FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Episode - Future Shock

miss_wierd

[1]May 27, 2010
    • level: 13

What a fantastic episode!!!! I loved the ending!!! Especially Charlie's flashforward! She looks like an adult in her flashforward!

Charlie: They found him!

Who?!!! Your father!?!?! Oh damn it! Why does this show have to be canceled. Cry

Edited on 05/29/2010 4:33am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]May 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    Decent episode at best, a number of scenes felt forced especially Olivia's interactions with Lloyd and the dialogue was rather lacking throughout. The ending however was quite interesting.

haldrey

[3]May 27, 2010
    • level: 22
    Yes a fantastic episode but a blatant disrespect to the viewers. This is an episode to be followed with a next season but when the show is ending, no way.

dh4645

[4]May 27, 2010
    • level: 15
    i thought it was good...i thought dimitri didnt see his future because he was wearing the ring during this blackout, but he put it down. that would have made more sense, then the only person's vision that wouldnt have come true was the dude that jumped off the building earlier in the season. oh well.

seemed like it could have a ton more story left, but it is now over. boo.

cant decide if i would want V gone or FF...i liked em both

milkhaswings

[5]May 27, 2010
    I enjoyed it and I will definitely miss Flash Forward.
    I'm glad they didn't stop the blackout, it kind of provided a 'full circle' feeling to the show. The ending was very interesting and it has me wondering where they would have went from here.

enervator

[6]May 27, 2010
    • level: 38

Very, very frustrating finale. They very nicely set up not only next season but also a multi-season arc, since from what I could see not all of the flash-forwards were of the same time period. Of course, since there won't be a next season, all this does is lead to disappointment.

From what I gathered, the ratings had been a concern for quite a while, so I'm surprised they didn't try to throw some degree of closure into this episode, just in case it didn't get renewed. Then again, I have no idea how long ago it was that they filmed this.

I'd love to see ABC reverse this decision, but don't see it happening. Like I mentioned in another thread, since they pushed this as a successor of sorts to Lost, I don't know why they didn't put them back-to-back on the schedule, instead of letting V get the Lost lead-in. I still think they made the wrong choice between V and FlashForward...

Kevnay777

[7]May 27, 2010
    • level: 8

Man I liked this show from day 1. It was a shaky show but it deserved another chance. Honestly I thought it was better than V and I'm kind of mad V got renewed. Anyways my review...

I liked the finale but I felt like it was too rushed. Some of the dialog as someone already mention weren't good and felt forced.Lloydis a cool character but his lines are so boring. I'm so glad him and Olivia didn't have sex because that would have been so stupid. Apparently having sex=solving a huge quantum equation. I'm actually kind of disappointed that Olivia went with Lloyd because she should be able to tell that Mark still really loves her. Also they had about an 8+ year marriage(assuming Charlie is about eight) and she just decided to fall in love with some other guy just because she saw it. Anyways I'm glad that Mark didn't die and I believe he didn't either during the explosion. One thing I didn't like was that we didn't get to see some of the other flashfowards come true. Like that one woman become president, and that one guy giving the speech. I wanted to see a clear whole flashfoward instead of just visions. Now I'm even more upset because clearly they had it set up for another season but now its cancelledCry. Man ABC should really change their minds. I mean after this finale I believe that the show has the potential to be better then ever. I did however find a loophole to all of this. In the episode when Dmitri was suppose to die, Frost had a blackboard that had the outline of his flashfowards on it. Mark said he remembered that all of them lead to 2016 which labeled "The End". Now the possible belief is that maybe the end of the world is going to be on 2016 because Frost probably saw it. But in the new flashfowards we observe that Charlie is a grown woman. Assume that she is 10 or even 11 right now, she can't possibly age to the woman we saw if Frost's blackboard is correct and 2016 is "The End". But unfortunately we will never know.

Edited on 05/27/2010 9:28pm
    Edited 4 total times.

FunkyBug

[8]May 27, 2010
    • level: 1
    I LOVED the ending but omg, some of it wasn't cleared up. What happened to Mark? And who did they find in Charlies flash forward?

HolyPenguin

[9]May 27, 2010
    • level: 12
    I loved the episode, much more than Lost's finale. You can see that in this show the writers actually thought what would happen before they showed us, unlike Lost where we saw bizzare and unexplained "cool" things. They even thought about next season's finale! I'm really sad this show got cancelled, it easily became my favorite.
    I'm glad with this episode. I knew there will be a kind of a cliffhanger, as the show got cancelled and not intentionally over. But I still felt like it was a closure, and I can live with this ending.

ThomasSander

[10]May 28, 2010
    • level: 6

i am for one very sad to see any show go, i watch allmost everything, but expecially fondly sci-fi shows , if a show ends and they know it does please rap em up so we dont fell cheated of an ending

Hamzie

[11]May 28, 2010
    • level: 9
    haldrey wrote:
    Yes a fantastic episode but a blatant disrespect to the viewers. This is an episode to be followed with a next season but when the show is ending, no way.

ah so you wanted them to change their season finale once they found out the show was being cancelled? (cook up an episode in a week or such?)

good stuff there buddy. think next time

copygeek

[12]May 28, 2010

Hamzie wrote:
    haldrey wrote:
    ah so you wanted them to change their season finale once they found out the show was being cancelled? (cook up an episode in a week or such?) good stuff there buddy. think next time

Well, to be fair, they knew they were on the bubble for awhile (as soon as they were put on hiatus in the middle of the season). They could have filmed two endings (one if the show continued, and one if it was canceled) just in case. In fact, they could have just filmed a few extra scenes to make the difference between the two outcomes.

At any rate, I'm pretty pleased with how it ended. The show began as open-ended and it concluded the same way. I would have greatly preferred the show get a second season to maybe build up a bigger audience, and improve on a few of the show's short-comings (such as the pacing of the show being too slow in some episodes and too fast in others), but FlashForward will definitely remain as a good show in my memory. I could even see it maybe developing a cult following.

redcheat

[13]May 28, 2010
    • level: 3

I liked this show alot and im abit sad that we dont get to see more of it. I wish they did cancel some of the other crap they keep airing instead ;;

zitzitta

[14]May 28, 2010
    • level: 8

I agree that this finale showed a complete lack of respect for the viewers. Not only did they not answer all (or even most) of our questions but... THEY GENERATED MORE OF THEM!!! COME ON!!! I don't think this show should have been axed. It's true that it had its drawbacks but, all in all, it was pretty interesting and had plenty of potential. May we expect another network to pick it up? Please?

miss_wierd

[15]May 28, 2010

zitzitta wrote:

May we expect another network to pick it up? Please?

That would be great! But I doubt it.

Urnfs

[16]May 28, 2010
    • level: 9
    another flashforward that didn't come true: Mark's boss (the fat one), didn't he say he saw himself going to the toilet in his flash?

HolyPenguin

[17]May 28, 2010
    • level: 12
    Urnfs wrote:
    another flashforward that didn't come true: Mark's boss (the fat one), didn't he say he saw himself going to the toilet in his flash?

he was in the toilet, just didn't do the same thing as in his flash.

Edupinn

[18]May 28, 2010
    • level: 7
    It was a nice episode, in spite of all the rush... with only 40 minutes to run, it's impossible to show everything we want.
    The end was so... I don't know how to put it into words, kind of disappoint and, at the same time, interesting. I really believed that, with this episode being the series finale, they would have recorded a special ending, in which they would answer all the questions instead of just creating a bridge to another season that, most likely, won't happen.
    Well, I liked the show, I liked the story and the characters, too bad it's been canceled.

mack10

[19]May 28, 2010
    • level: 3
    zitzitta wrote:

I agree that this finale showed a complete lack of respect for the viewers. Not only did they not answer all (or even most) of our questions but... THEY GENERATED MORE OF THEM!!! COME ON!!! I don't think this show should have been axed. It's true that it had its drawbacks but, all in all, it was pretty interesting and had plenty of potential. May we expect another network to pick it up? Please?

Not picking on you specifically but some of you guys are funny with how you think. EVEN if the devs were on the endge since mid season what makes anyone think that they would re-write scripts/re-do an episode just to give the fans some closure...if anything they go with what they have and probably pitch it off to other networks in the hopes that they can continue their work...why cut out all hope by ending it completely??

AlexWeinberg

[20]May 28, 2010
    • level: 2
    Well, FlashForward is gone, V will likely follow, but hey, at least we'll know who Thinks They Can Dance and who the American Idol is...reality TV is some bull****, bring back Surface, Jericho, and FlashForward...