Flash Gordon

Syfy (ended 2008)

QuackIV

Flash Gordon Fan Reviews (74)

7.2
  • It took some time but Flash Gordon became one of the better remakes of last seasons tv line up. A slow introduction to what many forgot is a super-powerless hero and his friends. Dale Flashes love interest was for me the weakest of group.

It took some time but Flash Gordon became one of the better remakes of last seasons tv line up. A slow introduction to what many forgot is a super-powerless hero and his friends. Dale Flashes love interest was for me the weakest of group. She was not that attractive and her acting tended to be wooden. Aura who was Mings daughter provide the alleged hottie aspect of the show and to her credit was a much more dynamic character. Ming was a reserved tyrant compared to the eighties movie which most people associate with the Gordon lore. Most fans didn't like his take on the character but I didn't need a raving madman in my dictator so I was fine with his portrayal. With Zarkov and Baylin rounding out Flashes group. The cast came together nicely despite the dreadfully childish material they had to work with. To the shows credit it's hard to create a world of mystery and wonder. So I have to say for what it was it was good after all every show can't be Battlestar Galactica and sometimes a little cheese on a Friday night before and or during a few drinks is what you need.