FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Demitri Theories

  • Avatar of akamidnight

    akamidnight

    [1]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 11/06/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 182

    Does he die? Why? How? Is he the FBI mole?!


    Post your crazy, not-so-crazy and totally improbable theories here. Or even some realistic ones.


    Here's my crazy, but could totally happen, theory:


    Me, I'm a strong believer that you can't change the future. For some reason that I have yet to come up with, Demetri's death must be faked. That DD chick told the person on the phone to talk to agent Noh a month after he supposedly died. On April 29th, at around 9:57pm, Dem realizes that, in order to prevent his 'past self' from having a vision and revealing that he is, in fact, alive and ruining the whole plan, (What? He's not dead. He said his flashforward showed him skiny dipping in the Bahamas a month from now!) he needs to be unconscious and promptly knocks himself out.


    Theory buster: DD chick probably has no idea Dem is dead. And as far as I can tell, faking Dem's death seems like a stupid, pointless idea.


    and now, share yours.


    Edited on 03/06/2010 10:51am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of awdrifter

    awdrifter

    [2]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 12/20/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    Ep.3 spoiler.

    From what we saw in ep.3, Mark's sponsor dug up her daughter's grave and it turns out her daughter is really dead. So his vision of the future probably won't come true. So based on that, my theory on Demetri's lack of flashforward is, what these people (Mark's sponsor and Demetri) are seeing is like an minority report. The majority of the world saw the same future, but there are a small portion of the world who saw a differeent future. Also, the women who called Dem is from Hong Kong, if you look at the skyline in the background you can see a building resembling the Bank of China Tower of HK. So based on that, she might be either a Chinese or British intelligence agent.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbelliveau

    kbelliveau

    [3]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 153
    For the show to even be considered logical in any way they almost have to kill him off. As much as I would miss John Cho on the show, they almost need to reinforce the fact that some of these visions have come true. the already ruined the whole future change thing with Aaron, and to do it with Dem would mean that everyone watching the show would seriously begin doubting that anything bad can ever happen to these characters if they can just change their future.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [4]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472

    Except his fiancee says she saw him at her wedding. It couldn't have been someone else because that would be waaaay too soon after his death for her to get married to someone else. Maybe, for whatever reason, he was immune to the FlashForward. Maybe when he got in that accident he was knocked out in the real time and his brain couldn't function to have a FlashForward?

    Sure, there's that weird lady from Hong Kong or whatever, but she could be playing him. She read his vision on Mosaic and could be making up a story to scare him because she works for the other side. I'm just not ready to trust her seeing as we don't know who she is working for. Again, his story is the most interesting but I think it's way too early to say that if he doesn't die it throws off the whole continuity of the show. There's conflicting reports on what happened to him by different characters.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbelliveau

    kbelliveau

    [5]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 153
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

    Except his fiancee says she saw him at her wedding. It couldn't have been someone else because that would be waaaay too soon after his death for her to get married to someone else. Maybe, for whatever reason, he was immune to the FlashForward. Maybe when he got in that accident he was knocked out in the real time and his brain couldn't function to have a FlashForward?

    Sure, there's that weird lady from Hong Kong or whatever, but she could be playing him. She read his vision on Mosaic and could be making up a story to scare him because she works for the other side. I'm just not ready to trust her seeing as we don't know who she is working for. Again, his story is the most interesting but I think it's way too early to say that if he doesn't die it throws off the whole continuity of the show. There's conflicting reports on what happened to him by different characters.



    Except the vision that she saw didnt actually show Demetri. She was walking down a beach in a wedding dress. The vision if I remember correctly was from afar, which is to leave it open for fans to questions whether or not it is Dem or not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [6]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472
    kbelliveau wrote:
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

    Except his fiancee says she saw him at her wedding. It couldn't have been someone else because that would be waaaay too soon after his death for her to get married to someone else. Maybe, for whatever reason, he was immune to the FlashForward. Maybe when he got in that accident he was knocked out in the real time and his brain couldn't function to have a FlashForward?

    Sure, there's that weird lady from Hong Kong or whatever, but she could be playing him. She read his vision on Mosaic and could be making up a story to scare him because she works for the other side. I'm just not ready to trust her seeing as we don't know who she is working for. Again, his story is the most interesting but I think it's way too early to say that if he doesn't die it throws off the whole continuity of the show. There's conflicting reports on what happened to him by different characters.

    Except the vision that she saw didnt actually show Demetri. She was walking down a beach in a wedding dress. The vision if I remember correctly was from afar, which is to leave it open for fans to questions whether or not it is Dem or not.

    Yeah, it could possibly not be him but I don't see how she could marry anyone else 6 months from then. They'd have to have a huge breakup real soon for that to happen and she'd have to find someone else real quick and plan a wedding on that date. Just seems to be too many coincidences.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbelliveau

    kbelliveau

    [7]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 153
    I really hope Demetri doesnt die, I just kind of see it happening.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Knightshade03

    Knightshade03

    [8]Oct 9, 2009
    • member since: 10/31/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 131
    I think Demetri lives. One possibility is someone else is murdered but during the actual attack something of Demetri's ends up on the victim and with all the tradgedy that happens they can't do a proper autopsy so the body is incorrectly ID'ed as Demetri's. Then as part of maintaining the rouse, he heads off to paradise to marry his fiance. Actually, I think it's more important that he lives than he dies. In the visions, there have to be "wild card" people who can affect the outcome but don't know how and Demetri is a wild card. He dies, Mark starts drinking, looses his wife and is getting shot at in the office. He lives, Mark stays with his wife, is still getting shot at in the office but now has back-up, Demetri gunning down the guys in the masks. Either that or Demtri is part of the conspiracy ala Warhouse 13. (Who saw that betrayal coming?) I'd think of a wilder theory but just don't have the time.
    Edited on 10/09/2009 10:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of akamidnight

    akamidnight

    [9]Oct 13, 2009
    • member since: 11/06/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 182
    Like it's been said already, we didn't see Demetri in Zoey's vision, she was too far away. I bet she just assumed it was him. But then it means she has to find someone else to marry on the date she was planning to marry her dead fiance. That would be both illogical and weird...
    OR! It WAS Demitri, but on an alternate timeline...but I would hate it if they did that...

    Demetri as a traitor? That is something I did not think about. Oh I like that 'wildcard' theory Knightshade! Interesting...

    As for Aaron...I'm a firm believer that TV people are sneaky people. His daugther's remains, which there were little of to begin with, could have been faked. It's been done before. (Prison Break and Lost anyone?) I'm sticking to my guns on this one, until the show proves me wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jeric-Ho

    Jeric-Ho

    [11]Oct 15, 2009
    • member since: 05/16/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 1,478
    It is also possible that he does not have a FlashForward because he never actually loses conciousness during the blackout, he was not in or anywhere near the car when it crashes either, when the blackout happened all he had to do was jump out of a moving car, could be how he got his injury on his face,so in theory he could be traitor and actually be in on the whole thing. But then again I am most probably wrong! =)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KerlanRayne

    KerlanRayne

    [12]Oct 15, 2009
    • member since: 10/22/03
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 2

    Two crazy theories.

    1) He didn't see anything in his Flash Forward because ... he's blind!

    2) The remains were really from his daughter because ... she lost her legs in an explosion!

    Thoughts?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of akamidnight

    akamidnight

    [13]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 11/06/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 182
    KerlanRayne wrote:

    Two crazy theories.

    1) He didn't see anything in his Flash Forward because ... he's blind!

    2) The remains were really from his daughter because ... she lost her legs in an explosion!

    Thoughts?



    Lol, if you think about it...both make sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbelliveau

    kbelliveau

    [14]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 153
    akamidnight wrote:
    KerlanRayne wrote:

    Two crazy theories.

    1) He didn't see anything in his Flash Forward because ... he's blind!

    2) The remains were really from his daughter because ... she lost her legs in an explosion!

    Thoughts?



    Lol, if you think about it...both make sense.


    The Demetri theory makes more sense. If the remains of his daughter were un recognizable, they would have most likely taken a dental impression.

    Good theory.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of adamantius

    adamantius

    [15]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/23/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41
    I don't know about the daughter. But I think Dem's fiancee was outright lying. There is no reason for the episode to show us what actually happened, it could just as easily show us what she wants to happen. My guess is that she knows Dem is no longer with her and she is devastated so she makes something up to try and change things.

    A
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kbelliveau

    kbelliveau

    [16]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 153
    That does make sense. She doesnt want to face the future without Demetri, or she saw something that wasnt about the wedding
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fraveth

    Fraveth

    [17]Oct 16, 2009
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    What if she just went to that beach in her wedding dress with flowers to mourn for her dead husband? And the people she saw down the beach was just a completely different wedding reception?

    They already booked the wedding, so they have tickets, that means she probably picked out a dress already, so its not too farfetched to think maybe she went down there anyway to mourn what could have been.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CalebRobertson

    CalebRobertson

    [18]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 09/22/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 23

    this is from my thread "government cloning?"

    idk if this is true but sounds plausible to me. so that dude saw his daughter in a bed of sorts in iraq. but he later checks the remains and it proves that shes dead. and also demitri nohs fiance swore she saw him at the wedding. but hes gonna die. and i know some of you are going to say maybe she just saw some from a distance and assumed it was him. but what about nicoles vision were she felt like she was being punished. wouldnt agent nohs fiance be feeling horrible if he died. so i think that the governent might be doing cloning. like they mightve cloned the dudes daughter and when demitri dies they later clone him with all his memorys but the real noh is dead so he would see his wedding. idk just a theory

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ebony_kunoichi

    ebony_kunoichi

    [19]Oct 22, 2009
    • member since: 09/04/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,327

    maybe they thought he was dead? maybe he was in a coma? I dunno. But I do think that the his chick didnt see him and maybe thought she did. Also, let me point out that I'm loving that fact that Dimitri has a african american fiancee. I almost flipped! yes! Finally!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 80style

    80style

    [20]Oct 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/05/04
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 10
    KerlanRayne wrote:

    Two crazy theories.

    1) He didn't see anything in his Flash Forward because ... he's blind!

    2) The remains were really from his daughter because ... she lost her legs in an explosion!

    Thoughts?

    IDK about dimitri being blind, he prob would have heard wind or something being on a beach.

    As for the remains, Aaron did say in the first episode how small the remains of his daughter were, how almost nothing was left...This is completely compatable with what you are saying. Her remains were so small because they weren't all of her. (of course this means the US army managed to miss half someones body crawling around, and she survived w/o legs and medical treatment....but I feel like this is the type of show that would overlook that)

    And everyone says Dimitri's fiance wouldn't marry someone else right after his death, anyone think of the idea that maybe they break up soon? and she has like 4-5 months to find someone else(granted this is a short time as well, but with the way they handled the relationship between Janice and her GF... they were like ready to get married after one date)

    Edit: There is also no way Dimitri's fiance saw Dimitri. If she did, then not only is he not dead, he is not unconcious.... So he would have seen her, or at least something. IDK if Dimitri is gunna die, but he is certainly not going to be on the beach having his wedding.

    Edited on 10/23/2009 12:30am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.