of his other disciple brothers. A few of whom are jealous of Kenshiro for being chosen as heir. The brother's attempts to better the world by use of their martial arts skill is twarted by Kenshiro. And in the end, the brothers are taught a hard lesson about right and wrong.
  • My thoughts on Fist of the North Star

I really liked Fist of the North Star. The characters were great and the story line was very interesting to watch. This is one of few shows that made me fell like I couldn\'t wait to see what was going to happen next. I wish Action would bring Fist of the North Star back on the air so I could get the chance to see the episodes I missed. The music for the show was great and fitted perfectly for the mood the anime was trying to set. The art and animation for Fist of the North Star was some of the best I seen in all of the older anime I have watched. In all the animes I have watched I can honestly say the voice acting for this show was the best I’ve heard in a long time even better a lot of the anime that are showing today. If you get the chance watch the show you won’t be disappointed.
  • Kenshiro, the sole heir Hokuto Shinken, searches all over the post-apocalyptic wastes for his kidnapped love Julia. Along the way, Ken frees captive villages and will have to face his own brothers who have started the conquest of the desolated world.

I strongly advise this show, and even if you don't become instant fans after viewing the first couple of episodes (which was my case), let me just tell you that the real villain, and one of the most intesresting characters ever, appears after season one. Enjoy.
  • Kenshiro, the sole heir of the 2000 year-old martial art, Hokuto-Shinken, searches all over the post-apocalyptic wastes for his love Julia, kidnapped by his former friend. Along the way, Ken frees captive villages and will have to face his own brothers wh

Hokuto no Ken aka Fist of the North Star is an excellent series but is infortunately often misjudged. While some people focused on criticising a so-called "gratuitous violence", they forgot to see that there was actually something behind. Indeed, we are given a wonderful story, with a psychological depth that cannot be perceived right after viewing the first episode. As the show goes on, the plot gets more serious and the characters increase in profundity, that is to say there are no black-and-white heroes nor villains, which is the strong point of Fist of the North Star. Actually, throughout the story, we manage to see different sides of some major characters, and even though their actions may be despicable, we are free to accept or at least understand some of their choices.

• Practically created/re-defined the strong male lead

Fist of the North Star, or, Hokuto Shin Ken, is definately on of the most influential anime/manga series to appear. Everything that Ken is; his speech pattern, his actions, even his appearance, re-defined what it was to be the hero. You won't be able to find an action anime/manga character that dosen't borrow something from Hara Tetsuo's masterpiece.
  • After a nuclear holocaust, the earth lies in ruin. Kenshiro is the heir of Hokuto Shinken, a deadly martial art. Kenshiro after the loss of his love decides to use his power to protect and avenge the weak from the strong who prey on them.

Fist of the North Star, is perhaps one of the most remembered anime series of all time. Kenshiro is the classic hero in action, standing up against corruption, abuse and violence against all humanity.From the manga from Tetsuo Hara and Buronson, the series was indeed a fist for the eyes. The anime broke grounds into terms of action, animation and violence. It became the series other fighting anime\'s tried to emulate and inspired.

Following a post nuclear war, the earth is ravaged to pieces. The strong and vicious prey on the weak and anyone who objects dies. However, one man is there to combat the evil and corruption in the world with his fists, he is Kenshiro. Kenshiro is the heiro of Hokuto shinken , the most powerful force in the universe. Kenshiro\'s main love Yuria is being pursued by the evil Shin. Shin and Kenshiro are brothers from the Hokutoshin school of martial arts. Ken is chosen as the true heir because he has a pure heart and no evil but Shin, Jagi, Rao and others try to use what they learn from school for evil, greed and power.

Eventually Ken must go through each of them and rid the world them. Essentially what this series comes down to is a fight between good and evil, the oppressor and the oppressd. The master and slave. It\'s true this anime is violent but it also carries many familar themes in this day and age that still keep fans of the show interested and bewildered as to how cool it was.