Flame of Recca

(ended 1998)

SrRui

Flame of Recca Fan Reviews (14)

• My First anime and is still much better than most series today.

The Plot centers around Recca, The son of a flame caster able to control Powerful flames with his hands. He is Sent 400 years into the future By His mother in times of Danger. Recca's Enemy is his Half Brother Kurei, Kurei hated Recca ever since He was a little child. Recca along with his Friends Battle many Powerful foes and Try to put an end the Conflict that is 4 centuries old.

The plot is interesting enough and This is one of the best fighting Anime ever. The Animation is Very good for an old anime and the combat sequences are Fun to watch.The bad thing is, Flame of Recca had one of the worst Eng Dubs of all time, All Characters talked Like they were Drunk. The overall Voice acting is Irritating and even Depressing at times. I had a hard time figuring out if Recca was Crying in pain or happy or just Plain talking. Everybody's like "HEY!" for no Apparent reason. The sounds Felt weak, Especially in Combat. And All the Girls In the anime Felt overdramatic in their dialogues and there are plenty of spots were the Sounds are just too low. The combat scenes are Fun But lacked the intensity of other anime such as Yu Yu Hakusho. Some of the Fights are just way too tedious to enjoy. If you can Get through Bad parts, you'll know that is a Great Series, There are some excellent episodes and A good enough story to keep you interested till the end. The Intro and ending themes are Fantastic, The Intro of Recca is My favorite intro of all time. Flame of Recca is way better than Naruto too. Way better. if you've missed this show, i'd recommend you to watch it. I would've given it a 9 if it wasn't for the horrendous voice Acting. Still a great watch.
  • Flame of Recca is an Awesome anime...

Flame of Recca is an Awesome anime...This was one of my favorite anime too. It started when a woman from the past delivered his son to a distant future to escape death. But the brother of that baby came along too.The woman who delivered his baby has an immortal abilty. So she Walked and walked to find her long lost son until he found a boy named Recca. He has an ability to control fire and fire dragons And then she found out that that Recca was her son. I really like the story a lot, and sometimes it makes me laugh...
  • really worth my time!

really entertaining show at the very least. Full of great fight scenes! you'll never get bored with this show. One of the best animes I've ever since although It'll never surpass Samurai X (ruruoni kenshin). waaaaaaaay coooool show!! I recommend this show to every anime lover! you will never be disappointed!
  • Flame of Recca is about a boy, Recca Hanibishi who has been sent from about 400 years ago to the future that is now due to some problems.

Flame of Recca is one of the most awesome anime i have seen. Its better than Full Metal Alchemist in the sense that it has a different view presented in the show. It shows Recca Hannibishi of the Hokage clan being pitted against Kurei who we later come to know is his step-brother who had tried to kill him when he was a child and to make sure Recca escaped, his mother used a device to send her child to the future but at that same time, Kurei also jumped into it and he also landed up in the same timeline as Recca but he couldn't find recca in that timeline.

Few years later, Recca is now a high school going kid. There are others in the storyline like Domon Ishigima, who is a rival of recca but deep down inside they are really friends. And there is also Fukko who harbored a crush on recca but recca was of the opinion that if anyone beat him then he wud be their ninja. Yanagi saved recca and he assumed she beat him and he became her ninja.

There was another character called Shadow who kidnapped Yanagi and tried to bring out the flame in recca and it happened. Shadow, as we come to know, is infact recca's mother and she provides him wit details abt who he really is. Kurei kidnaps Yanagi and tortures her but recca and his friends- Fukko, Domon, Mikagami(a guy who had tried to kill recca because yanagi resembled his dead sister) save her.

The story doesnt end there. It goes on forward. It's best to watch it and not imagine it.
  • flame of recca is really awesome.

flame of recca is really awesome I really like watching its episodes its really awesome it started when a hokage named emma gave her two son to the furure so they can live because in that time there was a war going on so emma decided to give her son to the furure where they can live peacefully cause emma has an ability she is an immortal person she can live forever so in that whole year emma was finding her sons and when she saw recca the boy whose the son of emma she challenged recca so that recca can produce his true ability to control the fire so their adventure continues with his friends fighting evil....aloha
  • Hanabishi Recca- Hokage ninja with the power of the eight flame dragons must protect his Hime from an his evil half-brother Kurei and Kurei's adopted father- an corrupt businessman trying to find immortality.

I love this show. It's like Naruto and Yu Yu Hakusho combined. It has everything you want- action, adventure, romance, mystery, and humor. It's sad that it doesn't continue and leaves so many things up in the air. But even with that it is still really awsome. I recomend reading the manga instead because it's a more involved story and continues past the anime, but the show is still really great to watch. I've only watched the subtitled version so I can't say if the english dub is good or not, but the japanese version is good. Come'on who doesn't love ninjas, magical weapons, and 400 year old grudges?
    (Recca and Yanagi are so cute together! hee hee)
  • this is a good show

Flame of recca is basically about a teenage boy named recca hanibishi who has always been obsessed with ninjas. he meets a girl named yanagi **** who has healing powers.then,they are confronte by a mysterious woman determine to awaken a hidden ability in recca-the ability to summon flame from his right arm.then recca is plunged into a world of adventure and eventually finds out that he is a direct descendent of the hokae-a ninja clan that kept their existence secret.he also finds out that Kurei,his half-brother and a fellow flame caster is the adopted son of kouran mori,a greedy crime boss after yanagi's healing power.
    this show is filled with action and one of its few flaws is that its storyline is far too similar to that of another great show-yu yu hakusho.overall it's a fine show worth watching.
  • Flame of recca

at the first i love flame of recca before lilo and stitch,and pokemon but i first watched digimon...flame of recca was the best because it was so fun,their missions,adventure and awesome powers! recca's power was the fire that controls the eight dragons inluding his father...the girl that he called princess that he saved in times of trouble that heals wound. so please watch this series for more information but it was surely that you'll love this series/movie! i wanted to make this F.O.R come back with new episodes and characters!
  • this is one of my favorite shows...

i like flame of recca because its so nicely drawn and because of the story line. but i really think the show is much better than the manga. (i dont like the drawing in the manga domon really looks like a monkey) anyway, i also noticed how the plot is somewhat the same as yuyu hakusho... thats the only thing that i dont like about it... but everything aside i really like this show!
  • I really miss this show. I want it back!

Flame of Recca is a fun, tournament-based Shounen anime, and follows a high school student named Recca Hanabishi. Four hundred years ago, Recca was sent into the future to fulfill his destiny - to stop his half brother Kurei. Now of age, Recca learns the truth about his past and awakens the flame dragons that lie dormant within his hand.

Recca soon meets up with Yanagi, a girl from his class who has healing powers. She will become the princess that he will protect with his life. Joining with fellow classmates, Domon and Fuko, who also can control the elements, the four soon ban together to participate in a fighting tournament to save their princess from Kurei.
  • This should be brought back!

I love these kind of animes. I loved it when it was on TV. Too bad it only lasted 40+ episodes. Despite having some suspiciously the same plots as Yu Yu Hakusho, it was actually or the better. The show was about Recca, a 16 year old boy who was a descendant of a ninja 400 years ago. Souunds good right? The story doesnt end in the end so...I love these kind of animes. I loved it when it was on TV. Too bad it only lasted 40+ episodes. Despite having some suspiciously the same plots as Yu Yu Hakusho, it was actually or the better. The show was about Recca, a 16 year old boy who was a descendant of a ninja 400 years ago. Souunds good right? The story doesnt end in the end so...
  • Flame of Recca was based on a Manga called Recca No Honno. Although it's not very origional (Suspiciously similar plot lines as Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho), it is still very entertaining.

Flame of Recca was based on a Manga called Recca No Honno. Although it's not very origional (Suspiciously similar plot lines as Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho), it is still very entertaining. Set in the present day, a group of teens, like all anime, start out as heated rivals, but through their adventures together become close friends. What sets this coockie cutter show apart from the others is the use of Madougu or Elemental weapons. Madougu are remnance of an ancient Ninja clan called the Hokage who were wiped out centuries ago by a rival clan. The weapons have since made their way through time and into the hands of modern day fighters.

One thing that you may notice in this show is the drastic differences of animation, character development, and tone of story between seasons one and two. This is because two different production teams were used for each season. Although both episodes are based of of the origional Manga, the different production teams show differing views interms of production value.

Season two finds out heros entering a tournament where they will compete against other fighters who also utilize elemental weapons. The tournament itself can be leathal with the loser having to surrender their Madougu to the winner. The myriad of weapons and fighting styles make this a fun and entertaining show. Sadly, like most shows, this one did not get to see it's best seasons. The first two seasons were based on books 1-14. The ensuing books were very entertaining, and I would have loved to have seen them animated. If, after you finish this show, and find yourself wanting more, I recomend that you check out the Manga. The translations of the remaining books (15+) haven't been released in the U.S. yet, but if you can read Japanese, they should be too hard to track down.
  • Somewhat interesting and unique, but poor dubbing and lackluster plot hurt the experience.

I like fire and I like ninjas so I checked this show out. There\'s some humor and interesting characters, but the plot seems structurally weak. A show about a boy who aspires to be a great ninja and has the power of fire hidden inside of him, while a mysterious woman is causing trouble and trying to get him to reach his full potential.

The main character saves a young girl from an accident at the local construction site, but gets crushed by an I-beam in the process. The girl uses her magical healing powers to bring him back to life (how convinient!) and he vows to be his bodyguard.

The voice actors do a decent job, but some of the dialogue is just silly. And while it has some unique elements (like a rival with the ability to turn water into swords), it rubs off as more of a kid\'s show than anything else.
  • why u should watch this...

flame of recca is a fushigi yuugi meets dragon ball z anime... fell in love, protection, and inhuman bouts and powers... hehehe... this is an action adventure that u would continue to watch, and never get tired of... atleast to me, and its not even my fav. anime... its hilarious and romantic... its got everything!