FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Episode - Future Shock

cinaos

[21]May 28, 2010
    • level: 6

From what Charlie said, I was thinking that shewill betalking to Mark. But then, I thought she might be talking to other people and said that they found him as in they found Mark.

The flashforward might be about 10 years later as she looks like 18 at that time.

At least at the time their flashforward finished, she knew her father is still alive.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zitzitta

[22]May 28, 2010
    • level: 8
    AlexWeinberg wrote:
    Well, FlashForward is gone, V will likely follow, but hey, at least we'll know who Thinks They Can Dance and who the American Idol is...reality TV is some bull****, bring back Surface, Jericho, and FlashForward...

I second that 100%!!!

SWERJ321

[23]May 28, 2010
    • level: 19
    One thing I was disapointed by was that they didn't show the President (Peter Coyote) in bed being woken up by word of the coming blackout. It would have made perfect sense to put that in there and explain he was indeed still President and the VP just misunderstood her vision of being behind the desk in the Oval Office. Too bad it ended because the idea of people seeing five years in the future was even cooler and so much potential left. Guess they should have concentrated less on the five-year plan and make sure the first year worked out better.

soccer23123

[24]May 28, 2010
    • level: 12

They still should've cancelled V. At the very end of this episode, it gave us a new great direction for the show. I mean seriously, I hate when they make a great show, then they cancel it before the "season" finale, then they give us a great cliffhanger. /:

motleylil

[25]May 28, 2010
    • level: 19

I'm angry at how everyone just seemed to give up on fighting what they say. Bryce saying "I loved her in my flash, I must love her now", even though he had done his nice little speech not long ago about "who cares what we saw? all that matters is here, now.", the black dude whose name I don't remember saying "Mark is dead" for the sole reason that he saw himself say it, Mark, who had been fighting going in there since October, just going in anyway, and so forth. I know some of them have good reasons for doing what they did, but it just seems like they spend 21 episodes trying to change things and then in the 22nd, they just went "things can't be changed. Too bad."

Kidnap

[26]May 28, 2010
    • level: 1

This time around they had flashforwards of different time periods?

We saw an adult Charlie, but we also saw a happy new year 2015.

Edited on 05/28/2010 5:25pm

miss_wierd

[27]May 28, 2010
    • level: 13

Urnfs wrote:
    another flashforward that didn't come true: Mark's boss (the fat one), didn't he say he saw himself going to the toilet in his flash?

I guess he didn't need to go at that moment! ROFL! He was to busy trying not to get killed! ROFL!

miss_wierd

[28]May 28, 2010

SWERJ321 wrote:
    One thing I was disapointed by was that they didn't show the President (Peter Coyote) in bed being woken up by word of the coming blackout. It would have made perfect sense to put that in there and explain he was indeed still President and the VP just misunderstood her vision of being behind the desk in the Oval Office. Too bad it ended because the idea of people seeing five years in the future was even cooler and so much potential left. Guess they should have concentrated less on the five-year plan and make sure the first year worked out better.

If the show wasn't canceled I wonder by the time September rolled around it would be 5 or so years later. Hmmmm. We are never going to know. Cry

miss_wierd

[29]May 28, 2010

Kidnap wrote:

This time around they had flashforwards of different time periods?

We saw an adult Charlie, but we also saw a happy new year 2015.

Yeah it must have been of different time periods. And I saw happy new year but I missed the year! Thanks!

Eric10301

[30]May 28, 2010
    • level: 12

Why do people assume Charlie's flashforward was in reference to Mark. It could have been anyone that they "found". It would have been interesting to see Demetri's flashforward in whole but I'm glad the show was put out of its misery.

Xenoxin

[31]May 29, 2010
    • level: 2
    Too bad we didn't see what happened with Dimitri's girlfriend. I mean her future is completely changed

zitzitta

[32]May 29, 2010
    Eric10301 wrote:

It would have been interesting to see Demetri's flashforward in whole but I'm glad the show was put out of its misery.

I don't agree. I don't think this show was in any "misery", as u say. True, it had its flaws, but it was waaaaaaaay better than a lot of the trash currently on TV!

hillsro

[33]May 29, 2010
    Almost as bad as when Jericho was canceled. Now that one left you hanging.

UltraTraveler

[34]May 29, 2010
    • level: 9
    2015??! WTF, I hate they do that to good shows.

zitzitta

[35]May 29, 2010
    hillsro wrote:
    Almost as bad as when Jericho was canceled. Now that one left you hanging.

Please, don't remind me... I'm still mad about that one!!!

miss_wierd

[36]May 29, 2010

Eric10301 wrote:

Why do people assume Charlie's flashforward was in reference to Mark.

Uh because we saw him jump when the explosion happened. And who else is she close to that is a man? Well we are never gonna know anyway. This sucks.

grey0815

[37]May 29, 2010
    • level: 14

I have only watched the first half of the season and I would like to know if the story of the series was completed or if the series ended with a cliffhanger. Could anyone comment on that without spoiling the story?

pheace

[38]May 29, 2010

my greatest disappointment was the mosaic board.

What the hell was the point of that entire thing if the end result was stringing a bunch of random letters together? So the only point of the board was so the crazy guy's vision of it, where apparantly some other nut managed to string random letters together into a date 'figured' something out?

There's no logic there whatsoever.

legersem

[39]May 29, 2010
    • level: 20

pheace wrote:

my greatest disappointment was the mosaic board.

What the hell was the point of that entire thing if the end result was stringing a bunch of random letters together? So the only point of the board was so the crazy guy's vision of it, where apparantly some other nut managed to string random letters together into a date 'figured' something out?

There's no logic there whatsoever.

Are you kidding me? The whole point was to figure out when the next flashforwards were going to happen! The only reason Gabriel knew where to put the strings is because of his multiple trips into the future and his ability to string patterns together. He noticed the patterns of the strings and by writing it down in his journal, he allowed Mark to figure out when the next GBO was going to take place...albeit five minutes from when it happened, but still better late than never.

I thought it was a pretty good season finale and it definitely made me wish that FlashForward was sticking around. It really picked up in these last episodes, although I agree that a lot of characters kind of did change their colors between this and the penultimate episode. My only complaint was that I wish we had seen more of the flashforwards at the end instead of only seeing random snippits and a bit of Charlie's. Since this was the series finale (unfortunately) I wish the writers had decided to show it so that they could have provided some sort of closure, maybe showing some happy endings on the parts of some of the characters.

Oh well, FlashForward is gone now and I highly doubt it will be back. The ratings were just too low and you really would have to make people sit through the rest of the season for them to become excited about and finale, so I doubt it will reign in any new fans. You will be missed, FlashForward.

AlexJuradoDelg

[40]May 29, 2010

Desde luego el Ășltimo episodio ha sido uno de los mejores. No entiendo xq la cancelan