FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Demitri Theories

KayeJohnson

[21]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    I think he's dead thats why he never saw anything simple as that! and his fiances ff was true to but she was dreaming (asleep at time of ff) maybe on prescribed drugs for her grief and is struggling to get over what happened.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NerdTV

[22]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 3

Maybe there was a murder attempt? Dimitri could definitely have made powerful enemies in the six month period, and someone would feel the need to deal with him. There is nothing more nasty than a person whom believes their lives end at a certain time, so why not ruffle any feather you can?

If this is the case, and there is a murder attempt, maybe the attempt leaves him blind, or in a coma, but in witness protection? It would explain the need for the reports to still show his death. Besides, this wouldn't be the first time someone has minipulated the future based on small tidbits (the imprisoned nazi).

Maybe the Dimitri's intelligence report was bogus? The fact that the woman called him so soon after him posting on the Mosaic site seems rather incredulous. Could she possibly be part of a cover-up? While they've discovered two people who were not awake, it's still plausible that there were MANY more who avoided the 137 second unconsciousness.

mafiaboi89

[23]Nov 5, 2009

You asked for farfetched theory? You're going to get it!

What if Demitri is not dead and his on that beach (which would be very unlikely if he's not dead since Mark is about to be ambushed in his office) but he has that thing that people about to get married have (cant remember the name!) where they pass out (or some run away) because the pressure is too high! So he passed out at 9:58 for 5 minutes and did not see anything. Now to contradict this? Well one did I mention the ambush in his partner's office? And two at some point someone would have signaled Zoey that he passed out and she would have saw it in her vision. I mean how far could she have been to recognize or not Demitri walking towards him for 2 minutes 17!

I like the he makes himself pass out to have the element of surprise. But then he's definitely not on the beach! He's with Mark! (and he's no help he passed out!) And what about the girl that said she read a report of him being dead? She could be lying but whats the point of that lie for someone who is obviously a spy.

I just remembered something that complicates the rest: during the ceremony, the sun was way up in the sky! Since no sane person has a wedding ceremony at 8 am its gotta be between 12 and 5 pm about. But in LA it was 10 pm! In Hawaii it would be 7 PM and we would see the sun down especially in April, in Europe it would be around 6/7/8 AM depending, which leaves the Australian -ish time zone where it's around 3 PM but they wouldn't go so far for a wedding ceremony! So what is it? a dream?

Edited on 11/06/2009 12:34am

edgar2007perez

[24]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    my guess is that the only way to prevent his death is by stage it and he and her girlfriend dissappear they try to get married and he was nervous he had to close his eyes to be more relax but also is too much time for a close of eyes maybe he was praying that everything goes well for the rest of the people like it did with him. The other theory, Demitri girlfriend FF she saw a man standing and it was pretty far away it might be other man but she only believes that is Demitri because who else can be for Demitri girlriend to be that man, no one.

akamidnight

[25]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    mafiaboi89 wrote:
    I just remembered something that complicates the rest: during the ceremony, the sun was way up in the sky! Since no sane person has a wedding ceremony at 8 am its gotta be between 12 and 5 pm about. But in LA it was 10 pm! In Hawaii it would be 7 PM and we would see the sun down especially in April, in Europe it would be around 6/7/8 AM depending, which leaves the Australian -ish time zone where it's around 3 PM but they wouldn't go so far for a wedding ceremony! So what is it? a dream?
    Excellent point about the time, it never even crossed my mind! So what if Dem really is dead, and Zoey was dreaming at the time of the blackout...? Hmmm...

mafiaboi89

[26]Nov 6, 2009
    Or they're both sleeping! Demitri doesn't dream and Zoey dreams of the wedding! lol

But as I keep repeating, Demitri would never let his partner in his office about to be attacked by masked gunmen. Even if by then he doesn't believe in FF, a real friend would be there anyway JUST IN CASE. No? So Mark's FF has 0% chances of becoming true since many people know and at least a few if not everyone will stay just in case it happens, especially that they were attacked and they're investigating the FFs.

kbelliveau

[27]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    mafiaboi89 wrote:
    Or they're both sleeping! Demitri doesn't dream and Zoey dreams of the wedding! lol But as I keep repeating, Demitri would never let his partner in his office about to be attacked by masked gunmen. Even if by then he doesn't believe in FF, a real friend would be there anyway JUST IN CASE. No? So Mark's FF has 0% chances of becoming true since many people know and at least a few if not everyone will stay just in case it happens, especially that they were attacked and they're investigating the FFs.
    I have to agree with that. Could Mark just leave a little bit early or just take a sick day. I think Weddeck could vouch for him that day and say he needs it off. As far as Dem Goughs death sort of reinforced the fact that Dem may have a chance of living. I see Marks FF coming true, but with different things going on. Demetri and Weddeck are involved in the shootout because weddeck now knows Mark was loaded, that is about the only part of this FF that has any chance of coming through. All though if Mark is loaded, he may make a stupid choice that puts him in the office after hours.
    Edited on 11/08/2009 6:53am

mafiaboi89

[28]Nov 9, 2009
    Yes but Mark loaded doesn't make Weddeck make stupid choices right?

Wouldn't Weddeck die of worries in the bathroom (if that ever happens) that his team leader is being murdered the floor under? Same goes for Agent Vreede (I think its him, the older black agent that we see a few times) Wouldn't he be worried and not punch out until later? When he is sure Mark is safe?

Its just that little detail that they made Mark alone in his office bugs me a lot because its impossible to happen now that they all know.

akamidnight

[30]Nov 27, 2009
    Urgh, now I think everyone is gonna loose faith on Mark. The investigation is not gonna lead anywhere, or thinking that the future can be changed, the attack won't happen, since they think the tattoo guy is dead, and maybe Dem is still alive (hehe). Either way they're gonna drop it, leaving Mark, desperate to prove himself, alone in his office, getting loaded, trying to beat the clock. Yeah. That's totally how it's gonna go down.

deanmullen10

[32]Feb 12, 2010
    I'd say he is blind & cannot see, he was attacked by the Gunmen & shot near the eyes making him blind, yet the call saying he is dead is still a brainteaser but Im guessing he is blind, yet by now I've give us guessing whats going to happen next overall supposibly, but I beleive maybe 1/2 the realitys will come true & 1/2 will not.
    Edited on 02/12/2010 4:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.

weetikveel

[33]Feb 25, 2010
    Clearly the future in the flash-forward is the future that would happen if the flash-forward never happened. Makes sense?

Why?:The Date and Time is known of the 2minthat the whole world has seen the future.And in that 2min Nobodygave any clues to themselves that would explain them what happened.

If it was me, and I know thedate/time I would explain to myself what the hellis going on. And maybe tell myself stuff that I need to avoid.

This proves that the future will be totally different and I notices this fact from episode one. And I hate it that nobody in the series noticed this unavoidable fact.

So Dimitri would of died if the flash-forward never happened. Now he has a 50-50% chance.

After seeing my text above I noticed a big flaw in my theory. Mark was working on the flash-forward case in his flash-forward. So now I'm confused and I don't think they can make this up. Why the hell did nobody give themselves advice in the flash-forwards?

akamidnight

[34]Mar 2, 2010
    That's a good point. Then again, Mark is still investigating, which would indicate no one knows what caused it yet. Maybe by working on the board Mark was trying to give his past self clues to the mystery. Can Demitri change his future? Al did, and what about Mark? He clearly remembers wearing that friendship bracelet, but he burned it. The vision he saw is not going to come true, if you think about it. He'll probs still be in his office getting shot at, but at least that detail will be different. Insignificant, maybe, but different.

What if trying to stop his own murder actually leads to Demitri being murdered? Man, it really sucks to be him...

And why was Wedeck so chilled out in the bathroom? He did not seem worried about Mark at all... And if he knew it was going to happen, couldn't he just at least hold it for 2 mins and 17 damned seconds...? I would not want to FF to me having a 'bowel movement'...

...Is Mark really going to kill Demitri?

weetikveel

[35]Mar 3, 2010
    What about this:

Imagion. That there was never a flash forward. And Mark and Demitri are working and he shoots Demitri by accident with a bullet ment for someone else. Mark cant handle the fact he killed his own partner and he starts drinking again. Obsessed by finding out who the guys where in the fire fight he finds all kinds of clues that lead to his investigation. Then something happens that triggers the flash forward.

Now we go back in time to Episode 1 and all the same stuff happens untill the Flash Forward.

What happens now is unknown, there is a new future because the things the people have seen in the flashforward will change there lives. he might die he might live his chances are 50-50.

akamidnight

[36]Mar 4, 2010
    But Mark is clearly investigating the blackout in his vision, not dem's murder. While your theory is good, you have to take in the clues that he has on his board, like blue hand. It refers to the ghosts, people without visions-that would not have been on his board had there been no blackout, right?

I think that the strange thing is not that they didn't try to warn themselves in their FFs, but that no one but Mark makes any reference to, or even shows they are aware of the blackout in their FF. At least not that I can remember. Maybe your theory is right, and Mark is the exception? And also, how did Zoey not know her vision was Dem's memorial? Mark remembers the shame he felt, Olivia remembers the love she was feeling for Lloyd, the babysiter, Nicole I think, remembers what she was feeling as she was being drowned. Zoey was either feeling absolutely nothing, or she can't tell the difference between happiness and sadness...

LaurenJ5610

[38]Apr 25, 2010

If Mark is investigating the flashforward and not Dimitri's murder then he must know exactly what happened. Also it cant have been him who killed Dimitri as he would have been fired, yet he is still in the FBI. Some of the things that happened in peoples flash forward cant have been true because does anyone rememeber that patient olivia was working on? Well he dreamed his skin was a different color and that helped him suvive, and realise the disease he had, the doctors gave him stuff that would stop it so in a way his Flashfoward saved him and is not likely to happen. ?Anyone else agree?

haluzocka

[39]May 3, 2010
    well, you know what's really weird? Demitri is having either funeral or wedding and non of his colleagues and friends is there ?? Mark's at the office, Janice's having scan, Wedeck is on the toilet reading papers ... you would expect at least one of the people from his work to be there. Don't you think?

KingofIPirates

[40]May 3, 2010
    • level: 32
    Eh, that is a bit unusual.. maybe they had a falling out.