FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Dead crows all over the world, nothing special????

Brunte81

[1]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 8

See topic.

Are the writers high or just a little stupid?

After that episode I'm not sure I will follow it all the way (and it got 22 episodes... mama mia).

It had a good start, but now it's more and more stupid for every episode... =( Like Heroes...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Human_Typhoon

[2]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    Well yeah, don't think it'll be really big news either except to some Wild life conservationists, or it'll get a small stint 10 second on the news.

JBsVeryBadDay

[3]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    Maybe not under normal circumstances, but the fact that it happened during the FlashForward AND 18 years ago very likely has a good deal of relevance.

TidalWaveRider

[4]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    Brunte81 wrote:

See topic.

Are the writers high or just a little stupid?

After that episode I'm not sure I will follow it all the way (and it got 22 episodes... mama mia).

It had a good start, but now it's more and more stupid for every episode... =( Like Heroes...

You're half right. If all the crows in the world died that day, 1) they would be wiped out as a species, and 2) people would have realized that instead of taking weeks to figure it out. So then we wouldn't see crows alive in the present or future like we did in Episode 3. That said, science fiction requires a good deal of suspending one's disbelief. What the writers suggest at Episode 3 and what turns out to be true in Episode 22 are usually nothing alike. So hang in there till then.

Edited on 10/18/2009 9:07pm

Sirius452

[5]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 10

I agree that it wasn't necessary for Mark's team to discover this. Another group in the agency relaying the related information would have been much better. It would have made the government look much more on top of things instead of relying on one man (Mark).

Nevertheless, I think it's going to be important later. I mean, why crows and not sparrows or finches or all bird types for that matter? Is there some physiological similarity between humans and crows that isn't shared with other birds?

Personally I think the birds flashedforwarded the same as the people did. The ones that were standing woke up 2 minutes later and went about rebuilding their species. The ones that were flying, well you know. If the flash had just killed them and the whole world is the target area none would have escaped and they would be extinct.