FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Did Lloyd really have a FlashForward?

JBsVeryBadDay

[1]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 6

Lloyd's description of his FlashForward coincided with Olivia's, but did he really have one? Do you think whoever caused the FlashForwards can know, or find out in some way, what it was that any given person saw?

Could Lloyd in fact be Suspect Zero?

Or is it more likely that what Simon said to him at the end just means they were responsible, even though Lloyd still blacked out?

I'd guess the latter, but it's something worth considering.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirius452

[2]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 10
    It always seemed to me that he and Olivia made eye contact even if briefly. He should recognize her. My hunch is that the only immune person would be Suspect Zero, but who knows.

JBsVeryBadDay

[3]Oct 15, 2009
    Suspect Zero can't be the only immune person. Remember. He was on the phone with someone during the blackout period.

I wondered from the beginning if Lloyd ever made eye contact with Olivia during his FF. He's shown no indication of recognizing her, but of course if he truly is one of those responsible, that could be part of his plan. Although I see no reason why he'd lie about such a thing. I don't see how him recognizing her from his FF could indicate his own responsibility and he doesn't have a wife to worry about finding out that he was having an affair in his FF. For right now, I'm still assuming he's telling the truth when he says he never saw who the woman in his FF was.

kbelliveau

[4]Oct 16, 2009

Or Theory time:

If Lloyd was on the phone during the blackout and it was with Simon because Simon will start calling him whenever he feels like it that would mean Simon had a Flash Forward as well. Or LLoyd doesnt want to say who he saw during his Flashforward because he knows her husband works for the FBI and she would tell him who he is. Therefore if LLoyd told Olivia Mark would open an investigation which would connect LLoyd with the blackout. And with his new situation of having to take care of his son he just doesnt want to have to deal with anything else, because life for him just got way more complicated.

Just a thought.

Chaos_Zombie

[5]Oct 16, 2009
    kbelliveau wrote:

Or Theory time:

If Lloyd was on the phone during the blackout and it was with Simon because Simon will start calling him whenever he feels like it that would mean Simon had a Flash Forward as well. Or LLoyd doesnt want to say who he saw during his Flashforward because he knows her husband works for the FBI and she would tell him who he is. Therefore if LLoyd told Olivia Mark would open an investigation which would connect LLoyd with the blackout. And with his new situation of having to take care of his son he just doesnt want to have to deal with anything else, because life for him just got way more complicated.

Just a thought.

Interesting. I'm definitely torn between him seeing Olivia and not seeing her. It does seem like he would've seen her in that brief second but he's doing a great job of playing dumb. I agree that he definitely wouldn't tell anyone if he did so it's hard to say. It might explain why he's being so persistent in talking to her and not taking 'no' for an answer to well. I still think Simon is Suspect Zero and I can tell I'm going to LOVE his character. I hated him as Charlie in Lost, he annoyed me to no end, but this creepy part is going to be perfect for Dominic.

kbelliveau

[6]Oct 16, 2009
    Another thing, even if he didnt see her in the Flashforward but heard he voice, wouldnt he be able to recognize her voice

Chaos_Zombie

[7]Oct 16, 2009

kbelliveau wrote:
    Another thing, even if he didnt see her in the Flashforward but heard he voice, wouldnt he be able to recognize her voice

Ah yes, I was thinking that too. With how much he's talked to her you'd think he'd recognize her voice. And who knows, maybe he does and has his suspicions, another reason he's constantly talking to her.

CharlesTheBold

[8]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 7

He seems sincere when dealing with his son, and genuinely oblivious about Olivia. My guess is that he was originally involved in the blackouts, but had a crisis of conscience when it cost his wife's life. Now he's guilty but afraid to talk about it. At some point he may confide in Olivia, not realizing what the future has in store for them.

Chaos_Zombie

[9]Oct 16, 2009
    Didn't he say that he and his wife were separated? Not that he'd feel any less guilty if he did have an indirect hand in her death since it's his son's mom but I want to be sure I heard that right.

kbelliveau

[10]Oct 16, 2009
    He said they had been seperated and he wasnt much involved in his sons life.

ummhaniyyah

[11]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 8

Lloyd has had two flash forwards. There was a first vision when he is in bed and Olivia is in the room. We were shown this one when he first meets her. He clearly sees her face. Then there is this second one that coincides with what she experienced.

Maybe, if for example, he is a scientist who has worked on the project that produced the Flash Forwards he has seen more than one snippet of his future.

If someone has the episodes saved, please go back and confirm what I remember about Lloyd's first vision of the future.

Chaos_Zombie

[12]Oct 16, 2009
    ummhaniyyah wrote:

Lloyd has had two flash forwards. There was a first vision when he is in bed and Olivia is in the room. We were shown this one when he first meets her. He clearly sees her face. Then there is this second one that coincides with what she experienced.

Maybe, if for example, he is a scientist who has worked on the project that produced the Flash Forwards he has seen more than one snippet of his future.

If someone has the episodes saved, please go back and confirm what I remember about Lloyd's first vision of the future.

I honestly don't remember so I'm going to have to go back and check. I have it DVR'd but won't be able to get to it until tonight. That was the second episode, right?

JBsVeryBadDay

[14]Oct 16, 2009
    kbelliveau wrote:

That's hard to say.

Every FF that they've shown has had this "echo" type sound. It depends on if the show is just portraying it that way or if that was really how things sounded IN the FF.

JBsVeryBadDay

[15]Oct 16, 2009
    ummhaniyyah wrote:

Everyone only had one FF. We just don't see the entire two minutes and 17 seconds of them all, only what is relevant to what they saw.

Put Lloyd's and Olivia's together. In the bedroom part of Lloyd's, she may be turned over on the bed or just seeing him from behind, so what is relevant for her is when she looks over the stairway and sees his face.

He, doesn't see her face (or so he says).

Neither had more than one FF.

ocean58

[16]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 53
    JBsVeryBadDay wrote:
    ummhaniyyah wrote:

Everyone only had one FF. We just don't see the entire two minutes and 17 seconds of them all, only what is relevant to what they saw. Put Lloyd's and Olivia's together. In the bedroom part of Lloyd's, she may be turned over on the bed or just seeing him from behind, so what is relevant for her is when she looks over the stairway and sees his face. He, doesn't see her face (or so he says). Neither had more than one FF.

I checked the second episode. Around min. 12:30 we see a short sequence of FF in the bed room. Lloyd is standing in the bedroom looking at his mobile phone and walking out of the room, while Olivia is watching him from his back. I think this clarifies, that Lloyd has never seen Olivia's face.

mimisc2009

[17]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think that Lloyd is actually D Gibbins and also helped the people who caused the blackout.
    And also everyone seems to have just flashforwarded to the same day but not really the same time of that day coz in Lloyd's flashforward there were kids laughing in the background and Mark's daughter seems to have seem something horrific

JBsVeryBadDay

[18]Oct 16, 2009
    mimisc2009 wrote:
    I think that Lloyd is actually D Gibbins and also helped the people who caused the blackout.
    And also everyone seems to have just flashforwarded to the same day but not really the same time of that day coz in Lloyd's flashforward there were kids laughing in the background and Mark's daughter seems to have seem something horrific

Lloyd isn't D. Gibbons. Charley's FF had something to do with D. Gibbons ("D Gibbons is a bad man") but she also said she'd never seen Lloyd before when Olivia pointed him out to her.

And everyone did FF to the same exact time.

KingofIPirates

[19]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:
    Didn't he say that he and his wife were separated? Not that he'd feel any less guilty if he did have an indirect hand in her death since it's his son's mom but I want to be sure I heard that right.
    His wife died during the blackouts and seeing that he has some involvement then he'd naturally feel guilty.

BirgitteSciarre

[20]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 2
    Lloyd is on the phone with D. Gibbons and Charlie overheard the conversation which included something disturbing. That's why she says that D. Gibbons is a bad man.