FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Episode - Future Shock

pheace

[41]May 29, 2010
    • level: 1

legersem wrote:

pheace wrote:

my greatest disappointment was the mosaic board.

What the hell was the point of that entire thing if the end result was stringing a bunch of random letters together? So the only point of the board was so the crazy guy's vision of it, where apparantly some other nut managed to string random letters together into a date 'figured' something out?

There's no logic there whatsoever.

Are you kidding me? The whole point was to figure out when the next flashforwards were going to happen! The only reason Gabriel knew where to put the strings is because of his multiple trips into the future and his ability to string patterns together. He noticed the patterns of the strings and by writing it down in his journal, he allowed Mark to figure out when the next GBO was going to take place...albeit five minutes from when it happened, but still better late than never.

I thought it was a pretty good season finale and it definitely made me wish that FlashForward was sticking around. It really picked up in these last episodes, although I agree that a lot of characters kind of did change their colors between this and the penultimate episode. My only complaint was that I wish we had seen more of the flashforwards at the end instead of only seeing random snippits and a bit of Charlie's. Since this was the series finale (unfortunately) I wish the writers had decided to show it so that they could have provided some sort of closure, maybe showing some happy endings on the parts of some of the characters.

Oh well, FlashForward is gone now and I highly doubt it will be back. The ratings were just too low and you really would have to make people sit through the rest of the season for them to become excited about and finale, so I doubt it will reign in any new fans. You will be missed, FlashForward.

No I'm not kidding. There was no logic behind the pattern whatsoever. It was a bunch of random things strung together. If it hadn't been for Gabriel's diary there would never have been a pattern to begin with.

That's the dumb thing. There was never anything on the board to begin with. There was never anything to find. Until Gabriel came up with his string version of linking random letters together that board meant nothing, and it never did. Heck, he could have wrote the date in his diary, and it would have been exactly the same.

I would have been more impressed if it had been something that the main character could ever have figured out for himself, but he couldn't, because there was no logic to begin with. So Gabriel could never have copied that from a flashforward. The whole date on the board thing was dumb.

Edited on 05/29/2010 10:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alucard1475

[42]May 30, 2010
    • level: 2
    The best thing about this show is when it got canceled. I jumped of joy.

ocean58

[43]May 30, 2010
    • level: 53
    Alucard1475 wrote:
    The best thing about this show is when it got canceled. I jumped of joy.

Why do you even care, if you don't even like the show. I'm very sad, that the show is canceled.

Sagerian

[44]May 30, 2010
    • level: 9

I'm kinda bummed that this has been canned especially when ABC keep saying they want Lostesque shows. I liked the finale but obviously this is just gonna be another show that I liked with unanswered questions.

Also, do you think Mark would have gotten out of the building if he didn't decide to run in freaking slow motion??

Edited on 05/30/2010 3:38pm

motleylil

[45]May 30, 2010
    • level: 19

Sagerian wrote:

I'm kinda bummed that this has been canned especially when ABC keep saying they want Lostesque shows. I liked the finale but obviously this is just gonna be another show that I liked with unanswered questions.

Also, do you think Mark would have gotten out of the building if he didn't decide to run in freaking slow motion??

Mark running in slow motion. Still can't get over that one. In the pilot, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that show. So cheesy.

PewPew83

[46]May 30, 2010
    • level: 8
    Man what a fantastic ending ... i am sad that it got to go ..but seriously at least make a half season for season 2 to explain and close the story leave the fans happy...instead of we got to make our own conclusion i hope they do what Jericho did... at least make a few episode to satisfy fans

bassheadpl

[47]May 30, 2010

Yea - what a shame. Just great show and they canceled Loved it!

antdude

[48]May 31, 2010
    • level: 27
    I finally saw the finale. Dang, I should had recorded it on my HDTV PC. I was not expecting some cool action pack ending. Nice music at the end since it is one of my favorite songs. It was actually a good episode! Now, we will never know what happened. Oh well.

enervator

[49]May 31, 2010
    • level: 38

PewPew83 wrote:
    Man what a fantastic ending ... i am sad that it got to go ..but seriously at least make a half season for season 2 to explain and close the story leave the fans happy...instead of we got to make our own conclusion i hope they do what Jericho did... at least make a few episode to satisfy fans

But how satisfying was that second season of Jericho. Not very, at least in my opinion. Obviously the FF writers were looking at a multi-season story, so if the network decided to give them six or seven more episodes to wrap things up, that hardly seems like it would cover it. Over on the Heroes board, people are salivating over the idea of getting a two-hour wrapup movie. That's basically two episodes, back-to-back. If they were being told that NBC was giving them a two-episode season, they'd be up in arms.

Pink90210

[50]May 31, 2010
    • level: 7
    LOVED IT, ive watched this show since it was aired. there has been some highs and lows but i loved it.

what did Demetri see? why Leda took Janis at the end?? 2015 was marked as the end, so what would happen??

i guess we'll never know now.

Vikki33uk

[51]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 3
    I enjoyed it too, pity it was cancelled.

ma_liky

[52]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 13
    I loved it. It was great, they did pack everything they had in to a great finale. I personaly loved the Bryce and Keiko, I am so glad that they are together at the end, and that Nicol was rescued. It was so beautiful. Everything was done perfectly, it was thought through all the way. As for some ff not to be shown, like presidents and vice presidents well I like it better this way, cause than it would have been a bigger cliffhanger. Non the less I love the fact that they didnt stop the next blackout, I love that both Simon and Demitri didnt put the ring on. Cause they were the only two persons that didnt saw what happened that night and they didnt want to miss another one. That was cool! Well I saw something at the end among the final ffs, I saw a date 14. March 2011, written on a piece of paper. Did someone else saw that? I thought it was maybe the date of FlashForward come back, at mid season next year? Any thoughts?

steffi_totti

[53]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    Wow. Goodness, I just saw the finale and I loved it. It made me dislike ABC even more now. This was such a decent show, not perfect by any means but much much better than the crappy shows that get renewed and renewed each season.

chartah

[54]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 21
    I really liked the final episode, but didn't care for the ending when there is no second season...

Tsubasa_z

[55]Sep 2, 2010

I'm really surprised at how dumb some producers are. In the last years I watched 4 scifi series: Stargate Atlantis: Cancelled (still a movie, if they don't cancel that too) Threshhold: Cancelled (too low ratings, what do you think it wil do if it's broadcast when people are at work or driving to work) Stargate Universe : I hope this isn't cancelled..season two should start this month. and then Flash forward: Cancelled It lookes like the producers 'see no future' in sci-fi anymore.

elias_jacobson

[56]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 5

Tsubasa_z wrote:

I'm really surprised at how dumb some producers are. In the last years I watched 4 scifi series: Stargate Atlantis: Cancelled (still a movie, if they don't cancel that too) Threshhold: Cancelled (too low ratings, what do you think it wil do if it's broadcast when people are at work or driving to work) Stargate Universe : I hope this isn't cancelled..season two should start this month. and then Flash forward: Cancelled It lookes like the producers 'see no future' in sci-fi anymore.

I feel the same way. It has always been that way though, so there is nothing we can do really!