FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

D Gibbons is a very bad man!

shan73

[1]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 5

I was thinking that Charlie and Dylan were with D Gibbons in the Flashforward. Maybe they were kidnapped and Dylan's dad got a phone call about it and that is why he was depressed!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 32
    Certainly possible but in regards to his Dad getting a call about it.. I'm not so sure.

kbelliveau

[3]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 10
    The idea of the children being with D.Gibbons is a good one I must say that. But in his Flashforward Mark was depressed, he was drinking. Leads me to believe something has happened to his daughter. But on the other hand, his and Olivias flashforwards take place on the same date (Assuming) and she doesnt look at all upset. Yet if Mark is upset about Charlies and Dylans kidnappings shouldnt Olivia be upset as well? Just a thought

DarthFreeza

[4]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 23
    kbelliveau wrote:
    The idea of the children being with D.Gibbons is a good one I must say that. But in his Flashforward Mark was depressed, he was drinking. Leads me to believe something has happened to his daughter. But on the other hand, his and Olivias flashforwards take place on the same date (Assuming) and she doesnt look at all upset. Yet if Mark is upset about Charlies and Dylans kidnappings shouldnt Olivia be upset as well? Just a thought
    Perhaps Olivia didn't know yet? The children could've been with Mark when they were kidnapped (assuming they were) and that would explain why he looked so desperate to figure out more about his mosaic wall in his flashfoward and why he was drinking.

Probably not true, just a thought.

jrosace92

[5]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 7
    kbelliveau wrote:

Maybe Charlie and Dylan are with a babysitter and she calls Lloyd and says she lost the kids but don't worry, but D. Gibbons kidnapped them and thats why Lloyd looked so worried.

But maybe the only reason Mark looks worried and is drinking is because he is overwhelmed by the investigation and is worried about the future and stuff.

kbelliveau

[6]Oct 6, 2009

There could be an explanation, but from what I saw both Mark and Olivias flashforwards took place at night, after hours. Everyone was out of the office and Olivia if im not mistaken looked like she was prepared for bed. If in fact Charlie was with Dylan and D.Gibbons at the same time, Mark would have probably had time to contact Olivia. Lloyd to me could only know as much as Olivia or Mark, unless (Going out here) he is not a good man, and he is involved somehow with D.Gibbons. But it seems to me like Mark is desperate to save his daughter because of the "Frienship Bracelet" paper that was on his bulletin board

"

Kathy282

[7]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 1
    And there's another problem; in the first episode dylan knew / recognised Olivia. How's that possible when they weren't on the same flash forward, at least Olivia didn't saw Dylan and neither did Mark (so he couldn't explain it either). Only possible answer he was with Charlie (who explained / showed pictures from Olivia) during the flash forward? And getting kidnapped by D Gibbons at the same time?
    Edited on 10/07/2009 11:30am

kbelliveau

[8]Oct 7, 2009
    Kathy282 wrote:
    And there's another problem; in the first episode dylan knew / recognised Olivia. How's that possible when they weren't on the same flash forward, at least Olivia didn't saw Dylan and neither did Mark (so he couldn't explain it either). Only possible answer he was with Charlie (who explained / showed pictures from Olivia) during the flash forward? And getting kidnapped by D Gibbons at the same time?

I kind of have to agree, there is almost no way the children know that much. Charlie couldnt know Dylan who knows her mother while she knows D.Gibbons. Just writing that makes me believe they somehow messed it up. The only to back themselves out of this one is to perhaps add onto Olivias flashforward. Or perhaps explain or show what exactly charlie saw.

shan73

[9]Oct 8, 2009
    Whatever happens on the 29th April 2010 at 10pm for 2.17mins..shows that Charlie knows both Dylan and D Gibbons.
    My theory is they were all together at this time and olivia was mentioned and maybe a pic of her was there.
    If I remember correctly, what you see in the flashforward that's what you remember in the present time when u wake up...

kbelliveau

[10]Oct 8, 2009
    I realize that everyone remembers what they saw in ther flashforward. What I am saying is the Flashforwards dont seem to fit together. Charlie knows D.Gibbons and Dylan. It fits. Charlie saw herself with Dylan and D.Gibbons. But Dylan had to have seen Olivia in his flashforward. Interesting concept. Yet if Charlie is with both D.Gibbons and Dylan during the flashforward, how could Dylan have known her name, when Olivia didnt know the name of his father. Also if the theory I have been mentioning stands and Charlie and Dylan get kidnapped, Mark is terrified with Grief while Olivia is happy to be with Simcoe. It just isnt adding up. If Charlie and Dylan are gone and all the flashwords happen on the same day, then Olivia would clearly have to know that her daughter has been kidnappened. Maybe Im digging to far in. I hope we get answers to these mysteries sooner rather than later

shan73

[11]Oct 8, 2009
    Maybe they just got kidnapped and Olivia and Mark are not aware yet.
    Simcoe got a call and went downstairs!! maybe now he knows...
    Maybe we will know more when we see what Simcoe's phonecall in the flashforward was about!
    It doesn't make sense that the kids were at home in the other bedroom! and knows about D Gibbons! and Olivia and Simcoe are having a good time in the next bedroom!..
    The children in my thinking are not in the house and Olivia is not aware...she put them to bed and went to her bedroom with Simcoe..
    Well too many assumptions! hope to get an answer soon!

kbelliveau

[12]Oct 8, 2009
    Its just there are to many whatifs. The anwers arent clear, and with what they have given us, it doesnt seem like they can make it clear. I really hope they answer the questions as soon as possible, and smooth out the already visible wrinkles and then they can move forth with the investigation and Simon and who ever else they need to introduce

KingofIPirates

[13]Oct 8, 2009
    kbelliveau wrote:
    Yet if Charlie is with both D.Gibbons and Dylan during the flashforward, how could Dylan have known her name, when Olivia didnt know the name of his father.
    Your assuming that Dylan was with them the entire time. Olivia could've come in the picture at some point after Dylan got seperated from them. Dylan could've been at a corner where he had both D.Gibbons and Charlie in one vantage point and Olivia in the other. Dylan could've looked up her name on the internet, Dylan could've seen her name in the paper, Dylan could've been rummaging through his father's files and saw her name; they're quite a few possibilities as to how he could've learned her name.
    kbelliveau wrote:
    The anwers arent clear, and with what they have given us, it doesnt seem like they can make it clear.
    Um.. this is only the second episode..
    Edited on 10/08/2009 10:32am

kbelliveau

[14]Oct 8, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    kbelliveau wrote:
    Yet if Charlie is with both D.Gibbons and Dylan during the flashforward, how could Dylan have known her name, when Olivia didnt know the name of his father.
    Your assuming that Dylan was with them the entire time. Olivia could've come in the picture at some point after Dylan got seperated from them. Dylan could've been at a corner where he had both D.Gibbons and Charlie in one vantage point and Olivia in the other. Dylan could've looked up her name on the internet, Dylan could've seen her name in the paper, Dylan could've been rummaging through his father's files and saw her name; they're quite a few possibilities as to how he could've learned her name.
    kbelliveau wrote:
    The anwers arent clear, and with what they have given us, it doesnt seem like they can make it clear.
    Um.. this is only the second episode..

You added to many whatifs just in that post alone.Except the way he spoke to her, would mean that he feels comfortable, not just someone he looked up.Would Dylans flashforward really be him looking up Olivia on the internet. Im going to doubt that. Plus I think you are leaving out that all the flashforward have a companion flashforward. Lloyds flashforward would most likely be a companion flash to Olivias. Dylans would most likely be the same or close to that of Charlies. Which simply to me after two episodes doesnt explain how all these people knew about each other before a chance encounter. If in fact these flashes all occur on the same date then the possilbilities of all these people have flashes of each other for 2:17 would not work out. Thats a fair chunk of time, but not enough to see all that. Charlies vision is what makes it all impossible. She saw Dylan and D.Gibbons clear, everyone has established that. It was ok first when she mentioned that she saw Dylan or knew who he was. It was almost like her vision was going to reinforce that her mother will end up with Lloyd. But when she mentions D. Gibbons it sort of makes it impossible that Dylan could already know Olivia before he was brought into the hospital. Its all theory right now, but it is episode three tonight, and if they want to be taken seriously they need to clear things up and begin explaining, before more people begin to throw together theories and realize what they have already shown is more or less impossible and will not happen.

KingofIPirates

[15]Oct 8, 2009
    kbelliveau wrote:

Would Dylans flashforward really be him looking up Olivia on the internet. Im going to doubt that.
    It's within the realm of possibility that someone was browsing for him.
    kbelliveau wrote:
    Plus I think you are leaving out that all the flashforward have a companion flashforward. Lloyds flashforward would most likely be a companion flash to Olivias. Dylans would most likely be the same or close to that of Charlies.
    There's no real evidence they're flashforward are companions of each other.
    kbelliveau wrote:
    Which simply to me after two episodes doesnt explain how all these people knew about each other before a chance encounter.
    It's just the second episode.. give it time, of course your not going to know how they would know each other as that hasn't been revealed yet. Flashforward has an element of mystery to it so of course they're not going to tell you the answers right off the bat.
    kbelliveau wrote:
    If in fact these flashes all occur on the same date then the possilbilities of all these people have flashes of each other for 2:17 would not work out
    Thats a fair chunk of time, but not enough to see all that.
    The Flashes are disconnected random images that present itself as more of a slide show as opposed to a streaming video.
    kbelliveau wrote:

Charlies vision is what makes it all impossible. She saw Dylan and D.Gibbons clear, everyone has established that. It was ok first when she mentioned that she saw Dylan or knew who he was. It was almost like her vision was going to reinforce that her mother will end up with Lloyd. But when she mentions D. Gibbons it sort of makes it impossible that Dylan could already know Olivia before he was brought into the hospital.
    I've already explained a number of ways Dylan could've encountered/met Olivia.
    Edited on 10/08/2009 12:55pm

kbelliveau

[16]Oct 8, 2009

The Evidence of Companion Flasdhforward would be simply that they all flashed to the same day. If everyone saw The same date, they couldnt see something completely different then the person they saw themselves with. It would simply be beyond the realm of possibility. It would need to be that they took place in and around the same day. So example. Olivia saw Lloyd Simcoe, therefore Simcoes flash would need to be in around the same hour perhaps. If not the same exact vision, a vision of the same day. So the possibility that he saw something completely off the charts compared to Olivia wouldnt make sense. Therefore if Charlies vision infact shows her with Dylan and D.Gibbons, Dylans vision would most likely show him with Charlie and D.Gibbons.

I know you presented reasons as to how Dylan could easily know Olivia, if the situation was different. A mean 2:17 vision would not allow him to see that much. Charlie was emotional when she saw Dylan and upset when she mentioned D.Gibbons. Charlie could feel emotionally connected to Dylan through her video, and clearly what she saw of D.Gibbons.

Do you think its logically possible that Dylan had a vision of himself in a happy moment with Olivia on the same date Charlie obviously saw a terrible vision involving D.Gibbons and Dylan?

KingofIPirates

[17]Oct 8, 2009
    No it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility nor does it necessarily mean that it wouldn't make sense especially if one of the person having the flashforward lacks the vantage point of the other.

You can't even assess that it's a happy moment with Olivia as that was never mentioned.

Sirius452

[18]Oct 8, 2009
    There is the possibility that our interest in the children's information will be shared by the government in the show and that at the time of the flashforwards the children are 'borrowed' by the government. That would explain why they are together with D. Gibbons, why Mark is concerned about this and Olivia isn't.
    Edited on 10/08/2009 4:30pm

kbelliveau

[19]Oct 8, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    No it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility nor does it necessarily mean that it wouldn't make sense especially if one of the person having the flashforward lacks the vantage point of the other.

You can't even assess that it's a happy moment with Olivia as that was never mentioned.

Olivia staed to Dylan "Everything will be ok"
    He replied by saying " I know Olivia"
    Therefore it means that the moment that he saw himself with her wasnt one that made him feel like he was going to be harmed.

As Far as tonights episode "137 Sekunden" nothing was answered, they only piled on more questions. A chemical can cause the death of birds, but not quite like that. And there is no way a single chemical can take out the entire planet.

KingofIPirates

[20]Oct 8, 2009
    kbelliveau wrote:

Olivia staed to Dylan "Everything will be ok"
    He replied by saying " I know Olivia"
    Therefore it means that the moment that he saw himself with her wasnt one that made him feel like he was going to be harmed.
    Very well a comforting moment then.
    kbelliveau wrote:

As Far as tonights episode "137 Sekunden" nothing was answered, they only piled on more questions. A chemical can cause the death of birds, but not quite like that. And there is no way a single chemical can take out the entire planet.
    This Is still fiction, there's also no way a worldwide blackout lasting exactly 137 seconds and giving everyone visions of the future can exist.